I actually thought...

Had we put away some of those earlier chances, we would have been more than comfortable.  

That attempt from Baz, with a few clever one two's, followed up with a delightful chip over the keeper, only to see it cleared off the the line.  

Same with Lee's attempt that smashed the post, how that did not go in, I will never know.  

The game should have been put to bed, and we allowed them to get right back into the game.

Hugely disappointing, as it was a must win game.

Got to agree General. However, we really should have been at least 3 up at half time. It would have made it so much easier for us, but that pretty much sums up our season, we are creating lots of chances, but our finishing is poor.

Because of the above, we are always in danger of letting a side get back into the game, and it happened again today.

If we take our chances, then the confidence will come back, but as it stands, with our defensive record not helping us, we have to convert more of the chances. 

The thing that annoyed me was we had 5 mins left and we still pissed about passing it along the back. And at one stage we had it on the edge of their box, numerous chances to either shoot or cross and we kept passing it and eventually lost it and they nearly countered.

Also a couple of occasions we broke, long ball up to hooper with space to run into and he turned round. Imagine that falling to Brooks at united.

Edited by agentwalker

Guest Bagarri

Next time we moan about a referee screwing us over, remember we got away with a point today because Rhodes own goal should've stood.

54 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

... we played well today. There was some top drawer attacking which should have resulted in a tonne of goals and the defensive side was pretty good 

You feel like you should give a measured responce but when it’s, pretty much, every week you really know things need to change.

I agree at times we attacked in weaves and could have been four up at half-time. Lee's shot, the two headers blocked on the line...seriously bad luck.

And for those who think Barnsley's disallowed goal should have stood, not one Barnsley player even blinked at the decision. It was a clear push, and they accepted it.