:-(

Guest Deleted member

34 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Be interesting to see how he responds when the flak inevitably starts to head in his direction. Will he just retreat to Thailand and leave us to rot? Flog the club to some undesirable? 

Honestly? I think this is coming, and faster than we think.

I think he may try to recoup as much cash as possible in January, selling off available assets on the playing side.

I can see him hiding behind his 'honour' being harmed by the 'abuse' he has received and leaving the club in the hands of someone else, with the aim of running at a profit- which is probably only possible on budgets akin to the Milan years, but with Chansiri prices.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Grandads post is the most worrying thing about today imo.

Performances and results will come and go it's what happens when you support a Sheffield Wednesday instead of a Man Utd so people who aren't going anymore on that basis well roger off when we next have some success.

Behind the scenes though sounds chaotic and worrys me an awful lot but difficult to believe with no evidence to support it, Surely somebody is IT savvy enough to create a username which can blog all the goings on behind the scenes as I'd love to no.

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Fair enough

I just think if people feel so profoundly concerned then he needs to hear it.

Its a shame MM is not having a word in his ear. He understood the need to keep fans onside.

The flip side is he’s spent a lot of money. He can do what he likes.

We do have the right to walk away, as painful as that will be. 

Agree with you totally. However my impression is DC is now walking blindfolded down a one way street and ignoring any kind of advice or help from anyone. Albeit he appears to still be listening to Doyen who do not have the clubs interests at heart. The supporters who are the bread and butter of the club are being disregarded which is a crazy thing to do IMO.

Despite what Grandad has said i genuinely believe this all could have been avoided if Chansiri has sacked Carlos weeks ago.

The sourness and the negativity spirals when you ignore the fans. That is what happens when tough decisions are not made.

All this could have been avoided by appointing an exciting new manager.

Worrying stuff.

What I would add is that the sooner details come out, the better - quite a few posters are starting to hint at stuff now.  If we're in for rocky times, then I think its vital the fans know exactly what has been going off.  I know bugger all, but a lot of smoke is starting to billow out now.  Its not hurting the club, its potentially saving it, to share (where you can).  If this stuff doesn't get out, then too many sections of the fanbase will just carry on.  As we've found out under previous regimes.

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

Despite what Grandad has said i genuinely believe this all could have been avoided if Chansiri has sacked Carlos weeks ago.

The sourness and the negativity spirals when you ignore the fans. That is what happens when tough decisions are not made.

Damn right 

Didn't hear anything about this when we were winning. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

Jesus. 

So we’re here again. Hello old friend...disappointment.

I’m fckin fed up of false dawns.

Nigel. That makes me very sad. I see where you are with it and have no answer. How the hell do we get out of this mess which, lets be honest ,no one saw coming in those first few months. It is a very sad situation and 60 years of support is hard to throw away. What a bl--dy mess.

3 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

99% of what Grandad said has nothing to with Carlos- in fact, it has nothing to do with the playing side of the club.

5 hours ago, BULGARIA said:

Funny you should say that... when Barnsley scored i didnt even give it the time of day and carried on doing the dishes.  Ive passed the point of being angry.

Know what you mean. I gave one of those "knew it was going to happen " chuckles and carried on sun bathing. Those screaming " fu*k" days are over. The only thing that makes me cross now are Carlos's post match views. I don't read or listen to them any more because I don't like being taken for a fool. I've written off this season now. Just hope that we don't get sucked into the bottom three.

1 minute ago, madfan said:

Nigel. That makes me very sad. I see where you are with it and have no answer. How the hell do we get out of this mess which, lets be honest ,no one saw coming in those first few months. It is a very sad situation and 60 years of support is hard to throw away. What a bl--dy mess.

There are 2 ways out that I can see....

The first is this team somehow galvanises itself and clambers up the table into the play off lottery again- this time finding the winning ticket. Then Chansiri sells us on.

The second is scary as hell (in football terms) and that's that he runs out of cash, we slip into admin and rebuild.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

There are 2 ways out that I can see....

The first is this team somehow galvanises itself and clambers up the table into the play off lottery again- this time finding the winning ticket. Then Chansiri sells us on.

The second is scary as hell (in football terms) and that's that he runs out of cash, we slip into admin and rebuild.

What about barnsley Chinese billionaire 

3 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Imo If he had sacked him after the Derby (Sheff) then it would have galvanised the whole fanbase. 

All this negativity would have been a positive for the new man.

If the new man had played to the players strengths we would certainly be higher up the table.

What a mess it all is, i honestly think and i hope im wrong that we could be in a relegation battle and we don't have the players to fight out of it and i fear relegation, not a flounce or owt.

I just wish DC would ring Milan up for some advice, there is nobody better than getting advice from a man who has been in the game long before football was invented. And someone so close to this club who knows what Sheffield Wednesday is and who knows us as fans.

I watched a load of Milans you tube videos earlier when he was chairman here, very emotional about a man who knew it all. 

11 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Worrying stuff.

What I would add is that the sooner details come out, the better - quite a few posters are starting to hint at stuff now.  If we're in for rocky times, then I think its vital the fans know exactly what has been going off.  I know bugger all, but a lot of smoke is starting to billow out now.  Its not hurting the club, its potentially saving it, to share (where you can).  If this stuff doesn't get out, then too many sections of the fanbase will just carry on.  As we've found out under previous regimes.

The catch 22 is. Its very hard to criticise a Chairman/investor who has put more money into the club than we ever imagined possible. However it is now becoming apparent all this has been done with very little knowledge of how the game works and with a hell of a lot of naivety. DC is on a learing curve football wise and our club is the puppet thats being used. It may work out, it may not, but i think the vast majority of us at the moment know which way its going.