Why hasn’t he sacked him

7 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Seriously - what evidence do we have whatsoever that DC is a 'very honourable and principled man'?

Is it just because he's Asian?  Like a reverse racist kind of a situation?

Positive/reverse discrimination is the term you're looking for - still racist by the way :Chansiri:

Edited by Carbone

carlos sounded a beaten man on radio yesterday ,he knows we are going nowhere so he should resign , does he want to leave club with bad memories of people been nasty and shouting carlos out? a poor Barnsley side who will finish just outside of bottom 3 next a millwall team who will finish in a similar position ,we go 1-0 down and he will hear sheffields answer to clear off .

Just now, owlinexile said:

Seriously - what evidence do we have whatsoever that DC is a 'very honourable and principled man'?

It winds me up when people instantly say chansiri is honourable too

He's thrown out our heritage and ripped the soul out of our club without any consultation with the fans

Honourable my @rse

He's just a superstitious bloke with rubbish business sence who knows nothing about the project he's chucked himself into

I don't know what this club is anymore but it ain't Sheffield Wednesday FFS

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

He's thrown out our heritage and ripped the soul out of our club without any consultation with the fans

Honourable my @rse

He's just a superstitious bloke with rubbish business sence who knows nothing about the project he's chucked himself into

Just because the squad numbers are picked with a monk and he burns paper before every game doesn't mean he's superstitious.

Oh wait...

Miguided sense of loyalty. He’s barely moved on any personnel since he came into the club. He seems to think we’re all on this big journey and it’ll be nice if we all complete it together.

he just doesn’t see that the journey isn’t going to end with promotion unless he changes his mindset and starts moving people in and out of the club 

edit it to say the only way I see anything changing is if / when the fans turn and the atmosphere becomes poisionous

Edited by Ballmeist
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

carlos sounded a beaten man on radio yesterday ,he knows we are going nowhere so he should resign , does he want to leave club with bad memories of people been nasty and shouting carlos out? a poor Barnsley side who will finish just outside of bottom 3 next a millwall team who will finish in a similar position ,we go 1-0 down and he will hear sheffields answer to clear off .

I must admit I felt he came across this way too in his post match interview. He knows that he’s lost the fans and I suspect between now and the end of the season there may be a case of going through the motions as I think various things including the standard of officiating have killed his passion for the job.

I don’t believe the Chairman feels at all comfortable with regards to making a change during the season. I think Carlos knows this and through loyalty to the Chairman I think he’s going to stick it out until the end of the season but it’s going to be an extremely difficult period for him unless things pick up on the pitch. He must be praying for Forrestieri to regain fitness asap because we are missing him big time.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Maybe because Carlos is our most successful manager for 20 years?  And we've achieved top six finishes in the last 2 years with relatively little money compared to clubs with parachute payments.  

Wolves have just spent £13 million on one player.  

And he's apparently done it with little say on our signings.  Judging by all the signings with Scottish connections. (Bannon, Rhodes, Fletcher, Wallace, Mcgeadie etc) I imagine Bullen has a big say in it.  

Yes... Some big mistakes made this season but Reading and Fulham aren't doing much better after last season.  

27 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Honourable my @rse

Ripped the soul out of the club ??   Really ??      Wow 

If we’re up against FFP then that would presumably make it easy enough to cut ties with Doyen (as we won’t be buying players anyway, at least without selling first), sack CC and bring in a football manager who is able to get more out of what is still a pretty decent championship squad, albeit on more limited funds than was the case under CC. Or are Doyen now so woven into the fabric of the club that this can’t happen? I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Selling Rhodes would be for a loss. Abdi would be impossible to sell if he can't stay fit. Nuhiu will be into last 6 months of his contract, so pretty worthless. Matias has done sod all for 2yrs, so would also be for a loss.

Some should have been sold before now when it was still possible. DC's stance not to sell anybody has shot himself in the foot. 

Better to bite the bullet, get it done. Don't sit around doing nothing.

53 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I must admit I felt he came across this way too in his post match interview. He knows that he’s lost the fans and I suspect between now and the end of the season there may be a case of going through the motions as I think various things including the standard of officiating have killed his passion for the job.

I don’t believe the Chairman feels at all comfortable with regards to making a change during the season. I think Carlos knows this and through loyalty to the Chairman I think he’s going to stick it out until the end of the season but it’s going to be an extremely difficult period for him unless things pick up on the pitch. He must be praying for Forrestieri to regain fitness asap because we are missing him big time.

he said other day prob another 3 months away (January) no mention about how long boyd.,think we have seen the last of Hutchinson ,and abdi as good as. the players he is playing now are pretty much what he is stuck with ,Wallace this season has been awful but he he no cover in that position ,it don't look good but we must get 50 points and fend of relegation which is looking very possible at this stage . you could have got 100-1 odds on that 3 wks ago I bet they aint now. 

It's a very sad state of affairs at the moment. The first season under DC and CC was brilliant; fans, manager, chairman and players were all together and it felt like we were on the crest of a wave. The football was good to watch and CC was very popular with us all.

Most of that has unfortunately disappeared now and it seems likely that we're going to have quite a hostile atmosphere very soon unless things change drastically. CC should have walked away at the end of last season with his head held high, but it's past that point now. The fans will be chanting for him out if we go behind on Tuesday.

I literally couldn't be bothered to go on Saturday and can't be bothered Tuesday; just feels like the club has lost its identity. I used to get excited walking through the turnstiles, but the magic has gone.

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

I think DC is someone who believes he is doing the right thing and sticking by his principles. 

He wouldnt budge on the FF situation. He wouldn’t entertain offers for any of our players and believes the way we will achieve success is by stability and keeping everyone together. 

Now we can argue for and against this being the right way to progress the club. But, it’s DC’s belief this is the right way forward and he’s the one steering the ship. 

As for you bringing up positive discrimination...nothing in my post suggested anything of the sort. Indeed for you bringing it up I’d look in the mirror. 

I’ve not got involved with the debate as to whether Carlos should be sacked or not.  To be honest if he went I’d not lose any sleep. 

However. I was watching him yesterday in final few minutes. He looked broken. He was staring at the ground kicking his feet rather than rallying his team. Almost disinterested.  It was strange body language. 

First time I’ve noticed it.  Not sure what to read into it. Might be nothing but I’d expect ....something from him. 

When MM was Chairman He was a man that Sheffield Wednesday would’ve been on the 20th manager if he didn’t think it was right by now until we got it right.....

DC I think is soft......I think he’s letting his personal feelings interfere with is business decision.....

If he does not sack CC Sadly I think the only way he’s going to realise if people stay away from the game in hurt is pocket..

3 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Why has he not sacked him?

DC advisor also happens to be CC’s agent

You would assume to remove CC, he would also end ties with the agent/advisor and Doyen (who we pay a significant annual sum as part of an agreement to support the club with transfers)

Considering DC confessed to not being an expert in the football sector, he’s now in a position where we’re plodding into the xmas fixture pile up needing a change but he’s got his balls that firmly grasped by the structure he’s put in place we’re stuck with what we’ve got

I can’t see DC changing this until at least the summer

Enjoy your football

Pretty much this