:-(

Guest Deleted member

16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Give me an honest answer pal how would the fanbase and especially on here welcomed signing players from the likes of hartlepool and motherwell and mk dons.

I think the players and club would have been ripped to bits it's no good looking at uniteds success our fanbase would be outraged if we wernt signing multi million pound players with reputations

During Carlos' first season we didn't spend anything what I would call multi millions, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Forestieri our biggest fee? 3 million? The rest were mostly loans like Lopez, Hooper Hunt and Pudil were originally loans and then Wallace, Bannan etc were free transfers. I wouldn't say any of them had big reputations, infact many had doubts about Bannan originally. We played with an identity and were a joy to watch. 

It has been since that season things have gone pear shaped, we all said what adjustments were needed to improve the team and push on after the Hull game, instead the club went on a disastrous spending spree bringing in players what most fans were saying weren't required or what we needed at that time. We didn't really need Fletcher or Reach or Jones and i don't remember people jumping for joy at these signings.

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our identity is being stripped away piece by piece and its heartbreaking . The worst example of this is DC getting rid of our stripes. We are Wednesday , not Ipswich . No way was i going to buy the new kit , i refused to buy last seasons ,and i have instead bought a traditional one from Toffs. 

Not a dig mate, but do you think we are any less Sheffield Wednesday than we were 5 years ago co I don’t. 

Same club, same colours, same tradition, same history, same ground. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Like I said - each to their own. 

Ive always questioned his intentions. I welcomed the good players but was always wary of what we were becoming and got slagged off innumerable times for suggesting it. 

Where do we go from here?

It's looking like we're not going up.

We have to service the wage bill from hell for another two years..

Where do we go from here?

The funny thing is that people are criticizing DC for his loyalty to Carlos 

This is what I mean by paranoia.

What if he just happens to believe that Carlos is the man to turn things around?

He might be right, he might be wrong. But it's his decision to make.

Instead we have the notion (now as fact) that Doyen have taken our stripes, our ticket money and our best youth player and thrown them into an evil cauldron aimed at creating a substance so terrible that it prevents Carlos from getting the chop.

3 minutes ago, Coyt said:

During Carlos' first season we didn't spend anything what I would call multi millions, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Forestieri our biggest fee? 3 million? The rest were mostly loans like Lopez, Hooper Hunt and Pudil were originally loans and then Wallace, Bannan etc were free transfers. I wouldn't say any of them had big reputations, infact many had doubts about Bannan originally. We played with an identity and were a joy to watch. 

It has been since that season things have gone pear shaped, we all said what adjustments were needed to improve the team and push on after the Hull game, instead the club went on a disastrous spending spree bringing in players what most fans were saying weren't required or what we needed at that time. We didn't really need Fletcher or Reach or Jones and i don't remember people jumping for joy at these signings.

You failed to mention Rhodes who most on here begged for two years to sign for around 8 million 

45 minutes ago, markowl said:

The realist or big guns.

Although I doubt either would be sad enough to start posting on here again.

Dont know who they are but from wot ive seen er you ..you seem to lurk in the shadows firing off the odd snidey post..not one of the sites better posters..imo

13 hours ago, mkowl said:

Tis interesting Mr Chansiri might legally own the Club, he might have that piece of paper from the EFL, he might own the stadium. The one thing he will never own is the soul.  That is ours the fans. That is what WAWAW actually means. 

Damn right. The club is forever. Please don't bail out.

We could become this city's second club if that happens. Unthinkable, totally unthinkable.

F*#k apathy. If you can, take up your seat on Tuesday and shout all you want. You can't change it from outside.

10 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

Dont know who they are but from wot ive seen er you ..you seem to lurk in the shadows firing off the odd snidey post..not one of the sites better posters..imo

Yeah you used to say that when you were the realist mate.

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The funny thing is that people are criticizing DC for his loyalty to Carlos 

This is what I mean by paranoia.

What if he just happens to believe that Carlos is the man to turn things around?

He might be right, he might be wrong. But it's his decision to make.

Instead we have the notion (now as fact) that Doyen have taken our stripes, our ticket money and our best youth player and thrown them into an evil cauldron aimed at creating a substance so terrible that it prevents Carlos from getting the chop.

I haven’t once slagged him for his loyalty. I haven’t ever posted that CC should be sacked. I’m still on the fence on that - even though I was bored shitless last year Carlos had earned patience. 

Football has ups and downs. I think we’ve blown a couple of great chances of promotion but that happens. There can never be guarantees in football - which is why flying close to FFP is s dangerous game. 

It’s the wider more fundamental issues that have always concerned me - things wrapped up in what I think are the worst aspects of modern football, things that we’re top of the league for. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Wasn’t he simply saying it as he sees it - with a bit of genuine inside info? He’s done plenty over the years for Wednesday and Wednesdayites.

I choose not to be a sheep and be told "Chansiri is mugging you off"

I see a wealth of talent in that team, that hasn't clicked yet. It might take George Boyd returning from injury and we'd be in better shape.

Recruitment hasn't work but money has been spent, I don't think he's mugging me off - I'm not joining Nigels army of keyboard warriors 

5 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Damn right. The club is forever. Please don't bail out.

We could become this city's second club if that happens. Unthinkable, totally unthinkable.

F*#k apathy. If you can, take up your seat on Tuesday and shout all you want. You can't change it from outside.

Unthinkable but getting closer. Our ticket prices aren’t doing us any favours attracting the next generation of fans. Nor is fuckingabout with our traditions. 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

I choose not to be a sheep and be told "Chansiri is mugging you off"

I see a wealth of talent in that team, that hasn't clicked yet. It might take George Boyd returning from injury and we'd be in better shape.

Recruitment hasn't work but money has been spent, I don't think he's mugging me off - I'm not joining Nigels army of keyboard warriors 

Zzzzzzzz