Sheffield Wednesday Steering Meeting - The Minutes

24 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So it was the fans' fault lol

Of course not. If there was the slightest truth in the suggestion that the club bought a specific player because of fan demand it would be rank bad management.

6 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Thats because everyone else who goes to the meetings sits there and claps. 

The fans applauded when Chansiri said he was behind CC 100%.

For the most the wrong people are attending these meetings. It's not critical fans who can take the blue and white specs off. It's fans who love the club and can see it doing no wrong.

A bit like your gullible mate who's lass is shagging everyone. Deep down they know it but just keep plodding a long smiling because they are scared of change. 

To be fair, it's open to all fans to request to attend.

11 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

We didn't need Rhodes
Before he'd even kicked the ball I was saying it was a colossal waste of money considering what we already had at the club

Why no one at the club could see that and or/did chose to ignore it because of a fan want beggars belief

This it just one of the worries amongst the many that fans and probably people from a wider circle have ..and when you read some of the other answers given to the questions you start facepalming yourself because it happens on more than one occasion ..

to base some of your transfer dealings on what the fans want is naive, embarrassing, and to be quite frank i think its a massive kop out as well. Blame the fans instead of CC when signing turns out to be a dud - I don't think CC wanted to bring LM or JR into the team at all. Its no surprise that he publically outed JR for not wanting to take a penalty and the treatment of LM (for which we don't even know why he wasn't selected) was shocking thus letting them sit on the bench or rot in the reserves.

I'm concerned that Malcolm is getting a boat load of shitze for just relaying fans questions and some of the answers given are again pure lip service ...I don't buy all this, its all a "learning curve", "learn from our mistakes" excuses. They've ballsed up pure and simple. A monumental flip up in various areas.

And they apparently listen to the fans with regards transfers, why not listen to the fans then in relation to the kit, stripes, painting the stadium, bringing our commercial department into the 21st century, generating revenue with some brilliant ideas and other stuff etc ..

some of it reeks .. it really does ...

I just feel pretty deflated by it all if I’m being honest, especially the fact that Chansiri seems to be happy with what he’s seeing on the pitch.

I’ll carry on going to games and supporting the players from the off but the thought of a continuation of the mind nimbingly boring football that we are currently being “treated” to leaves me feeling all very “meh” about the club at present.

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Ah my mistake, from what I've read on here they seem to be fans that are cherry picked. Not just anyone can rock up?

Initially it was 15 season ticket holders who were asked to volunteer, then it was expanded to 30 people made up by non ST holders, some meetings an invitee has been able to bring someone of their choice along.

Bit disappointed in the club's approach to the SG meetings regarding recording what is said.

Also disappointed that DC thinks the 150th celebrations are going well (although I suspect he wouldn't want to admit any mistakes on that one).

Fairly disappointed that we have no answers regarding Doyen, and especially Hirst.

Very disappointed that another 3 year ST deal doesn't look like it'll be on the table.

So overall.....pretty disappointing.

Otherwise thanks to Malcolm for taking the time to put our questions across and reporting back and I really hope that we can offset the above by improving hugely on the field, because that's what it's going to take.

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Of course not. If there was the slightest truth in the suggestion that the club bought a specific player because of fan demand it would be rank bad management.

I think this would have even more resonance if Johnathon Ross read it out....

• Haha 4