Sheffield Wednesday Steering Meeting - The Minutes

14 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I have it on very good authority that the wage of Jordan Rhodes is £62,500 per week believe it or not.

I'd take that for 20 minutes work a week. And not even good work, he's not exactly following his job description and meeting performance targets like we all have to.

7 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

Or beach towels and pencil cases..the shop income wont make a dent in our outgoings..no wonder the club dont care about it

I agree that the club shop probably doesn't contribute that much to the overall income of the club.

But the image it gives off of a club that is not bothered sets the wrong example.

39 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Just a few pedantic points.  The VAT on a transfer would be claimed back so would only be a cash flow issue until one month after the VAT return went in.

I have it on very good authority that the wage of Jordan Rhodes is £62,500 per week believe it or not.

No problem , was merely highlighting some of the possible outgoings re: a transfer that people might forget about.

62,500 sounds a lot. 

But....its certainly no stretch to think it possible.

Crazy. But possible. 

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

@gypsyowl absolutely spot on post. Brilliant.

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

10 managers?.......crikey.

p.s.....Great post earlier, gypsyowl.....you're not alone in thinking what you do(apart from the arry bit, obviously)

thank you chaps

I was just angry typing I didn't think many would read 

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

great post. I would also add that seemed less negativity amongst the fans then than now, even when were really crap.

thank you

yes I agree, I never thought pre-chansiri how effective pressure & expectation is when you've spent a lot of money

2 hours ago, dan1980 said:

2 or 3 quality players and still have 10 mil left wat plant you on

Mate you don't have to spend a fortune to find good player you just don't buy them all from Watford and Burnley like we do.

We need a winger Ben Marshall is available to loan from Wolves as he is currently not getting a look in because of their foreign recruits. So he's on £15 - 20,000 a week from January that £0.5m for the season with maybe the same in loan fee, we need a decent left back we either again look at the loan route or sign a decent championship standard player such as Luke Garbutt, Joe Bryan even Joe Baker we had now at Cardiff would be an improvement on Pudil and Fox.

We don't have to spend £5m on a left back to improve the team for me Gunter at Reading would be a massive improvement on what we have at Right back and he would be £2.5 - £3m

Hence the cash left over of £5 - £10m. We are buying players from the premiership and paying silly prices.

Rhodes should have been no more than £6m instead of the £8-10m + 40k a week we paid, Reach £2.5m max instead of the £5m we paid. Having a qualified director of football who knows what he is doing and not just an agent trying to make as much as possible for himself would be saving us millions.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think the accounts for y/e June 2017 will open the eyes of a lot of fans.

Forestieri

Hooper

Fletcher

Rhodes

Winnall

Joao

Nuhiu

Just think about the above.  Now these are complete guesses but if I was to say:-

Forestieri £35K (signed new contract after we reject large bid for him - apparently not happy that so many players earned more than him - cant be far off)

Hooper £34K (widely reported)

Fletcher £30K

Rhodes £62.5K

Winnall £17K (widely reported)

Joao £12K (total guess)

Nuhiu £10K (total guess)

£200K per week on strikers = £10m per year

Even if people think I have over egged it, surely they don't think by much.

Does anybody think another Championship club will be spending anywhere near this on strikers alone?  And some of them have parachute payments

We over pay on the fee they give Premiership wages, how we don't have a qualified director of football with English experience is beyond me. By the time DC wakes up and employs staff who know what they are doing we will be in administration and in the league below and struggling like Blackburn and Coventry find themselves.

20 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Rhodes on 62k a week?

Not a chance.

You'd laugh if I told you that David Jones was paid more than anyone of them.

I wouldn't

We activated a release clause in his contract for him to leave Burnley. They wouldn't have put a transfer fee clause of a couple of million in his contract and there wouldn't be a release clause for going to a Championship club in there, so the only logical conclusion is that we matched a wages clause of some description. I'm struggling to think of any other type of clause we could have hit that would have resulted in a move 

Edited by StudentOwl

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I wouldn't

We activated a release clause in his contract for him to leave Burnley. They wouldn't have put a transfer fee clause of a couple of million in his contract and there wouldn't be a release clause for going to a Championship club in there, so the only logical conclusion is that we matched a wages clause of some description. I'm struggling to think of any other type of clause we could have hit that would have resulted in a move 

It's barmy.

He wouldn't even get in the team if Hutchinson was fit.

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Mate you don't have to spend a fortune to find good player you just don't buy them all from Watford and Burnley like we do.

We need a winger Ben Marshall is available to loan from Wolves as he is currently not getting a look in because of their foreign recruits. So he's on £15 - 20,000 a week from January that £0.5m for the season with maybe the same in loan fee, we need a decent left back we either again look at the loan route or sign a decent championship standard player such as Luke Garbutt, Joe Bryan even Joe Baker we had now at Cardiff would be an improvement on Pudil and Fox.

We don't have to spend £5m on a left back to improve the team for me Gunter at Reading would be a massive improvement on what we have at Right back and he would be £2.5 - £3m

Hence the cash left over of £5 - £10m. We are buying players from the premiership and paying silly prices.

