:-(

Guest Deleted member

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Steering group - chansiri concerned over online negativity

Owlstalk nothing better to do's - I'll get him good, at the next opportunity

Pathetic 

My view on DC - both in public and private - hasn’t changed in the last two and a bit years. 

Each to their own. 

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Steering group - chansiri concerned over online negativity

Owlstalk nothing better to do's - I'll get him good, at the next opportunity

Pathetic 

People have their own opinions - all down to what they think is important in football. They’re not sheep or clappers or whiners. No need for insults. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I choose not to be a sheep and be told "Chansiri is mugging you off"

I see a wealth of talent in that team, that hasn't clicked yet. It might take George Boyd returning from injury and we'd be in better shape.

Recruitment hasn't work but money has been spent, I don't think he's mugging me off - I'm not joining Nigels army of keyboard warriors 

No one is holding a gun to my head but I do feel my loyalty been exploited with the prices.

Not just ticket prices but all other things at Wednesday always seem to be 20% higher price then other clubs who are not exactly cheap.

37 minutes ago, Coyt said:

During Carlos' first season we didn't spend anything what I would call multi millions, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Forestieri our biggest fee? 3 million? The rest were mostly loans like Lopez, Hooper Hunt and Pudil were originally loans and then Wallace, Bannan etc were free transfers. I wouldn't say any of them had big reputations, infact many had doubts about Bannan originally. We played with an identity and were a joy to watch. 

It has been since that season things have gone pear shaped, we all said what adjustments were needed to improve the team and push on after the Hull game, instead the club went on a disastrous spending spree bringing in players what most fans were saying weren't required or what we needed at that time. We didn't really need Fletcher or Reach or Jones and i don't remember people jumping for joy at these signings.

joao & matias were big ish signings that 1st season .......it's easy to say we didn't need to bring in fletcher but if we hadn't at the start of last season our main target man would have been big dave and much as I like the bloke I think fletch is the better option ......the club must have known that helan was on the verge of leaving so needed a replacement for him so signed reach  ............while I don't think jones is as bad as some say he is i cant come up with an explanation for signing him though .

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

tbf a lot of the unrest could be resolved by getting a new head coach in. 

It wouldn't placate everyone (clearly, there's a lot of other things which have upset supporters), but it may well reinvigorate us on the playing side which is just garbage at the moment (5 wins in 19?)

What happens when the team performs worse with a new head coach, because as it turns out it's a competitive league and other teams didn't get the memo that they were just supposed to let us win every game?

Who becomes your scape goat then?

If Carlos is so out of his depth, how come none of the other shmucks that had the backing of this forum ever managed to make an impact and get the team close to the PL? 

Firing the coach responsible for back-to-back playoff campaigns after a slump of form in the first part of his third season is, and will remain to be, absolute inmates-running-the-asylum level madness.

Edited by Indoor Owl

4 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

What happens when the team performs worse with a new head coach, because as it turns out it's a competitive league and other teams didn't get the memo that they were just supposed to let us win every game?

Who becomes your scape goat then?

If Carlos is so out of his depth, how come none of the other shmucks that had the backing of this forum ever managed to make an impact and get the team close to the PL? 

Firing the coach responsible for back-to-back playoff campaigns after a slump of form in the first part of his third season is, and will remain to be, absolute inmates-running-the-asylum level madness.

Get bored of the argument which goes along the lines of 'You have never managed a football club so how can you have a go at Carlos'

Never been a Prime Minister but still allowed an opinion on what the Goverment is doing.

Things have gone stale I dont think thats an outlandish opinion and need freshing up. Change of manager would be a good way of doing that.

Chelsea and Watford make plenty of managerial changes and still do ok.

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Get bored of the argument which goes along the lines of 'You have never managed a football club so how can you have a go at Carlos'

Never been a Prime Minister but still allowed an opinion on what the Goverment is doing.

Things have gone stale I dont think thats an outlandish opinion and need freshing up. Change of manager would be a good way of doing that.

Chelsea and Watford make plenty of managerial changes and still do ok.

Well be bored all you like, I suppose.  Because I'm afraid if you think there is a great deal of merit to the argument "some supporters are upset at how the club is being run, let's sack the only manager in the last twenty years that had the team competing at the top of the league to freshen things up", we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the best way to set a club up for success.

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Well be bored all you like, I suppose.  Because I'm afraid if you think there is a great deal of merit to the argument "some supporters are upset at how the club is being run, let's sack the only manager in the last twenty years that had the team competing at the top of the league to freshen things up", we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the best way to set a club up for success.

Well letting the supporters select the new signings doesn’t seem the right way to go then. 

lol

6 hours ago, Ronio said:

Which shirt did you get?

I bought the long sleeved one with blue and white stripes.  Really like the retro look, and it's quite nice having one without a sponsor on it.  

Don't tumble dry it though.  :biggrin:

Thats the one ive bought. wore it yesterday , good fit ,good quality ,but ive not weshed it yet lol

• Haha 2

DC seems to have gone from

hero to Bond villain in short time - He's probably not helped himself recently but as ever the reality is usually somewhere in the middle. From reading this thread my opinion is that Owlstalk should dispatch an urgent representative delegation comprising Asteener and Ronseal to have a frank conversation with DC about what really matters - i.e not what we can really bring to complex financial commercial negotiations, but what makes us tick as fans. Someone has said he doesn't care but perhaps he just doesn't quite understand - He doesn't seem to get that sort of input from the steering group which seems to concentrate on all the stuff that people flounce about but misses the essence.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

When you type in 'Deleted member' into the search for authors bar at the top of the forum, you get one account... the OP on here. I'd have expected to see more people that had deleted their account...

... Grandad have you changed your name to username Deleted Member? lol

Hotel California.

• Haha 2

We're all missing the important fact here, that DC was having a smoke outside the ground after the game.  In this day and age, with all the information available about how fuucking stupid smoking is - how can we trust that this guy has any common sense?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

We're all missing the important fact here, that DC was having a smoke outside the ground after the game.  In this day and age, with all the information available about how fuucking stupid smoking is - how can we trust that this guy has any common sense?

I packed up six weeks ago.... I still think smoking is excellent.