POLL - Carlos in or Carlos out?

Carlos Carvalhal - Back him or Sack him?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Back him or Sack him?

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM

12 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

I think most of those 70 are voting purely with their heart over their head. Carlos is a likeable bloke and I think most of us fell in love with that photo of him in tears clapping us at Wembley.

Just makes it a sorry state of affairs what’s happened 

This is one of the reasons why I wish he’d left in the summer.

Had he and the club had an amicable parting of ways after our semifinal defeat, he’d have been remembered fondly by most Owls fans as a likeable bloke who NEARLY got us to the Premier League.

Now he’ll end up getting hounded out and nobody wants to see that but he does have to leave, we are going backwards under him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Had he and the club had an amicable parting of ways after our semifinal defeat, he’d have been remembered fondly by most Owls fans as a likeable bloke who NEARLY got us to the Premier League.

Now he’ll end up getting hounded out and nobody wants to see that but he does have to leave, we are going backwards under him.

My sentiments exactly. :columbo:

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Exactly.

Brian Laws was sacked at about the right time (although his replacement was worse) and is remembered fondly.

Whereas Dave Jones stayed too long into a failing season (which Stuart Gray turned around without any signings) and isn’t liked by many. Although I suppose the contrast between those two is their attitude.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:24, alanharper said:

And if you vote "back him" you've got to give a valid reason to explain your delusion. But not "look where we were 5 years ago" or "he got us in the playoffs twice". 

I don't hold with the we should be in the top 2 ,play offs is the best we can hope for with the players he's been given and for 2 seasons he's achieved that .....until 6 games ago he was on course to repeat that and think he deserves a little longer to turn back round, if he cant then yes try someone else but if the new bloke cant sign players of his own choosing I wouldn't expect things to be much different .

13 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

said the same at the time.

Both could have moved forwards, Carlos would have had a chance at a PL job too possibly. Now its gone wrong for all concerned, more so Carlos imo

The pig result seems to have knocked his bouncebackability he had over the last 2 seasons. The squad is bad and I think he doesn't know how to fix it. time to move on I think. I worry about the next manager, but carlos isn't the right man.

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

The pig result seems to have knocked his bouncebackability he had over the last 2 seasons. The squad is bad and I think he doesn't know how to fix it. time to move on I think. I worry about the next manager, but carlos isn't the right man.

This.

We had names like Allardyce and Pardew being chucked about on here recently (would be great to have either at the helm) but they're being considered for roles at teams like Everton who have spent about £140m on new players in the last year and can afford to pay huge wages at the top level.

It's highly unlikely we'll be able to attract the cream of the crop. I want CC gone at this point but I worry about another comparative no-name coming in rather than what we'd all want.

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

This.

We had names like Allardyce and Pardew being chucked about on here recently (would be great to have either at the helm) but they're being considered for roles at teams like Everton who have spent about £140m on new players in the last year and can afford to pay huge wages at the top level.

It's highly unlikely we'll be able to attract the cream of the crop. I want CC gone at this point but I worry about another comparative no-name coming in rather than what we'd all want.

if fans want entertainment and attacking football then a realistic option would be dean smith , whether he as has the nous to make us successful though is up for debate coz it one thing to get Brentford up around 8th but that wouldn't be acceptable here ......

I thank CC for the previous 2 seasons, getting to the play off final in his first season was a great experience even if we did lose meekly in the final. To follow that up with a 4th place finish was great however cracks were showing last season in games like Bristol City and Rotherham at home, and away at Burton, Wigan and Barnsley etc etc .. We finished with a flourish to secure our play off status but it took some dogga results from other teams and there were many a game last season where we scraped through and I said to myself and others many a time that "we'll get found out soon" .. and this season its coming to roost .. at exactly the wrong time .. so i thank him for his contribution and some cracking results. But for me he had to go after Huddersfield .. the writing was on the wall after going a goal ahead, backward subs and then throwing it all away.  You can blame sh*t penno's etc but that game should have been done and dusted before then. We didn't do enough to win that game, and coupled with taking the foot off the gas at 1-0 and negative substitutions then yeah, that was that ..

To go in to this season with the same old tired and tested cliches of promotion and the bile spouted after every match, and even having the cheek to say that things will change and it will be like the first season, swashbuckling, buccaneer, attacking, no pressure and don't give a flip about the opposition football, only to resort to the same old boring and at times quite poor dour negative, get a 1-0 win garbage football is a proper kick in the f*nny for many fans ..

Off the pitch things have been an absolute shambles but on the pitch we've become lifeless, stale, boring and predictable .. we need change otherwise this we are gonna end up in mid table obscurity