:-(

Guest Deleted member

I have to say that after today I really do thing Sam Allardyce is the only man for the job.

We need someone who can handle big players, we need someone who can handle big expectations, we need someone who knows what it takes to compete in English football.

I really don't want us to go down this route but in all honesty I think it's not far off a season of damage control

Just now, McRightSide said:

I have to say that after today I really do thing Sam Allardyce is the only man for the job.

We need someone who can handle big players, we need someone who can handle big expectations, we need someone who knows what it takes to compete in English football.

I really don't want us to go down this route but in all honesty I think it's not far off a season of damage control

Doyen wouldn't have him...he knows too much about 3rd party ownership..............

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We need someone who is going to put the chairman in his box and allow the manager to get on with sorting out the mess from Carlos. Only an old school British manager is up to this in my view- Allardyce, Warnock etc 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Think I saw somewhere that Carlos was on the books of Doyen. Taxi for both I say. :carlos:

I'll call D Cabs. Oh hang on minute......:picnic:

29 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Decided against going today. Don’t think I can bring myself to go on Tuesday 

stupidly bought tickets for next Saturday but may not even bother 

Brum is always a good day out, great city. Pity the football gets in the way 

Edited by Mickjj

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Have you honestly given up the ghost Nige?...Thats worrying..

Can't you just enter the "numb phase" again?

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

Guest Deleted member
18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

fair enough...but thx for the picture of the rocket..................

It was what I posted before Derby away

Just now, Grandad said:

It was what I posted before Derby away

Ahh rightio mate..It wasn't very clear......Emil obviously thought we committed every post to memory...

Sad to see you are seemingly running on empty mate...Had our fair share of spats but always in good humour....

How long do you think this phase you are going through  will last?

ahh never mind..Tell me Tuesday eh? lol

• Haha 1

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Ahh rightio mate..It wasn't very clear......Emil obviously thought we committed every post to memory...

Sad to see you are seemingly running on empty mate...Had our fair share of spats but always in good humour....

How long do you think this phase you are going through  will last?

ahh never mind..Tell me Tuesday eh? lol

something else I thought about, given the reaction to my £20 a game offer.

Ive got to go into work tomorrow for an hour. And I will be putting the season ticket card through the shredder. I really dont think its fair to subject people worse off than me to it all

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

something else I thought about, given the reaction to my £20 a game offer.

Ive got to go into work tomorrow for an hour. And I will be putting the season ticket card through the shredder. I really dont think its fair to subject people worse off than me to it all

You're gonna remember to let go one end of it tho?.....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Must be rubbing off from the club itself. Id go a little bit further though than accusing the club of being negative. How about shambolic.

It wasn't a dig at the fan base, has it may have seemed.

It was more of a dig at the OP, for trying to manipulate and be as harmful as possible with his silly words.

I admit, I'm frustrated as hell, just like anyone, but Chansiri has done nothing but good for us. Our fans never thought we'd see Rhodes in a Wednesday shirt.

Chansiri made that possible. Hasn't clicked as of yet, but when it does, the moaners will still be moaning

F**king Hell...

Honestly this place.. 

They offer a service and you either pay for it or you dont. End of.

To hear grown men act like a girl on her first period because things arent going the way we want it is strangely bizarre and a bit embarrassing.

In 12 months time it will be another cycle and we roll on.

Stop going, stop paying for stuff, and just stop whining. 

It has been soooooo much worse.

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

Posts like this are why I'm glad we have an "Upvote" button. Because that's a phenomenal post, but I sure as sh*t don't like it. 

I fear the future of the club at the moment, I really do.

1 minute ago, benni8 said:

F**king Hell...

Honestly this place.. 

They offer a service and you either pay for it or you dont. End of.

To hear grown men act like a girl on her first period because things arent going the way we want it is strangely bizarre and a bit embarrassing.

In 12 months time it will be another cycle and we roll on.

Stop going, stop paying for stuff, and just stop whining. 

It has been soooooo much worse.

THATS f.ookin' strangely bizarre..........................