:-(

Guest Deleted member

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

There are 2 ways out that I can see....

The first is this team somehow galvanises itself and clambers up the table into the play off lottery again- this time finding the winning ticket. Then Chansiri sells us on.

The second is scary as hell (in football terms) and that's that he runs out of cash, we slip into admin and rebuild.

That second option  is the scary one and at my age , not sure will be any use . Just hope that eventually it comes good.

I did work for a company from Taiwan for a while and found the cultural difference impossible to understand. Let alone work with.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

If you've got 400m to show us how it's done, go for it.

Good job that demonstrating how good you are at running a business is based on how much money you put in and how much you put in to support the losses and wasted resources.

Your business must be ace.

You ought to be giving Sir Alan and Sir Richard a ring

Grandads post to be honest has knocked me for six ,and i won't say If true because i know what kind of man he is and it will be as so and i have no doubts about the fact  and it must hurt him so much to have made this decision  ,I don't blame him 1 iota for going to watch his lad and i wish at times i could do the same with mine  ,but that said for him to feel he has had enough of going to games, ,grandad is the salt of the earth and would not take this course of Action lightly i can assure you ,So i believe him 100%, Whether the fella thanks me for this post or not is his choice but i as a friend and fellow supporter am so sad to see him leave to me it is a very sad day today after reading Grandads post

Edited by trevdi9
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He's clearly had/has access to money to get this far.

There are thousands of ways to get your hands on this sort of money. It's all about financing risk. I'm sure his family connections gave him access to a slush fund to get this done. But you need billiins not millions for this game. Banks wont just keep extending credit without collateral so if his guarantors had bailed he's  left swinging.

Edited by jfr142

Never thought I'd feel how I feel about the club right now.

Felt numb and disappointed, yet proud & hopeful for the future, at Wembley after the Hull game.

Cried my eyes out after the Huddersfield penalty shoot out. Angry at a season of could have beens...I cared so much. 

Last night I made the decision that I really couldn't be bothered to go to this game. And sleeping on it hadn't changed my mind. I don't feel an urge, or a need to be there. When my family left today I normally feel a bit of jealousy. But I didn't. I didn't even listen to the game. I checked sporadically at twitter. Reach put us a goal up...I felt apathetic still. I knew what was coming...and it came. And even if we'd won...I don't think my thoughts or feelings would change that much. Because our fortunes won't change much. I know that. We're predictable as a team, and now as a club.

I'm not going on Tuesday because I'm away anyway. And, again, I'm just not bothered

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Never thought I'd feel how I feel about the club right now.

Felt numb and disappointed, yet proud & hopeful for the future, at Wembley after the Hull game.

Cried my eyes out after the Huddersfield penalty shoot out. Angry at a season of could have beens...I cared so much. 

Last night I made the decision that I really couldn't be bothered to go to this game. And sleeping on it hadn't changed my mind. I don't feel an urge, or a need to be there. When my family left today I normally feel a bit of jealousy. But I didn't. I didn't even listen to the game. I checked sporadically at twitter. Reach put us a goal up...I felt apathetic still. I knew what was coming...and it came. And even if we'd won...I don't think my thoughts or feelings would change that much. Because our fortunes won't change much. I know that. We're predictable as a team, and now as a club.

I'm not going on Tuesday because I'm away anyway. And, again, I'm just not bothered

So can I have your place at the steering group then? Got a few things to say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

To be fair your son's game seems a much more enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon...

33 minutes ago, madfan said:

Nigel. That makes me very sad. I see where you are with it and have no answer. How the hell do we get out of this mess which, lets be honest ,no one saw coming in those first few months. It is a very sad situation and 60 years of support is hard to throw away. What a bl--dy mess.

Some people have always been sceptical. Initially not because of Chansiri but because real  “hero” chairmen are few and far between.

The season ticket prices, the prices for the Bristol City game and the ditching of the stripes were clear early signs that this was a guy with no real care for our traditions.

What he did was the footballing equivalent of how Aneurin Bevan dealt with the doctors who opposed the NHS. He stuffed our mouths with gold. That quashed any substantial dissent and anyone who questioned him was jumped on by a variety of posters playing tag team to justify what was happening.

There’s lots bad about modern football and what I always objected to was the fact that we came to exemplify many of them. The behind the scenes stuff sounds just as bad. 

I hope it it turns out OK. The team can rescue the situation but I don’t think they are as good many thought they were. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Fans don't really feel a part of it anymore mate...Its gone beyond that...

Its fair enough trying to tug on the heartstrings and spout "Loyalty"..but the prices and being treated simply as a customer with no say whatsoever have diluted that..

I'm still going, purely out of habit...I still shout them on...purely out of habit...next year?...I probably won't be able to afford the season ticket ive had since god knows when...and that p*sses me off no end....So good riddance eh?....fair enough...

That's football in general though mate. Sky's viewing figures for football went down last year probably for the first time ever. Who knows? Like an Arsenal fan of many years said the other day on the radio. The Emirates is  becoming a tourist attraction.