Jump to content
Whitechapel Owl

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Meeting - The Minutes

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

A few points, first it's a shame that somebody that attended and did petty comprehensive write ups feels scapegoated and therefore won't attend again. Hopefully there'll be a rethink on conversations that were aimed in that direction last night and apology offered.

 

On the backing of Carlos, my own view is DC will continue to back him as deep down he knows the job is more difficult than some see it. The reason I say that is the conversation around recruitment, it is absolutely ridiculous for a coach or manager to only be able to state what position he needs and then have a choice of player, he should be highlighting attributes & personalities for said position at the very least. Signing back up players is OK if you can rely on players to be reasonably reliable where injuries are concerned, especially through the core of a team.

 

Signing of players fans want, hopefully a lesson learnt although i'm not sure as we didn't learn from McGugan, best thing to do is check with me  as I called them both as bad signings :)

 

The abuse online to players and families of those at the club is shocking and must stop. 

 

Finally in regards to the roles of managers that report to DC, who are they all? We need to be more transparent when it come to the structure of the football club

 

I'm done, 3 points Saturday will go some way to addressing some of the issues our fan base have

I know we Don't always agree but on the online abuse you are totally right.

 

Should leave the abuse between fans on forums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

DC confirmed that he is 100% behind Carlos and the length of his contract is not important

 

he also confirmed that Carlos goes to the board recommending which positions he wants to improve and then the agency/scouts go looking

for players that fit that position to recommend to him with

 

8/9 clubs enjoying parachute payments it is difficult to compete in the transfer market so first choices are not always within our reach

 

DC realises fans expectations have risen over the past 2 years and still believes we have the squad to push for promotion this season DC said hey had on a couple of occasions taken note of fans desires to signed certain players

 

The club confirmed that as this is an informal meeting it will not be reporting back to the fans what has been discusses that is down to us attending the meeting to feed back to the fans

 

DC takes full responsibility for the club both on and off the field he again raised the issue of social abuse both to his family and to the players on Twitter and Facebook if the fans have something to say about the club they should email him direct and he will answer all points raised

 

he has received over 400 emails regarding the “Ask the Chairman” and he hopes to have responded to everyone by the end of October beginning of November

 

vif he doesn’t respond to your email please send it again so he can address your points

 

DC wishes to apologise to fans who cannot afford a ST or a match day ticket but he says needs must with regards to generating revenues to help contribute towards keeping within the FFP rules

 

he believes in his pricing policy and confirmed that if we want to continue attracting better players and not go backwards he has to raise as much as he can in areas of tickets sales and the retail

 

his idea regarding 1867 Membership has not taken off so he is looking for other ways of generating income

 

he hasn’t ruled out naming rights for the stadium

 

The launch of the 150 year third kit will hopefully take place in November

 

the delay in the home/away kits was explained in more detail stocks of the home kit did arrive in September however the club felt that the numbers delivered would have meant a potential sell out within days so held these back until further deliveries arrived

 

it is the same situation with the away kit once further stocks have been delivered these will go on sale

 

the infant and Juniors only have shirts available currently as insufficient stocks were delivered to put out the full kits the shorts and socks will be available at a later date

 

the infant kits do not have embroidered badges and logos as they believed this would cause irritation to those wearing them

 

the club confirmed that they are to continue dealing directly with the manufacturer and plans are already in place regarding next season’s kits

 

it was confirmed that the quality will be even better next season than this and they had learnt a lot of lessons from this season’s issues

 

DC said that returning to a striped home shirt wasn’t out of the question but wouldn’t be drawn into whether that was going to be a possibility

 

the club are to use a different manufacturer for next season’s kit and we were given the impression companies like Nike and Adidas use the same company

 

DC confirmed that we hold these meetings because the club wants to engage with the fans for us to share opinions in return the club will try to do as much as possible to action points raised but admitted they can’t do everything

 

two major concerns raised from fans have been addressed one being the catering which to a significant cost to the club they ended the contract with the supplier and have gone in house

 

they asked the fans to be patient while they got things right and are aware of many teething issues however things are improving and sales are up and the club will continue to look at ways of improving the service

 

extra kiosks are being looked at for both the kop and the North however space is very limited on the North and the club are looking at the spiral stairs area for a possible location the second area

 

the club has responded to following fans comments was the removal of Sondico as the shirt supplier the decision to go in-house allowed the club to better dictate the quality improve the delivery times and to not have to pay a third party so retaining more profit to the club

 

the club believe that the 150 year celebrations are going well so far and that there is more activities to come however they didn’t disclose what these were going to be

 

plans are still in progress with regards to the shop the question was asked as to way when the ticket sections was busy why the retail side couldn’t help to reduce the queues both sides work from different systems so they are unable currently to help out during the busy periods

 

the club are aware that the prints had players names in the wrong order and this is being addressed I apologise at this present time as I don’t know if those who have already bought one can take them back and get a replacement

 

the topic of fans behaviour at home and away games was raised following the incidents at Derby on Saturday

 

there is a text number in the programme for you to use immediately if you see anything of that nature when we are at at Home game the club will then monitor CCTV and act with immediate effect

 

a number of fans complained about the brightness of the advertising boards at the last home game and this will be addressed at the next home game

 

Access from the 1867 lounge direct to the South Stand has been looked at and a turnstile would need to be fitted to the entrance/exit door to allow this to happen no action is planned at this moment in time

 

the club are looking at ways to raise our profile globally but until we reach the PL this is difficult the club are looking at an International Facebook page and are looking to establish links with Universities in the Far East to raise it

 

on the club website is a “Community” section that talks about all of the things the club are doing in both the UK and abroad

