:-(

Guest Deleted member

3 hours ago, Almat said:

This 100%. They have a lot to answer for. I remember when the clappers on here were very much in the majority and posters who dared question Carlos were steamrollered/labelled pigs etc. How the tables have turned and how those posters who expressed concerns regarding Carlos' managerial ability have been vindicated. I just wish they had listened earlier and maybe just maybe our season wouldn't be effectively over now...

To the 3 'neggers', is the truth too unpalatable? I know at least one of you was very pro-Carlos until pretty recently. Then luckily saw the light, even if it was very late...

/clueless/

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

Enjoy your football.

If it goes T1ts up - DC can always replace the fans with a similar mural he's got of himself in the NW corner and pipe some crowd noise and of course clapping through the PA. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

And its not Carlos.

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

Enjoy your football.

Kin hell Grandad., I didn't think I could feel much worse but your post has scared the cr@p out of me................tell me more.........no don't..........oh f***.

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

To the 3 'neggers', is the truth too unpalatable? I know at least one of you was very pro-Carlos until pretty recently. Then luckily saw the light, even if it was very late...

/clueless/

I kinda resent a self-righteous pompous arsehole like you accusing me and others of being part of the reason this club is in a mess. 

I've stumped up thousands to watch my team (the one you allegedly support) and I'm just entitled to my opinion (whether it's ultimately right or not). 

But hey, you get to tell us all that you were "right" whatever that really means in the current situation. 

9 minutes ago, benni8 said:

F**king Hell...

Honestly this place.. 

They offer a service and you either pay for it or you dont. End of.

To hear grown men act like a girl on her first period because things arent going the way we want it is strangely bizarre and a bit embarrassing.

In 12 months time it will be another cycle and we roll on.

Stop going, stop paying for stuff, and just stop whining. 

It has been soooooo much worse.

Now that is downright worrying. And completely out of order. 

What I don't understand is that IF DC is buying the players and not CC, surely he would then make CC play the said players???

DC should have sacked CC last season for either a) wasting loads of money on players and sticking with the same team that lost at wembley or b) not playing the new players chosen and bought by DC. 

what is really worrying is that not only has the football and tactics gradually deteriorated but most of the players also seem to be getting worse

4 hours ago, Almat said:

Apart from pgmetcalf, Big Ron's Sovereign and Finlux_Cup, are there any clappers left? 

Talking of which, where are BRS and FC? They normally aren't exactly short of a few posts on here on an evening??

1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

What I don't understand is that IF DC is buying the players and not CC, surely he would then make CC play the said players???

DC should have sacked CC last season for either a) wasting loads of money on players and sticking with the same team that lost at wembley or b) not playing the new players chosen and bought by DC. 

what is really worrying is that not only has the football and tactics gradually deteriorated but most of the players also seem to be getting worse

This 100%. If DC was so much of a dictator that he personally made all the signings, then surely he makes CC play them? I GENUINELY don't get it at all. 

Guest Deleted member
6 minutes ago, Almat said:

Talking of which, where are BRS and FC? They normally aren't exactly short of a few posts on here on an evening??

They'll be out celebrating a point

35 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And its not Carlos.

Enjoy your football.

There you go people. That's what we're dealing with.

Chansiri is destroying this club from within it seems. I have absolutely no idea what his end game/exit strategy is, but if it involves promotion to the Premier League then he may as well lock the doors now.

38 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And its not Carlos.

Enjoy your football.

That does not make for good reading 

23 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Posts like this are why I'm glad we have an "Upvote" button. Because that's a phenomenal post, but I sure as sh*t don't like it. 

I fear the future of the club at the moment, I really do.

The question is, what can we do about it? Vote with our feet? It’s very painful and frustrating because the last thing we want is for the club to end up in the bobbar. But I’ve seen enough from this owner to know that his ownership is going to be no good for us in the long term.

39 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And its not Carlos.

Enjoy your football.

Spot on. Its the way I feel too. The club is being run into the ground. What our chairman does not realise that without the fans there is nothing. The atmosphere today said it all, it was flat. Supporters are slowly beginning to realise what is happening to our beloved club and its not good. Unless the chairman listens to what many fans are saying and does a "u" turn on many poor decisions then for me the writing is on the wall.