How symbolic is the Presto Stand?

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 13.50.43.jpg

At the recent steering group meeting with the club the fans raised the issue of painting over the wording on the roof of the West Stand

Currently it faintly says 'PRESTO STAND' in some mad 80's font

Is it really that big an issue or is it just symbolic of hard times?

The back of the West Stand recently received a bit of a makeover with the massive boz-eyed Owl thing splattered all over it and some might argue looks way better now (some would argue differently including my daughter who says it looks really funny)

But with the West Stand 'Presto' writing the club have said that they might look at painting over it and tidying it up but it would have to wait to pre-season when scaffolding can go up to get it done safely.

Does this faded writing on the roof of the West Stand niggle you?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 13.50.43.jpg

At the recent steering group meeting with the club the fans raised the issue of painting over the wording on the roof of the West Stand

Currently it faintly says 'PRESTO STAND' in some mad 80's font

Is it really that big an issue or is it just symbolic of hard times?

The back of the West Stand recently received a bit of a makeover with the massive boz-eyed Owl thing splattered all over it and some might argue looks way better now (some would argue differently including my daughter who says it looks really funny)

But with the West Stand 'Presto' writing the club have said that they might look at painting over it and tidying it up but it would have to wait to pre-season when scaffolding can go up to get it done safely.

Does this faded writing on the roof of the West Stand niggle you?

Replace symbolic with ‘shambolic’

2 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

It baffles me that out of all the things going wrong this season that the “Presto Stand” text in a place that would require you to be in a helicopter or glued to Google Maps to actually even see is even remotely an issue. 

It can be seen from the Kop, I agree though it is not an issue at all

Please club paint over that f!!l!!g presto stand writing asap, it really does my head in and looks so scruffy. Just a decent lick of paint will do the trick.

I was also looking at how the ground would have looked like the other day and if we'd have won the world cup bid instead of f!!!!!g Russia. It looked great, with excellent new away stand and with the kop with an arch and with no pillars and joining up with the north.

Love to see it, if it ever happens and if plans picked up again in future.

7 hours ago, dr. benway said:

It baffles me that out of all the things going wrong this season that the “Presto Stand” text in a place that would require you to be in a helicopter or glued to Google Maps to actually even see is even remotely an issue. 

Or standing in the kop, or looking from the kop end of the north or the kop end of the south or the kop end of the grandstand?

let’s be reyt, the whole feckin stand is a disgrace and continually drags us back to the late 80’s, if we can’t knock it down and rebuild we could at least make an attempt to bring it up to date.. or at least look a little bit better..

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly