Butterfield

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lee has been poor and his cameo performance tonight was shocking. I think its fair to say you cant judge players on 10 or 15 minutes from the bench as many have done with the likes of Butterfield and Rhodes.

Wow i thought Lee was great when he came on

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Wow i thought Lee was great when he came on

It's incredible isn't it how wrong some people are.

I too thought he did well, as usual. 

Edited by Pulsar

1 minute ago, timeforaboycott said:

I felt the game was slipping away from us until Lee and Fletcher came on, Lee got us going forward and had a big impact.

Think thats the difference between Lee and Butterfield..Lee looks to go forward...but to be fair to Butterfield he hasn't had much game time and maybe with a littke more confidence will be an assett...In fact in a couple of months when when Jones is back in the side..we may be saying 

"I can't believe its not Butter.................field"

Any midfielder can knock a 6 yard pass with no pressure all night long, he was ok, kept the ball moving, nothing more 

When he got the opportunity to break and make the killer pass his execution was horrendous 

Suppose when you are benchmarked against Dave Jones, you’re going to look half decent 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Any midfielder can knock a 6 yard pass with no pressure all night long, he was ok, kept the ball moving, nothing more 

When he got the opportunity to break and make the killer pass his execution was horrendous 

Suppose when you are benchmarked against Dave Jones, you’re going to look half decent 

What's he supposed to do? He's the defensive cog in a midfield 4. Bannan's execution hasn't been the best this year and he's the playmaker in our team 

1 hour ago, Pompeyowl said:

Absolutely agree. 

Would liked to have seen him pull the trigger when he broke with all that space instead of releasing wide, but really have no reason to criticise him tonight. 

Looked solid to me. 

Looked a bit sluggish I thought but improved as game progressed

Looked better when Lee came on to give hime more options to pass.

6 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lee has been poor and his cameo performance tonight was shocking. I think its fair to say you cant judge players on 10 or 15 minutes from the bench as many have done with the likes of Butterfield and Rhodes.

This is the issue with many of our fans . Because lee has been great previously it’s an insult to replace him with somebody else . 

Lee has been awful since his return from injury so for me butterfield plays 

Guest mrbluesky

Lets not get carried away,he was ok at best,again our midfield gets over run, Bannan`s running all over place,it`s a very disjointed midfield,said this another thread they (Millwall) were very compact in midfield and linked up better,we are so bloody fragile at the moment,a better team against us would have had an hatfull today.

He did have a good game but a lot of his passes went sideways and backwards too often for me. I can’t agree that he’s better than Jones in that position though because he didn’t look combative enough for me. I think Butterfield would be better alongside a Jones or a Hutch as opposed to their straight replacement, however, he’s not going to depose Bannan or Lee. 

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He did have a good game but a lot of his passes went sideways and backwards too often for me. I can’t agree that he’s better than Jones in that position though because he didn’t look combative enough for me. I think Butterfield would be better alongside a Jones or a Hutch as opposed to their straight replacement, however, he’s not going to depose Bannan or Lee. 

Are you saying that Bannan and Lee will play together in the middle? If so we will struggle because that doesn't work. We look lightweight.

30 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Lets not get carried away,he was ok at best,again our midfield gets over run, Bannan`s running all over place,it`s a very disjointed midfield,said this another thread they (Millwall) were very compact in midfield and linked up better,we are so bloody fragile at the moment,a better team against us would have had an hatfull today.

Aye, I think we'll get a tickle on Saturday.

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

What's he supposed to do? He's the defensive cog in a midfield 4. Bannan's execution hasn't been the best this year and he's the playmaker in our team 

What else is he supposed to do?

Football is a fluid game, he had the opportunity to play in Rhodes a few times, or run into space as he passed into the strikers feet and receive the 1-2, but he didn’t do either

Whether that’s strict instructions from the coach to just sit, I don’t know

Dont think the role as CDM is his best personally, worked against a poor side to some extent last night but we still have an issue in that position

9 hours ago, Shifty Powers said:

I personally think he offers a lot more than say David Jones who you would argue plays a similar role. 

Uses the ball better for my money.

First touch he opens it up for himself.  He usually knows where it's going before he recives.