Sheffield Wednesday - V - Millwall : Matchday Thread

Quality omdt as per. The dark nights are drawing in, & your humour is as black as them.......

I struggled with the words after the dreamy photo. Never were a character's initials more fitting. Twin strikers, two up front, call it what you will.

We need goals!!!!

I wonder if Stubbs is expecting a fackin shoot-out later? Like a western.

No matter. 4-2 to us. UTO!

• Thanks 1

Great op.

If the big man is even half match fit he should start up front with rhodes. Dave causes all sorts of bother in the box especially from set plays. 

Get the ball forwards quick , get it into the box, let Dave knock a few defenders around and hope rhodes is sharp enough to work from the scraps.

35 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Quality omdt as per. The dark nights are drawing in, & your humour is as black as them.......

I struggled with the words after the dreamy photo. Never were a character's initials more fitting. Twin strikers, two up front, call it what you will.

We need goals!!!!

I wonder if Stubbs is expecting a fackin shoot-out later? Like a western.

No matter. 4-2 to us. UTO!

I'll take a clean sheet over 2 goals any day 

31 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Good luck to the lads but I think we're already doomed before kick off. The players' confidence and morale has been washed away by the piggy doomsayers on here 

Don't talk rubbish. You really think the players take notice of the crap posted on here, be that good or bad things. If they do get affected by what people say about them they are in the wrong occupation. 

More good stat omens for tonight courtesy of g-owls 

20 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Sheffield Wednesday haven't lost any of their last 12 matches in all competitions played on Halloween (W6 D6) since a 4-1 defeat to Arsenal in 1953. Millwall, meanwhile, have lost each of their last six away matches on Halloween in all competitions, failing to score in each of their last five.

Come on Wednesday!

I think the make or break has come and gone but I've been wrong before and will be again.

I'd like to see plenty of changes tonight. Sticking with a winning formula was great but its long since passed and so it's time to give some others their chance. Rhodes first and foremost of course.

Hard to ever come across a Millwall fixture without a passing thought to Harry Cripps. A journeyman Left back with the dockers from 61 to 74. Not particularly short, his barrel chest made him look shorter than his 5' 10". The Dockers would sing "Harry, Harry break us a leg a yard above the knee" I don't recall if he ever met the request but a good few right wingers failed to see out the 90 minutes.

It was towards the end of Cripps tenure that our clubs were pitted against each other; Megson senior had gone by then but he was every inch as tough as Cripps but with finesse in spades.