:-(

Guest Deleted member

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I was talking about the offering of new, lucrative contracts to many members of the squad, not just Forestieri. 

Chill the f00k out, you absolute mentalist. 

I am very chilled. It was Vulva that suggested that FF no show is now somehow still havingvan effect - you supported that.

FF absence is having a massive affect, not his antics 14 months ago.

According to some playing Hooper & Fletcher would guarantee success. In reality our only chance of saving our season is for FF to return ASAP.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I can't think of many who thought he was a "cuddly fella". 

My own personal view was we were a bit of a vanity project for a wealthy many, some seem to think he came here to take us up and make loads of money...

If his plan was the latter then I think he may want to rethink his strategy. 

For a while you were pretty sharp coming down on people who dared to doubt him. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

For a while you were pretty sharp coming down on people who dared to doubt him. 

Yeah, I was. 

And let's be fair here, a lot of this is borne out of what's happening on the pitch at the moment. We are failing miserably at the bit which people care most about and as a result, attention is starting to focus more and more on the off-field activities of the club. 

I'm pretty concerned about some of the stuff that came out of this week's Steering group meeting and what Nigel has posted tonight. 

Things are not going well and I'm worried, not going to lie. 

If you want to get all high and mighty (I noted earlier that you seemed to agree with a post that said fans like me are part of the problem/getting what they deserved) then so be it. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I was. 

And let's be fair here, a lot of this is borne out of what's happening on the pitch at the moment. We are failing miserably at the bit which people care most about and as a result, attention is starting to focus more and more on the off-field activities of the club. 

I'm pretty concerned about some of the stuff that came out of this week's Steering group meeting and what Nigel has posted tonight. 

If you want to get all high and mighty (I noted earlier that you seemed to agree with a post that said fans like me are part of the problem/getting what they deserved) then so be it. 

It might be good learning for you.

In the future if people express concerns that you dont yet see or agree with; hold back on the insults. 

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 1

Just now, zzmdu said:

It might be good learning for you.

I'm future if people express concerns that you yet see or agree with; hold back on the insults. 

That's a bit rich coming from you. 

You are quite happy to dish out the insults when someone disagrees with you. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

That's a bit rich coming from you. 

You are quite happy to dish out the insults when someone disagrees with you. 

You post like a teenager sij. 

You need to grow up and recognise when cynicism and sniping against fellow posters is no longer appropriate.

Especially when their anger is legitimate.  .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

You post like a teenager sij. 

You need to grow up and recognise when cynicism and sniping against fellow posters is no longer appropriate.

Especially when their anger is legitimate.  .  

Another one. 

I thought the way you described the attendees of Wednesday's steering group meeting as "spineless" among several other insults to be very grown up. 

39 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Since officials of Wednesday read the site then listen. Our team has now flatlined under him and st holders are now not going. Wake up FFS 

Ive had a ST for over 30 years Tinks ,and i wont be there on Tuesday against Millwall , just cant be arsed to sit in the freezing cold watching the same  sheite ive seen today ,and last week ,and last month. Im beyond apathy now . Id rather sit on here, in the warmth at home and have a laugh . 

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

That is f**king scary. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Another one. 

I thought the way you described the attendees of Wednesday's steering group meeting as "spineless" among several other insults to be very grown up. 

Referring to the ones clapping. 

And I stand by the comment. 

The last thing we need is for Chansiri to be applauded by fans for saying he will never sack a manager regardless of results.  

why are we arguing , whichever side of the fence you sit it seems you are being taken for fools ,whatever is going down at the club affects all , at least this once can't we see what grandad was trying to get across to  us ,more than we know could be happening and it aint looking pretty ,

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I was. 

You still have to have a dig. Let it go.

I don’t want fans “like you” - whatever that means- to get what they deserve because then we all come a cropper.

We’ve all wanted what we think is best for Wednesday. That best varies depending on who we are and what we value about watching and supporting Wednesday. But people - and here I do include you - seemed to take criticism of Chansiri personally. 

My main sarcasm/criticism has always been about what’s happening in and about the club not the fans. People took it as not being loyal to Wednesday. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Chansiri is not, has never been and never will be Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I just point that, despite having stuck up (for lack of a better term) for Chansiri over the last few months, I have never agreed with the club's ticket policy (which I think is an absolute joke) and likewise the absolutely atrocious commercial side of the club. 

I ain't Finlux Cup or whatever his name is (the bloke with Sooty as his avatar). 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I was talking about the offering of new, lucrative contracts to many members of the squad, not just Forestieri. 

Chill the f00k out, you absolute mentalist. 

The last couple of months have been a rather chastening experience for you, that's for sure. As long as you come out of it all a better person I for one will be grateful....oh wait, you've called someone an absolute mentalist TONIGHT. Sad face...

Edited by Almat

1 minute ago, Almat said:

The last couple of months have been a rather chastening experience for you, that's for sure. As long as you come out of it all a better person I for one will be grateful....

If it means ending up more like you then I'll pass.