Anathema to the professional moaners.

So basically even though I dipped into my life savings to buy a 3 year season ticket if I think have a valid criticism of how Sheffield Wednesday is being run please keep quiet because it might upset the billionaire in charge.

Also I really find it cringeworthy phrases like 'he is head of the Sheffield Wednesday family'

• Like 1

The guy bought a football club; it's a huge part of an extremely large number of people's lives. He's going to get differing views, he's going to get praise, he's going to get flack.

He didn't seem to mind it when people were blowing smoke up his ar*e so I'm afraid he's going to just have to suck it up when others are having a moan.

Them's the breaks.

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Mr Chansiri is getting an absolute ton of flack on here today and most of it is just too much. Those of you with your Knickers in a twist, saying he's ruining our club, have to realize that it's his club too. Not only does he own the club but I think he's more of a fan than most foreign owners. He has a different background and culture and this won't always gel with our culture.

Of course he and his family reads social media, it's impossible not to these days. But despite the vile abuse they have received, he's still here. Meanwhile, a gent at the steering group is "targeted" by Mr C, for presumably asking whiney questions about trivial issues constantly, throws his dolls out and is gone, instantly becomes the moaners Messiah.

He may not be the perfect fit for Wednesday, who possibly could be, but he's all we've got. He's not immune to criticism and gets passionate at times defending his vision. Good on him, rather that than a corporate automaton.

We're a family, he is the head of our table, there's still all to play for this season and the next and so on. Back him for god's sake. Stand shoulder to shoulder to HELP us realize our dreams.

Alternatively keep moaning and abusing and HINDER our progress. It's not rocket science. Success may take longer than we hope for but that's life.

Go back and read some of what has been written today. Some of it disgusting. It's too much. He'll go and then you'll really have sommat to moan about.

Get back on-board the Wednesday Express or go and sit in the corner rocking.

At times I can be a bit of a c0ck. Especially when I've had a drink. And I have had a drink. And especially when someone tries to act clever. And in employing the term "anathema", you sir, did.

So:
Knickers - superfluous capitalisation.
realize - it is realise FFS.
reads - no such word. I think you mean read.
moaners - to demonstrate plural possession of a term ending in s, form the plural first, then immediately use the apostrophe, i.e. moaners'.
god's - deficient capitalisation.
realize - see above.
sommat - almost a nice use of a colloquialism, but it is summat.

Also:
automaton - admit it, you googled that too.

Apart from that, keep YOUR kickers on sweetheart image.gif.72ee90c2cc51df4406a7d038b36ae1c7.gif

Edited by Owl At Risk

£42 on the KOP vs pigs - that was the cheapest seat in the ground, £49 on the south!! - players were embarrassing. £59 shirt. 3 months late released for a fake discount. Very limited (and overpriced) food on concourses - even taken away the hendos!? £40,000 for a box. 3 year season tickets at ££££'s. Club 1867??? What the hell was that? Nothing in the club shop (besides the record selling, 3 month late, over priced shirt - well done everyone). No stripes on kit anymore. Owl I loved removed from club logo. Overcharged for anniversary dinner. Arranged nothing else for 150th anniversary. Crap watches overselling fiasco. Doyen sports dictating how we're run for their profit. Hirst leaving for nothing. Shambles in the transfer market - ins and outs. Increasingly unpopular manager. Football on offer has become uninteresting and inconsistent at best. Fans fighting with fans - physically and online. Ground so foooked we can only use 75% of it. 

I could go on but I can't be arsed.. but, please tell me, who do we thank for all this? CHEERS DC! Please don't leave!! How can people tell others not to be pissed off!!??

Keep it down, but, I enjoyed it more in league one! 

Neg away boys!!

3 hours ago, prowl said:

With some of the stuff on social media it's difficult to believe these are from Owls fans. When we were skint and rubbish we were more together than we seem to be now. Even good teams have bad seasons, if this is going to be bad for us then we need to suck it up and go again next year.

I know there are things we would like to be changed but the vitriol around some of these issues is over the top.

Maybe we need to go back to the bankruptcy court to remind people what this club means to us. I hope not.

I accept that some of those with the most outspoken positions want the best for us but it would surely be better to make the points with less venom. We all want the same thing in the end.

That’s it tho we were skint and rubbish we all knew it back then...

Now we’re rich and quality.... just vastly under achieving and is fans are being ripped off to be a part of it the abuse is not a new thing it’s just easier to mask and take when we’re winning.

There is a lot of hyperbole coming from posters defending DC and CC as well. I'm struggling to find a barrage of disgusting abuse, vitriol, bile etc aimed DC on this site. It will always exist on twitter which is alive with trolls but on here, generally, all I see is people highlighting concerns of which there are many, many of which have existed for too long.

All this stand in line shoulder to shoulder and get behind the team is admirable but quite frankly I'm not seeing an awful lot of the team fighting for us and hate the fact some seem to suggest we are in a rut because of negative fans. I hear words and see no action. The negativity isn't on a whim, there is a cause..

I don't agree with the way the club is being run but that doesn't automatically make me ungrateful as a fan for what DC is trying to achieve with all his millions.

I simply think there's an easier way and find it astonishing that the minutes highlight many superficial aspects of the club like bright advertising boards, in house catering, failed initiatives like 1867 that would never have a huge impact on the bottom line, capacity and a £2 discount on an overpriced bit of kit for example.

Last night sounds similar to watching most of our matches, it was dull, uneventful, none of the concerns many have were addressed and people left none the wiser and as a result are negative about it all, go figure.

59 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

At times I can be a bit of a c0ck. Especially when I've had a drink. And I have had a drink. And especially when someone tries to act clever. And in employing the term "anathema", you sir, did.

So:
moaners - to demonstrate plural possession of a term ending in s, form the plural first, then immediately use the apostrophe, i.e. moaners'.
realize - see above.

Also:

Apart from that, keep YOUR kickers on sweetheart image.gif.72ee90c2cc51df4406a7d038b36ae1c7.gif

Knickers not kickers, unless you’re referring to his footwear. If so, deficient capitalisation as Kickers is a brand name. lol

Guest Deleted member

I think the steering group is clearly attracting the wrong type of fans. Maybe they should change the name to 'Clappers Group' and then they can avoid any kind of feedback the Chairman may perceive is negative?

11 hours ago, Sonny said:

Some people are proper loving the chance to stick the boot in. Not everyone, obviously, there’s a lot that isn’t right but some people just love it. 

Too right ..... just look at the list of 'usual suspects ' who've down voted the OP !

9 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

So:
realize - see above.

Also:

No such word as 'reads'? 

You might want to rethink that one buddy!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Yes I do. Saying that questions have been tweeted in then choosing the negative ones that suit his agenda. I'd say that's hiding. It's an opinion, on a forum.

This is like a bad deja vu. Tell me we are not going back to wild accusations about agendas!!

Guest addedtime
12 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

But despite the vile abuse they have received, he's still here.

What do you expect? A quick full refund, then walk away?