It's amazing

..... that after the run of results we have had, we still remain just 5 points from the top 6 !!!! Just think about that for a moment, 5 points. It is a bonkers league this season, and a couple of wins gets you back in the mix.

However, it also highlights the frailties in our side. 2 points gained against the bottom 4 is clearly poor. But, for all the division, bad feeling, current predicament we are in, there are sides around us, who are in the same boat.

Wins breed confidence, and if we can find one from somewhere, then we may start to climb the table at a greater rate of knots.

What the season has shown me so far, is that no game can be taken for granted, no matter who you play. But, there are plenty of points to play for, and while we are still there or there abouts, despite playing pretty poorly so far, let's take solace and some small comfort in the fact that we are not doomed just yet.

Before I get a host of negs for this post, I just wanted to add that the suggestion by some on here that those attending on Tuesday chant 'Carlos Out', during the game, shows a distinct lack of both class and dignity. Vent your frustrations and voices by all means, but during a game ???? Surely after the game if that is what you want to do would be more appropriate, and I use that word and that sentiment even though I do not believe it is the right thing to do.

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Before I get a host of negs for this post, I just wanted to add that the suggestion by some on here that those attending on Tuesday chant 'Carlos Out', during the game, shows a distinct lack of both class and dignity. Vent your frustrations and voices by all means, but during a game ???? Surely after the game if that is what you want to do would be more appropriate, and I use that word and that sentiment even though I do not believe it is the right thing to do.

Agree with this.

I’d also make the point that in my view any form of protest along those lines would make a change less likely. DC’’s football education is hitting a steep learning curve, he needs to understand that a change of Head Coach/Manager is just football and not an admission of being wrong.

Guest kelliesleftnut
24 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

..... that after the run of results we have had, we still remain just 5 points from the top 6 !!!! Just think about that for a moment, 5 points. It is a bonkers league this season, and a couple of wins gets you back in the mix.

However, it also highlights the frailties in our side. 2 points gained against the bottom 4 is clearly poor. But, for all the division, bad feeling, current predicament we are in, there are sides around us, who are in the same boat.

Wins breed confidence, and if we can find one from somewhere, then we may start to climb the table at a greater rate of knots.

What the season has shown me so far, is that no game can be taken for granted, no matter who you play. But, there are plenty of points to play for, and while we are still there or there abouts, despite playing pretty poorly so far, let's take solace and some small comfort in the fact that we are not doomed just yet.

Posted earlier mate, we need 2 points per game for the rest of the season to, with a bit of luck, get into the playoffs.

You honestly think we have a chance ?

30 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

We thrashed Leeds, which surely inspired confidence, but then followed it up with a terrible display at Bolton.

Carlos won't turn things around now; he'll not walk away for financial reasons so we're waiting on Chansiri.

The only "vote" we have is the cash we put into the club. That's why I didn't go yesterday and why I won't return while Carlos remains.

I guess those who've already paid their money for season tickets feel that it's the only way they can air their frustrations and effect change.

Ordinarily I wouldn't advocate it, but there's been too much invested in this project to see it collapse, so boo and chant away.

7 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

when would you like them to sing carlos out.maybe the half time cuppa or just on way out of the ground.
if stories are true what fans have said today then both dc and cc can go for me.we are not a cash cow to be ripped off by any owner.its our club and they need us

Must admit I do love it when people suggest the owner 'can go'.

As if we've had brilliant owners in the past and they grow on trees?

Hardly Blackpool with Oysten or Blackburn with Venkys is it.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Must admit I do love it when people suggest the owner 'can go'.

As if we've had brilliant owners in the past and they grow on trees?

Hardly Blackpool with Oysten or Blackburn with Venkys is it.

It's not there yet but it's quickly heading that way. 

Not a massive fan of DC atm and hold him more responsible than Carlos.

I would like to say that I am "Amazed" how badly this season is panning out. But I'm not amazed at all. When Carlos signed his new contract (why he was offered it, we shall never know) and looking at our second consecutive season of awful player recruitment, we are broadly, where I expected us to be. The only thing I find amazing on match day, is the quality of the ale in the New Barrack Tavern before the game. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

It's not there yet but it's quickly heading that way. 

Not a massive fan of DC atm and hold him more responsible than Carlos.

Heading that way?

Unless he's started stripping assets, selling all the best players, selling the training ground, overseeing 3 relegations and basically leaving the club with nothing, it's not even remotely close!!!!!!! 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Heading that way?

Unless he's started stripping assets, selling all the best players, selling the training ground, overseeing 3 relegations and basically leaving the club with nothing, it's not even remotely close!!!!!!! 

January isn't far away , if things haven't improved by then the asset stripping could start then.

Just now, Andoverowl said:

January isn't far away , if things haven't improved by then the asset stripping could start then.

Sell Forestieri or Rhodes and you've got a chunk back.

First sign of trouble or things not going well and everyone's bed wetting thinking the worst. 

To be honest, with how our fans go off, I wouldn't invest in wednesday for anything regardless of how rich I was.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Sell Forestieri or Rhodes and you've got a chunk back.

First sign of trouble or things not going well and everyone's bed wetting thinking the worst. 

To be honest, with how our fans go off, I wouldn't invest in wednesday for anything regardless of how rich I was.

First signs of trouble started appearing 18 months ago mate it's not knee jerk.