 

Stadium Development didn’t get it usual long discussion Capacity for this season currently sits at 34,234 with talks on going with SAG to get this increased

 

the on going comments about the Presto sign still being visible on the West Stand was raised and the club are looking into repainting the roof however due to scaffolding issues this can only be done ore season

 

other discussion points included ifollow where the club are continually working to improve the service season ticket sales this season were close to 21,000

 

the three year season ticket of two seasons ago at this moment in time isn’t planned to be made available again

 

Between 200 and 300 tickets are given away to schools for every home game to attract the youngsters to S6 and a junior season ticket holder is chosen each game to be a mascot

 

With regards to decision making at the club DC confirmed that it has 10 Managers all given the authority to make key decisions within the club and that he does hand control to them

 

for personal reasons this will be the last meeting I will be attending I hope someone from the group takes over the baton and feeds back to you all of the items discussed at the meeting

 

Thanks for the feedback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rickygoo said:

We’d have liked Messi too and George Hirst. Do we actually believe it? That’s football club bases its recruitment policy on a fans forum. 

 

There’s another one here @pgmetcalf

 

lol

 

I wanted Messi as a priority too.

If the club are putting some of the signings at the door of the supporters then regardless of how successful they have been, surely we should be getting some sort of finders fee for sourcing these signings like the previous transfer committee and linked agencies have received for their contributions?! :carlos: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

I wanted Messi as a priority too.

If the club are putting some of the signings at the door of the supporters then regardless of how successful they have been, surely we should be getting some sort of finders fee for sourcing these signings like the previous transfer committee and linked agencies have received for their contributions?! :carlos: 

As long as there’s no penalty clause if they turn out to be S#ite. We’d be in r8 financial bother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Having read the minutes thoroughly and understood that D C had been persuaded to by Rhodes because the fans wanted it, proves three things to me. Firstly he is very naive, secondly he is badly advised on footballing matters and lastly he had/has a proper plan and financial forecasts to work to.

The same applies to the shirt fiasco.

The question of Doyen is an important element of our understanding of how the club is being run. If they have given loans to us, in order to sell their players, in my book, that is totally unethical.

 

At best , its a massive conflict of interests 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

As long as there’s no penalty clause if they turn out to be S#ite. We’d be in r8 financial bother. 

 

If that was the case then Wednesday would not have anything to worry about for a long time in terms of FFP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Stick to football manager mate

Alternatively if we recruited based on what we needed not what was available from Watford and Burnley and Portugal. We might have a bit less than some of the dross we have and a lot more money.

 

Not football manager it is called running a football club properly.

 

See Huddersfield Town, Bournemouth, Burnley as example of where running the club and recruiting the correct players has aided the team. Buying players who if needed can be sold at profit.

 

You don't waste money on over priced or out of form players unless of course you are us, our recruitment since Roeder left has been embarrassing, give the tea lady the job she really could not do any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Villa 

 

They are the only ones that could be.

 

McCormack will be on similar as Rhodes.

 

But bearing in mind where Hogan and Kodjia came from, and therefore what they will have been on, I can't see them being on more than Hooper, FF or Fletcher.

 

Then you have Agbonlahor on a new contract that again surely won't be massive now he's a bit part player.

 

i still reckon, due to our sheer numbers, we may be paying more.

 

Scary stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

A few points, first it's a shame that somebody that attended and did petty comprehensive write ups feels scapegoated and therefore won't attend again. Hopefully there'll be a rethink on conversations that were aimed in that direction last night and apology offered.

 

On the backing of Carlos, my own view is DC will continue to back him as deep down he knows the job is more difficult than some see it. The reason I say that is the conversation around recruitment, it is absolutely ridiculous for a coach or manager to only be able to state what position he needs and then have a choice of player, he should be highlighting attributes & personalities for said position at the very least. Signing back up players is OK if you can rely on players to be reasonably reliable where injuries are concerned, especially through the core of a team.

 

Signing of players fans want, hopefully a lesson learnt although i'm not sure as we didn't learn from McGugan, best thing to do is check with me  as I called them both as bad signings :)

 

The abuse online to players and families of those at the club is shocking and must stop. 

 

Finally in regards to the roles of managers that report to DC, who are they all? We need to be more transparent when it come to the structure of the football club

 

I'm done, 3 points Saturday will go some way to addressing some of the issues our fan base have

When I find myself agreeing to a post from Ash it's time to get some wine.

 

Well said.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

A few points, first it's a shame that somebody that attended and did petty comprehensive write ups feels scapegoated and therefore won't attend again. Hopefully there'll be a rethink on conversations that were aimed in that direction last night and apology offered.

 

On the backing of Carlos, my own view is DC will continue to back him as deep down he knows the job is more difficult than some see it. The reason I say that is the conversation around recruitment, it is absolutely ridiculous for a coach or manager to only be able to state what position he needs and then have a choice of player, he should be highlighting attributes & personalities for said position at the very least. Signing back up players is OK if you can rely on players to be reasonably reliable where injuries are concerned, especially through the core of a team.

 

Signing of players fans want, hopefully a lesson learnt although i'm not sure as we didn't learn from McGugan, best thing to do is check with me  as I called them both as bad signings :)

 

The abuse online to players and families of those at the club is shocking and must stop. 

 

Finally in regards to the roles of managers that report to DC, who are they all? We need to be more transparent when it come to the structure of the football club

 

I'm done, 3 points Saturday will go some way to addressing some of the issues our fan base have

ash run malware and then restart your computer mate :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Deleted member

I agreed with Ash too.

 

Every word.

 

 

 

Welcome to the dark side Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×