Butterfield

He had a good game, why do people think that a ball that is not passed forward is a negative one. Moving it around and pulling the other team out of position, or keeping possession until something opens up is a lot better than hoofing it forward and hoping.

Football has changed since the 1890s but I'm sure some on here would be happier if it hadn't.

• Like 1

Didn't particularly stand out for me.

Competent at best BUT maybe he needs some game time so I am reserving judgement.

I see that CC has singled him out for praise. Cynics may say that its not unconnected to Winnall getting some more goals.

Some others might say that CC is a special coach to get Rhodes and Winnall to underperform.

On 31/10/2017 at 23:13, Ronnie Starling said:

Thought he had a decent game and given a run of games will get better.

All I want him to do is justify the decision of whichever "genius" thought swapping him for Winnall would benefit the club.

If he does that, both him, and Wednesday, will have had a productive season.

3 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

All I want him to do is justify the decision of whichever "genius" thought swapping him for Winnall would benefit the club.

If he does that, both him, and Wednesday, will have had a productive season.

We didn’t need Winnall - still don’t.

On 01/11/2017 at 13:23, Oliver Cromwell said:

He had a good game, why do people think that a ball that is not passed forward is a negative one. Moving it around and pulling the other team out of position, or keeping possession until something opens up is a lot better than hoofing it forward and hoping.

Football has changed since the 1890s but I'm sure some on here would be happier if it hadn't.

I blame FIFA:

All passes must go forward.

Must play with attacking wingers that have at least 90 pace.

All players are assumed available in a transfer window.  A transfer window with no top tier star bought in is down to "woeful transfer policy", regardless of finances, if he player was willing to move, or the club was willing to sell.

Anything less than 20 shots and at least 2 goals for your side is "negative football" for which we must sack a manager regardless of record, opposition, personnel, choice of formation or any other circumstance.

Edited by Indoor Owl