It’s been said on here time and again but I’m walking out of another match now just angry. We can pass it around as much as we want, make half chances, play good passing football, but until we can break without needing 5 passes to hold up the ball and bring others into play because we can’t get past defenders with pace we will still be feeling like this.  

Guest BULGARIA
4 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

We had pace with JJ and It didn't work. The trouble is the rest of the team can't keep up. I'm waiting for the pride and passion comments too

No pride, no passion. Hope that helps.

Guest Theboylangers

Got to agree with the OP. This team is crying out for someone to drive at the opposition with pace. 

We just trundle around making intricate passes without ever damaging the opponents defence. 

The tactics CC employs are absolutely atrocious, a pub side could set up to stop wednesday scoring, it's so predictable 

there was a break away with 5 mins to go from a Barnsley corner, bannan starts carrying the ball out of our box, acres of space to run into, he then proceeds to pass it 10 yards back to reach allowing every single Barnsley player to get behind the ball. I couldn't believe what I witnessed 

slow boring football, it's  horrible to watch let alone pay for

Everyone knows he needs to go, but deep down we all know he will be staying for some time, it really is depressing at the minute 

8 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

We need a ball carrier. Someone who has trickery and likes to run at defenders with the ball at his feet.

We are a very good passing team but we need another element.

Oh.....and another manager.

Let's hope the little bugger is back from injury soon

42 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

We had pace with JJ and It didn't work. The trouble is the rest of the team can't keep up. I'm waiting for the pride and passion comments too

Well that's me convinced. Bring in more Chris Sedgewick types then so the other slowerers can keep up.

Slowest team in the league. 

Anyone who has played football EVER at any level knows that you absolutely hate playing against people with pace. Barnsley had pace and broke well at times, those transition periods can completely change games. 

Like someone said above, bar one or two instances we always turn around and allow the opposition to settle. 

We've clearly been crying out for pace and power ever since Wembley. Our player recruitment as been shocking and our tactics and playing style as been just as bad. No excuses. No Wednesday manager/head coach as ever been backed as much as Carlos but in the bottom line is that Carlos is too stubborn for his own good and he can't get the best out of our squad. A more attacking, less fearful and tactically aware manager/head coach is needed to freshen things up.