Carlos and the Chairman

15 minutes ago, Bahrain Owl said:

Laying blame and excuses for performance isn't going to help. Blaming the referee last week - what nonsense. To win a game of football you have to score more goals than your opponents - everything else is a factor towards this target and these factors are likely to be constantly changing due to the number of people involved at different levels at different times.

The fault is way back in the infrastructure of the club.......anyone who reads me on here will know I have a habit of looking for the dastardly deeds within the business (Not because I have done dastardly deeds to anyone else, on the contrary actually).

Doyen Sports or Global or whatever they call themselves, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they too may have recognised what a lot of the supporters have known and/or suspected if they haven't followed Chansiri's involvement. Sheffield Wednesday football Club, just a few years ago repeatedly in the top 6 clubs of Premier league, a huge potential, could be in need of a few bob more spending on them (new stadium etc.)....what an opportunity for the money men within Doyen (and there are quite a few of them with more than enough foldings) to take this massive football club and "steal" it at a bargain. This is a business.

Question - how do we do that?

Answer - you railroad the club, that's how.

Question - who do we use to do that?

Answer - one of our own.......!!

Of course, conflict of interest is something to consider but enterprises like Doyen with the superstars they have on their books usually find ways around such nasty things as COI.

(Thoughts from afar guys.....that's all, lazy Sunday afternoon baking in a very hot Malaysia!!)

I wouldn't doubt that mate. 

The level of criticism at DC (ie “he’s done everything wrong”) is uncalled for and fairly petulant.

Sticking with a manager is a commendable trait as long as you don’t do it for too long. In my view we are past that point now whereas he seems to think we are unlucky. The longer it goes on you have to question his thinking on this matter and for me it seems so unlikely that we will get promoted  (based on inconsistency so far) it would be delusional to think otherwise.

The lack of alternatives is a drawback but there are a lot of managers out there if we look hard enough.

53 minutes ago, Bahrain Owl said:

Laying blame and excuses for performance isn't going to help. Blaming the referee last week - what nonsense. To win a game of football you have to score more goals than your opponents - everything else is a factor towards this target and these factors are likely to be constantly changing due to the number of people involved at different levels at different times.

The fault is way back in the infrastructure of the club.......anyone who reads me on here will know I have a habit of looking for the dastardly deeds within the business (Not because I have done dastardly deeds to anyone else, on the contrary actually).

Doyen Sports or Global or whatever they call themselves, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they too may have recognised what a lot of the supporters have known and/or suspected if they haven't followed Chansiri's involvement. Sheffield Wednesday football Club, just a few years ago repeatedly in the top 6 clubs of Premier league, a huge potential, could be in need of a few bob more spending on them (new stadium etc.)....what an opportunity for the money men within Doyen (and there are quite a few of them with more than enough foldings) to take this massive football club and "steal" it at a bargain. This is a business.

Of course, conflict of interest is something to consider but enterprises like Doyen with the superstars they have on their books usually find ways around such nasty things as COI.

(Thoughts from afar guys.....that's all, lazy Sunday afternoon baking in a very hot Malaysia!!)

Fookme is it that time already, better get my skates on. 

Edited by daleblue

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

It is a strange measure adopted by those that try to paint a positive position regardless of how bad things may be. That is to say, pick out examples that are under performing to a greater extent than yourselves then state that at least we're not doing as badly as they are. Really weird measure when you think about it.

lol

Indeed...it wer villa a few week back..proably be burton in a few week :Chansiri:

5 hours ago, Bahrain Owl said:

I mean come on......the club is owned by someone who has admitted he doesn't know much about football and the famous supporters turn on players, managers, coaches and themselves as soon as they lose a few games and performances drop.

The same supporters that travelled to cardiff for a LEAGUE ONE play off final in record numbers?

The same supporters that filled all 4 sides of the ground in LEAGUE ONE?