Rhodes should have been no more than £6m instead of the £8-10m + 40k a week we paid, Reach £2.5m max instead of the £5m we paid. Having a qualified director of football who knows what he is doing and not just an agent trying to make as much as possible for himself would be saving us millions.

Stick to football manager mate

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who are these scouts?

I'm old fashioned id like Carlos to have his own scout.  A man who's judgement he trusted on players as much as his own.  

Or for him to hand over lists of names rather than positions. 

On this score,  I do have some genuine sympathy with Carlos.

Which we all long suspected. Though it is and always will be a barmy avenue to go down.

Never any need for some of the awful abuse that goes on. 

Though again, why high profile people put themselves out there so the online snipers can take aim with their bile filled arsenals I've never quote understood. 

Wed not be the first or the last. Genuinely,  this wouldn't bother me. Because spiritually it will always be Hillsborough. I'll always call it Hillsborough.  If it helps us in the long run then ..ok

Always was going to be some issues in making a break from the conventional way of doing things. Long term I think it's a good idea. This season has been a bit of a balls up, but having more control,  to me, is a food thing overall. 

Hmmmm. 

Convinced we've seen the back of them. But we'll see what the future holds.

Good. 

Best way to build a profile is to have a set identity and of course be in the top flight. Which is easier said than done.

Good. Get them hooked. But let's make sure when they're older they can afford to carry on the love affair. 

Delegation is key.  It's making sure those managers know what they are doing that is the important thing.

Could learn loads looking at the orange faced tupee wearing D. Trump, mummy and daddy set him up with a load of cash to go make a fortune in business. He tried the same approach, it all whent Pete tong, so the second time round he got the RIGHT people in the right jobs and delegated and made truck loads of cash. Theres an old saying in business too it's not what you know it's WHO you know.

A few points, first it's a shame that somebody that attended and did petty comprehensive write ups feels scapegoated and therefore won't attend again. Hopefully there'll be a rethink on conversations that were aimed in that direction last night and apology offered.

On the backing of Carlos, my own view is DC will continue to back him as deep down he knows the job is more difficult than some see it. The reason I say that is the conversation around recruitment, it is absolutely ridiculous for a coach or manager to only be able to state what position he needs and then have a choice of player, he should be highlighting attributes & personalities for said position at the very least. Signing back up players is OK if you can rely on players to be reasonably reliable where injuries are concerned, especially through the core of a team.

Signing of players fans want, hopefully a lesson learnt although i'm not sure as we didn't learn from McGugan, best thing to do is check with me  as I called them both as bad signings :)

The abuse online to players and families of those at the club is shocking and must stop. 

Finally in regards to the roles of managers that report to DC, who are they all? We need to be more transparent when it come to the structure of the football club

I'm done, 3 points Saturday will go some way to addressing some of the issues our fan base have

Edited by Ash76

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

A few points, first it's a shame that somebody that attended and did petty comprehensive write ups feels scapegoated and therefore won't attend again. Hopefully there'll be a rethink on conversations that were aimed in that direction last night and apology offered.

What’s worrying is they trawled through his Twitter account and used throwaway jokes against him. 

6 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think the accounts for y/e June 2017 will open the eyes of a lot of fans.

Forestieri

Hooper

Fletcher

Rhodes

Winnall

Joao

Nuhiu

Just think about the above.  Now these are complete guesses but if I was to say:-

Forestieri £35K (signed new contract after we reject large bid for him - apparently not happy that so many players earned more than him - cant be far off)

Hooper £34K (widely reported)

Fletcher £30K

Rhodes £62.5K

Winnall £17K (widely reported)

Joao £12K (total guess)

Nuhiu £10K (total guess)

£200K per week on strikers = £10m per year

Even if people think I have over egged it, surely they don't think by much.

Does anybody think another Championship club will be spending anywhere near this on strikers alone?  And some of them have parachute payments

Villa 

Having read the minutes thoroughly and understood that D C had been persuaded to by Rhodes because the fans wanted it, proves three things to me. Firstly he is very naive, secondly he is badly advised on footballing matters and lastly he had/has a proper plan and financial forecasts to work to.

The same applies to the shirt fiasco.

The question of Doyen is an important element of our understanding of how the club is being run. If they have given loans to us, in order to sell their players, in my book, that is totally unethical.

6 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

On the backing of Carlos, my own view is DC will continue to back him as deep down he knows the job is more difficult than some see it. The reason I say that is the conversation around recruitment, it is absolutely ridiculous for a coach or manager to only be able to state what position he needs and then have a choice of player, he should be highlighting attributes & personalities for said position at the very least. Signing back up players is OK if you can rely on players to be reasonably reliable where injuries are concerned, especially through the core of a team.

Signing of players fans want, hopefully a lesson learnt although i'm not sure as we didn't learn from McGugan, best thing to do is check with me  as I called them both as bad signings :)

The abuse online to players and families of those at the club is shocking and must stop. 

Finally in regards to the roles of managers that report to DC, who are they all? We need to be more transparent when it come to the structure of the football club

I'm done, 3 points Saturday will go some way to addressing some of the issues our fan base have

I find myself agreeing with 98% of that. I’m off to bed lol