Liam Palmer

Thought Palmer had a good game. 

Always seems to do better in home games than away games for me. 

Also, saying Hunt is the better attacking fullback is ok, but what are the stats?   Assists etc? 

I don’t feel there is much difference between their crossing etc most of the time. 

14 hours ago, S61 Owl said:

I’d be interested to see what would happen playing both Palmer and Hunt on the right - may be a temporary solution to the Wallace problem (Wallace had a lot better game tonight in fairness)

I'm in with that idea as well ..them 2 up and down the wing, both like to get forward and both can get back, both pretty sharpish .. can switch it up a bit ..i think that would work and if Palmer is on the right, he could tuck in when required as well 

17 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I'm in with that idea as well ..them 2 up and down the wing, both like to get forward and both can get back, both pretty sharpish .. can switch it up a bit ..i think that would work and if Palmer is on the right, he could tuck in when required as well 

So 2 players on the same side that cannot cross with the quality needed .

Genius !

For most of the season I have been saying that we need to drop calamity Hunt for Palmer and most have disagreed.

Palmer is the better defender but not as good going forward or on the over lap. it would appear with him out of the team unlike hunt he has been working on improving himself.

Now he deserves to play the next game and if he keeps his standards up the next and so forth. No player deserves to be in the team they earn the right to be there, but if Carlos now drops him for Hunt in the next few games, he may as well sell him as whats the point in having a squad of players if you play the same bloke who is not doing it.

If we could find a player who can defend and go forward then get rid of both and replace them with one (Chris Gunter would be my pick)

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For most of the season I have been saying that we need to drop calamity Hunt for Palmer and most have disagreed.

Palmer is the better defender but not as good going forward or on the over lap. it would appear with him out of the team unlike hunt he has been working on improving himself.

Now he deserves to play the next game and if he keeps his standards up the next and so forth. No player deserves to be in the team they earn the right to be there, but if Carlos now drops him for Hunt in the next few games, he may as well sell him as whats the point in having a squad of players if you play the same bloke who is not doing it.

If we could find a player who can defend and go forward then get rid of both and replace them with one (Chris Gunter would be my pick)

The only reason Hunt was left out last night was because he was carrying a knock from Saturday....He's been one of our better players this season which is why he will rightfully be resotored to the starting line up against Villa

1 minute ago, Ian said:

The only reason Hunt was left out last night was because he was carrying a knock from Saturday....He's been one of our better players this season which is why he will rightfully be resotored to the starting line up against Villa

If Hunt plays against Villa i can guarantee that Villa will get at least 1 cast iron/gilt edge chance from either one of his many errors or where he finds himself out of position and drops one of his team mates in it.

The guy cannot defend and too often the wing backs are one of our biggest weaknesses that every team exploits.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If Hunt plays against Villa i can guarantee that Villa will get at least 1 cast iron/gilt edge chance from either one of his many errors or where he finds himself out of position and drops one of his team mates in it.

The guy cannot defend and too often the wing backs are one of our biggest weaknesses that every team exploits.

When you say he will be out of position, the way we play that is always going to happen...because our full backs provide nearly all the attacking width, when an attack breaks down of course he will not be on the traditional right back position waiting for them to attack

I’d rather Palmer play well than not but this is quite a repetitive story for the past couple of seasons. Hunt play decent (not amazing) then Palmer comes in for the occasional game against what you would call lesser opposition. Palmer does ok and people cry out for him to get more game time. Against the better opposition though he (and Hunt to a degree) are well below par for what is required. A combination of the two players would give us what we need but that’s not an option.

Even though it came out of the blue I can see why we were heavily linked to Alan Hutton in the Summer. It does nobody any real favours constantly changing full backs though, especially at LB.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

When you say he will be out of position, the way we play that is always going to happen...because our full backs provide nearly all the attacking width, when an attack breaks down of course he will not be on the traditional right back position waiting for them to attack

That’s where we miss a screener in the Hutchinson mould.

Guest LittleG

Hunt every time. Palmer played OK last night but his crossing was poor and he does tend to amble back after one of his forays up field