:-(

Guest Deleted member

Guest Copthorneowl
19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Un. Be. Lievable.

Geoff !!!!!!!

Dont give up on them mate you'll spend most Saturday afternoons and some Tuesday nights looking at your mobile, iPad, telly etc., to see the score. Things are bound to pick up and as for the owner I never give him a second thought during any game.

Notwithstanding all that what are you going to post if you ignore the games - you'll have keyboard warriors telling you that you weren't there so pipe down. 

I for for one would miss your no nonsense no quarter given missives.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Awful awful second half, awful awful result. Only a fluke saved us the embarrassment of losing

If the Chairman really is 100% behind this manager then I'm 100% out. If anybody wants to go and watch that sheeite you can have my season ticket for £20 a game.

I've got far better things to do with my time

Grandad in ripping fans off shocker!

17 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Spot on. Its the way I feel too. The club is being run into the ground. What our chairman does not realise that without the fans there is nothing. The atmosphere today said it all, it was flat. Supporters are slowly beginning to realise what is happening to our beloved club and its not good. Unless the chairman listens to what many fans are saying and does a "u" turn on many poor decisions then for me the writing is on the wall. 

You can email him?

Send grandads message

42 minutes ago, Animis said:

If it goes T1ts up - DC can always replace the fans with a similar mural he's got of himself in the NW corner and pipe some crowd noise and of course clapping through the PA. 

Worked for Arsenal  lol

Image result for arsenal mural highbury

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

You can email him?

Send grandads message

Ok. Grandad can send his own message which no doubt will be more in depth. I will send my own because to be quite honest the more I hear from within the club the more i feel frustrated and infuriated at the stubborness of the powers that be. 

Guest BULGARIA
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I have to say that after today I really do thing Sam Allardyce is the only man for the job.

We need someone who can handle big players, we need someone who can handle big expectations, we need someone who knows what it takes to compete in English football.

I really don't want us to go down this route but in all honesty I think it's not far off a season of damage control

No chance, if Carlos does leave we will be getting another ( most likely foreign ) with connections to Doyen.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Ok. Grandad can send his own message which no doubt will be more in depth. I will send my own because to be quite honest the more I hear from within the club the more i feel frustrated and infuriated at the stubborness of the powers that be. 

Fair enough

I just think if people feel so profoundly concerned then he needs to hear it.

Its a shame MM is not having a word in his ear. He understood the need to keep fans onside.

The flip side is he’s spent a lot of money. He can do what he likes.

We do have the right to walk away, as painful as that will be. 

21 minutes ago, Chardron said:

I agree. Playing a small part in letting the chairman know that the sh*t we're being served up isn't worth my hard earned money.

Good on you, DC doesn't give a flying f*** about us all he wants is our hard earned and if he hadn't sanctioned all that money being spunked on average players we wouldn't be in such a mess.

Looks like it could become a Venkys parallel.

Very sad to read Grandads post in this thread. Not sure what the ITK business is but i can understand him not posting it.

I can only wish that Chansiri comes to his senses because this won't end well if he doesn't.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

@debram

Guest BULGARIA
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I would get rid of Doyen before Carlos...Me reasoning behind this is...We are still doubtful about who picks the players we get...Doyen seem to have an input that is soley of benefit to Doyen...

That maybe the case but its hard to argue that the squad Carlos has, whether he chose it or not, should be doing much much better.