They same supporters that outsang supporters at Wembley even though the team had LOST a play off final?

The same supporters that set record season ticket sales at record prices?

The same supporters that regular snap up 100% of away allocations as quick as the ticketing systems will allow?

The same supporters that queue for a shirt most of them didn't really want without even seeing the quality of it on day one of sales?

Thr one thing that has stayed Premier League quality, despite everything this club has endured over that last 18 years is the supporters. Of course we get frustrated when we perform below expectations- that's what football fans do, but I certainly don't think fans can be accused of turning 'as soon as they lose a few games'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The level of criticism at DC (ie “he’s done everything wrong”) is uncalled for and fairly petulant.

Sticking with a manager is a commendable trait as long as you don’t do it for too long. In my view we are past that point now whereas he seems to think we are unlucky. The longer it goes on you have to question his thinking on this matter and for me it seems so unlikely that we will get promoted  (based on inconsistency so far) it would be delusional to think otherwise.

The lack of alternatives is a drawback but there are a lot of managers out there if we look hard enough.

I'm not having a go here- genuine question. Have you read Grandad's post from last night? What do you think?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 hour ago, Bahrain Owl said:

Now that does open up a can of worms!

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

That's a fair point about Chansiri. He can't be faulted for putting in the money and it's rare for owners to stick by their manager for so long. But some of the things he's done such as bringing in Doyen, plastering himself over the kits and stadium, pricing fans out and taking away the club's identity is unforgivable.

We can still sort things out and turn things around, if changes are made on and off the pitch, regardless of whether Carlos stays or goes. But the longer nothing is done, except for talk and excuses, the more chance that this season will be written off and we're have to rebuild in the summer. There are managers and head coaches out there. I would go for a up and coming British or foreign manager. Paul Hurst would be my choice or someone similar. I also think that Doyen need getting rid of and Chansiri needs help from some experienced footballing people, like Howard Wilkinson for example, as director of football or adviser.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

That's a fair point about Chansiri. He can't be faulted for putting in the money and it's rare for owners to stick by their manager for so long. But some of the things he's done such as bringing in Doyen, plastering himself over the kits and stadium, pricing fans out and taking away the club's identity is unforgivable.

We can still sort things out and turn things around, if changes are made on and off the pitch, regardless of whether Carlos stays or goes. But the longer nothing is done, except for talk and excuses, the more chance that this season will be written off and we're have to rebuild in the summer. There are managers and head coaches out there. I would go for a up and coming British or foreign manager. Paul Hurst would be my choice or someone similar. I also think that Doyen need getting rid of and Chansiri needs help from some experienced footballing people, like Howard Wilkinson for example, as director of football or adviser.

Early doors companies like Doyen seemed a good thing, but it’s about recognising when the time is up on its usefulness.

I don’t agree with the lack of stripes although I don’t mind for the 150th as much.

Name on stand and the shirt, ok not ideal but if it pays more than putting some other company on there then so be it. 

It would be much less of an issue had the manager delivered promotion.

11 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm not having a go here- genuine question. Have you read Grandad's post from last night? What do you think?

The one about not going again as it stands? 

I dunno about that but the fans could and should be more vocal at the game if they want to get the message.

If they don’t like the shirt and no stripes, stop buying the kits. Those that do anyway are taking the pish out of themselves.

1 hour ago, bobness said:

If you're going to start banging on about league positions, have you noticed where United are?

This might sound daft, because at the end of the day it is about league position, but I really didn't like what I saw last season, despite finishing 4th (which apparently was enough for most on here to suggest there was "year on year progression" - proof that Carlos was the right man for the job). Based on last season and how we conducted ourselves during the summer, I predicted we wouldn't even make the playoffs. Was really hoping I'd be wrong.

