Carlos and the Chairman

Weren't people saying something similar about Dave Jones under Milan Mandaric just a few years ago???

It is a matter of time and the fastest way to make this happen, if that is what the fans want, is to simply stop attending games, stop buying better quality shirts that seem to have been ordered according to Thailand standards and spending any money on anything to do with the club. Chansiri is a businessman, he will be constantly looking at revenues to recover his investment.

But just think on, there are always two sides to every story. I doubt Chansiri would sack Carlos until he had someone else lined up and has it occurred to anyone that there might not be any managers, currently out of work, who would even be interested in the job at Hillsborough?

I mean come on......the club is owned by someone who has admitted he doesn't know much about football and the famous supporters turn on players, managers, coaches and themselves as soon as they lose a few games and performances drop.

Carlos's tactics, it seems, are generally to start playing towards the end of the game anyway so perhaps his tactics over the season are the same. 

8 minutes ago, Bahrain Owl said:

Weren't people saying something similar about Dave Jones under Milan Mandaric just a few years ago???

It is a matter of time and the fastest way to make this happen, if that is what the fans want, is to simply stop attending games, stop buying better quality shirts that seem to have been ordered according to Thailand standards and spending any money on anything to do with the club. Chansiri is a businessman, he will be constantly looking at revenues to recover his investment.

But just think on, there are always two sides to every story. I doubt Chansiri would sack Carlos until he had someone else lined up and has it occurred to anyone that there might not be any managers, currently out of work, who would even be interested in the job at Hillsborough?

I mean come on......the club is owned by someone who has admitted he doesn't know much about football and the famous supporters turn on players, managers, coaches and themselves as soon as they lose a few games and performances drop.

Carlos's tactics, it seems, are generally to start playing towards the end of the game anyway so perhaps his tactics over the season are the same. 

Absolutely. Withholding funds is the only thing likely to affect Chansiri's thinking. Chuntering and giving him your cash won't.

But I agree that there may well be more happening behind the scenes than we know.

Didn't he publicly back Gray, only to sack him later? And DC doesn't do anything in a hurry. 

We also have a Portuguese backroom, which will need replacement.

DC completely buggered this season up. I solely blame him. After Huddersfield when CC's future was up in the air and they were having discussions they should have amicably parted ways with the rest of his backroom staff. Brought a new man and his staff in and given them the summer to start a fresh challenge. 

Now we're in a situation where the season is pretty much over by the end of October (no chance of a playoff push in my opinion) and DC doesn't have a clue what to do. If he sacks CC and his boys now it will be costly, timely and not an easy transition to bring in a whole new managerial team. 

For me, DC has made this season a complete write off and I fully expect CC to sit there in charge for the whole season whilst attendances and the supports plummets. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

DC completely buggered this season up. I solely blame him. After Huddersfield when CC's future was up in the air and they were having discussions they should have amicably parted ways with the rest of his backroom staff. Brought a new man and his staff in and given them the summer to start a fresh challenge. 

Now we're in a situation where the season is pretty much over by the end of October (no chance of a playoff push in my opinion) and DC doesn't have a clue what to do. If he sacks CC and his boys now it will be costly, timely and not an easy transition to bring in a whole new managerial team. 

For me, DC has made this season a complete write off and I fully expect CC to sit there in charge for the whole season whilst attendances and the supports plummets. 

The worry is does DC even care, as long as he gets his photo opportunities ?

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

The worry is does DC even care, as long as he gets his photo opportunities ?

At the moment, he might be fully oblivious.

Once the income starts dropping surely he has to take notice. I think he is in deep, way over his head to be honest, and basically acting like a mute and trying to pretend it isn't happening. I am concerned. 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Nail on the head,can't argue with a word of that mate, some will try and look silly in the process.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just says Hull are being badly run too.

It is a strange measure adopted by those that try to paint a positive position regardless of how bad things may be. That is to say, pick out examples that are under performing to a greater extent than yourselves then state that at least we're not doing as badly as they are. Really weird measure when you think about it.

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but maybe you don't want to, we are above Hull City in the league

If you're going to start banging on about league positions, have you noticed where United are?

This might sound daft, because at the end of the day it is about league position, but I really didn't like what I saw last season, despite finishing 4th (which apparently was enough for most on here to suggest there was "year on year progression" - proof that Carlos was the right man for the job). Based on last season and how we conducted ourselves during the summer, I predicted we wouldn't even make the playoffs. Was really hoping I'd be wrong.

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It is a strange measure adopted by those that try to paint a positive position regardless of how bad things may be. That is to say, pick out examples that are under performing to a greater extent than yourselves then state that at least we're not doing as badly as they are. Really weird measure when you think about it.

lol

An Apologist grasps at many straws.

lol

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

An Apologist grasps at many straws.

lol

There aren't many, if any, straws left for them to grasp. They've all been grasped and worn out already, just like every excuse as been worn out already by their messiah Carlos the Stubborn. They're just as stubborn, deluded and naive as Carlos. :manager:

Laying blame and excuses for performance isn't going to help. Blaming the referee last week - what nonsense. To win a game of football you have to score more goals than your opponents - everything else is a factor towards this target and these factors are likely to be constantly changing due to the number of people involved at different levels at different times.

The fault is way back in the infrastructure of the club.......anyone who reads me on here will know I have a habit of looking for the dastardly deeds within the business (Not because I have done dastardly deeds to anyone else, on the contrary actually).

Doyen Sports or Global or whatever they call themselves, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they too may have recognised what a lot of the supporters have known and/or suspected if they haven't followed Chansiri's involvement. Sheffield Wednesday football Club, just a few years ago repeatedly in the top 6 clubs of Premier league, a huge potential, could be in need of a few bob more spending on them (new stadium etc.)....what an opportunity for the money men within Doyen (and there are quite a few of them with more than enough foldings) to take this massive football club and "steal" it at a bargain. This is a business.

Question - how do we do that?

Answer - you railroad the club, that's how.

Question - who do we use to do that?

Answer - one of our own.......!!

Of course, conflict of interest is something to consider but enterprises like Doyen with the superstars they have on their books usually find ways around such nasty things as COI.

(Thoughts from afar guys.....that's all, lazy Sunday afternoon baking in a very hot Malaysia!!)