How symbolic is the Presto Stand?

On 31/10/2017 at 14:05, ramone said:

Do elaborate...

The thread said ‘How symbolic is the Presto Stand’ and I meant replace ‘symbolic’ with ‘shambolic’ as the whole stand is way past it’s sell-by date and needs replacing. As it stands it isn’t up to standard hence the reduced capacity due to safety issues etc. Once more money comes into the club (hopefully by promotion to the Premier League) then I would imagine it will become more of a priority.

Its been there for donkeys years...

Why get your flaps out now..

Like a lot of meaningless crap on here..people moaning about stuff thats not really important.

Lets not forget under our chairman this is the closest we've been to the premiere since we went down.

Lets not worry about a lick of paint...what colour the kit is..etc

Dont moan for the sake of moaning..

Lets concentrate on getting back..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DazUK said:

Its been there for donkeys years...

Why get your flaps out now..

Like a lot of meaningless crap on here..people moaning about stuff thats not really important.

Lets not forget under our chairman this is the closest we've been to the premiere since we went down.

Lets not worry about a lick of paint...what colour the kit is..etc

Dont moan for the sake of moaning..

Lets concentrate on getting back..

Can you only concentrate on getting promoted and nothing else or do you think there's also room for wondering if we could paint the roof of the West Stand during close season?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you only concentrate on getting promoted and nothing else or do you think there's also room for wondering if we could paint the roof of the West Stand during close season?

I think promotion is a tad more important but if the stand bothers you ask him to chuck more £1000's of his money at it.....its not that important.

The West stand, and its dilapidated nature has been mentioned at a few steering group meetings and led to the "works" this summer. I think Chansiri expressed surprise that we (steering group members) found it embarrassing and promised some undefined action with rebuilding only after promotion. So he's only acting on what fans have told him.

The Lee Strafford World Cup plans looked good.  But the police/SAG would surely not allow us to increase capacity at that end with an extra tier.

So I'd like to see the roof taken off, the lower seats reprofiled to join the upper deck, the sides expanded as per WC plans, and a new lighter, airy roof on as per WC plans.

In other words, the Strafford stand without the top tier.  They could also build out the back to give more space for toilets, refreshments etc.   Would probably increase capacity by 1,500 which we would need in the Prem.

the beauty of sitting where I sit up in the grandstand is that I can only see about the 1st 6 rows of the upper lepp which is usually netted off  so didn't know the presto sign was still visible  ......the only time I have a clue if the opposites have a big following  is when that bint comes on saying " there will be no exit onto leppings lane " 

On 31/10/2017 at 13:54, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 13.50.43.jpg

At the recent steering group meeting with the club the fans raised the issue of painting over the wording on the roof of the West Stand

Currently it faintly says 'PRESTO STAND' in some mad 80's font

Is it really that big an issue or is it just symbolic of hard times?

The back of the West Stand recently received a bit of a makeover with the massive boz-eyed Owl thing splattered all over it and some might argue looks way better now (some would argue differently including my daughter who says it looks really funny)

But with the West Stand 'Presto' writing the club have said that they might look at painting over it and tidying it up but it would have to wait to pre-season when scaffolding can go up to get it done safely.

Does this faded writing on the roof of the West Stand niggle you?

I love the idea that at a brain-storming meeting about West Stand improvements, somone said "What about a massive boz-eyed Owl thing?".

• Haha 1