Yes the writing was on the wall pre season (even before imo), the rot well and truely set in and DC continued to ignore the fact, the more i think about it the sicker i feel

I want to support Sheffield Wednesday Football club, just like I have done passionately for 56 years. I don’t want to support an indulgence of a Wealthy person who wishes to change the whole culture of the club.  I want to arrive at Hillsborough, not the Chansiri Stadium, and see posters of famous victories and past heroes. I don’t want to see golden elephants and Chairman Mao type giant posters. I don’t want my beloved club run by a bully, a narcissist, a control-freak or an ego maniac. Jesus wept. Is that asking too much?

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The one about not going again as it stands? 

I dunno about that but the fans could and should be more vocal at the game if they want to get the message.

If they don’t like the shirt and no stripes, stop buying the kits. Those that do anyway are taking the pish out of themselves.

I was talking  more about the comments about people leaving the club right, left and centre and the way things are behind the scenes.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

33 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The same supporters that travelled to cardiff for a LEAGUE ONE play off final in record numbers?

The same supporters that filled all 4 sides of the ground in LEAGUE ONE?

They same supporters that outsang supporters at Wembley even though the team had LOST a play off final?

The same supporters that set record season ticket sales at record prices?

The same supporters that regular snap up 100% of away allocations as quick as the ticketing systems will allow?

The same supporters that queue for a shirt most of them didn't really want without even seeing the quality of it on day one of sales?

Thr one thing that has stayed Premier League quality, despite everything this club has endured over that last 18 years is the supporters. Of course we get frustrated when we perform below expectations- that's what football fans do, but I certainly don't think fans can be accused of turning 'as soon as they lose a few games'.

I can only comment what I read on here Rumbelow, it's not meant as a criticism, far from it. In my years I have also followed the club all over the country, way back in the dark days of the 1970s. The supporters are amongst the best in the land but the discussion is about what is happening behind the scenes at the club and therefore my comment was made as a reference only.

But tell you what, if I was in England and spending 40 sovs plus travel costs to go and watch some of the Wednesday football I have seen on the telly so far this season, I would be front of the queue mate, shouting very loudly.  

The supporters are certainly entitled to a bit more clarity on certain issues within the club that is for sure.

A previous post highlighted it even better - support the team, see SWFC when you walk in Hillsborough and not the glorification of an individual.

No harm intended at all mate.......

1 minute ago, Bahrain Owl said:

I can only comment what I read on here Rumbelow, it's not meant as a criticism, far from it. In my years I have also followed the club all over the country, way back in the dark days of the 1970s. The supporters are amongst the best in the land but the discussion is about what is happening behind the scenes at the club and therefore my comment was made as a reference only.

But tell you what, if I was in England and spending 40 sovs plus travel costs to go and watch some of the Wednesday football I have seen on the telly so far this season, I would be front of the queue mate, shouting very loudly.  

The supporters are certainly entitled to a bit more clarity on certain issues within the club that is for sure.

A previous post highlighted it even better - support the team, see SWFC when you walk in Hillsborough and not the glorification of an individual.

No harm intended at all mate.......

I know you meant no harm- and perhaps it is the distance thing. From what I can tell (and I'm up in the Grandstand, so a bit detached!) yesterday's atmosphere was the first home game in a long time where it felt like the team and Carlos were 'behind the 8 ball' from the first whistle. I didn't even feel it at the Leeds game following the Blunts/Brum games like I did yesterday.

The atmosphere in the ground is one of immense frustration (starting to border on apathy again) and I think there are a number of elements contributing to it, and I'll try to put them in order of influence from top to bottom (imo of course)

1) Run of results

2) Style of play

3) League position

4) Team selection

4) Performance of Utd

The last one won't apply to everyone, and could also be higher up the list for some- but I think it is a factor.

My point really re the supporters is that although we may moan and groan as much as anyone else, we tend to stay loyal and bounce crack quicker than most to stand with the team and go again.

2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but maybe you don't want to, we are above Hull City in the league

So, we are above the team who last night on Sky had fans throwing tennis balls onto the pitch as a protest...