POLL - Carlos in or Carlos out?

Carlos Carvalhal - Back him or Sack him?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Back him or Sack him?

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM

49 minutes ago, Animal said:

Would love to hear the reasons why we should keep him. 

There aren't any footballing reasons to keep him. The only reason he's still here is because of Chansiri's lack of football knowledge and because it will cost a lot to get rid of Carlos, his staff and Doyen, and to bring in a replacement and new staff.

I'll give you a reason to 'back' him. He's not about to be sacked.

I wanted rid after the Huddersfield play off shambles. It didn't happen and something like this was always likely.

It makes no sense however  to obsess about something that's outside of your own control.

He's Wednesday manager, I'll back him till he's sacked or leaves.

7 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

I'll give you a reason to 'back' him. He's not about to be sacked.

I wanted rid after the Huddersfield play off shambles. It didn't happen and something like this was always likely.

It makes no sense however  to obsess about something that's outside of your own control.

He's Wednesday manager, I'll back him till he's sacked or leaves.

Because the chairman can't get rid of him not for footballing reasons, isn't a reason to keep him. The question was can anyone give a reason to keep him not a reason to back him. No one as given a footballing reason to keep Carlos this season based upon this season. Just because Doyen have got Chansiri's pants down and because it will cost Chansiri lots to get rid and replace, isn't a good enough reason to accept things how they are because if Chansiri's still serious about promotion then changes are needed on and off the pitch. Standing still, talking the talk without actions and waiting for it to blow over and right itself, isn't the way to turn things around.

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

I think we (well most) know that CC is part of the big problem. We have an inexperienced chairman and we are carrying quite of bit of deadwood in players. The backroom staff have been brought in for one reason only thats to safeguard CC's job (all Portugese). He's (DC) not going to get rid of the lot unless he is prepared to lose a quite a significant amount of money in compensation to these guys.

The only long term future we have to become successful  is another MM type who comes along and prepared to take a punt and start all over again. DC isn't going to change his ways. He may get shot of the club if the attendances start dropping dramatically. He is a businessman at the end of the day who knows sod all about football.

Carlos's staff consists of 3xPortuguese + Bullen and Rhodes.

Whether the other coaches are Portuguese or not, many managers will want to bring in their own staff. So it doesn't matter whether they're Portuguese or not - they'll be replaced in the new manager wants them out.

The other Portuguese staff (physio's) can stay or leave if they want.

1 hour ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Carlos's staff consists of 3xPortuguese + Bullen and Rhodes.

Whether the other coaches are Portuguese or not, many managers will want to bring in their own staff. So it doesn't matter whether they're Portuguese or not - they'll be replaced in the new manager wants them out.

The other Portuguese staff (physio's) can stay or leave if they want.

Thought Rhodes warmed the bench for 80 minutes. Guess that is part of the back room set up. :duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Wish we could give him a non-football role at the Club, maybe just dealing with the press, Then appoint Heckingbottom as head coach to work with Bullen. I'd hate to see Carlos at a rival club.

Cleaner?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Wish we could give him a non-football role at the Club, maybe just dealing with the press, Then appoint Heckingbottom as head coach to work with Bullen. I'd hate to see Carlos at a rival club.

Why the hell would you want him spouting his rubbish to the press.? That’s the most annoying thing about him . 

If love to see him at a rival . One less promotion rival next season ! 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

I’ve gone past the point of caring now, the fact is that he’s not doing a good job here anymore so even if he goes and does well elsewhere it doesn’t change the fact we need a new voice in charge of our team 

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’ve gone past the point of caring now, the fact is that he’s not doing a good job here anymore so even if he goes and does well elsewhere it doesn’t change the fact we need a new voice in charge of our team 

A lot of us have gone past caring and thats a real worry, i dont want to feel like this, or am i being a mardy old sod who should pull himself together and back the team no matter what

6 minutes ago, debram said:

A lot of us have gone past caring and thats a real worry, i dont want to feel like this, or am i being a mardy old sod who should pull himself together and back the team no matter what

The recent run of games has been a kick in the guts all round.

Most are fed up... I can see a future without some at the club in power.

I can't see a future without the supporters....draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Costello 77

27 minutes ago, debram said:

I feel exactly the same pal so if you are that makes to of us who are being mardy old sods.

• Thanks 1

You can’t say he’s here for the season and be so sure about it. The truth is nobody knows what is going to happen because no one is privy to that information. Lose Tuesday and he could be gone, in contrast he could be here till January or for the full season, we just don’t know