Good news tomorrow night

Guest Deleted member

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What would you ask tonight @jordyowl ?

oh god where to start. 

How can the prices of shirts and a lot of other merchandisee be justified, 1 in comparison to other clubs, even without the late arrival its expensive. Then take into account Sheffield is in the to 40 for risk of poverty in the country. This then goes back to the prices for tickets and the target set for 1867 club (20,000 wasn't it?) and how he expects that many people to pay for it. 

How on earth can the club be managed in such a poor way for shirtgate to even be an issue, its not even amateurish.

What happened to the committee and who on earth is offering advice now.

Do we have an affiliation with Doyen Sports if so how does it work?

Can a mid-table club justify charging the most for tickets etc.

DC wanted promotion in 2 years ready for the 150th year... why is Carlos allowed to carry on failing?

just to start i could go on and on

Just now, jordyowl said:

oh god where to start. 

How can the prices of shirts and a lot of other merchandisee be justified, 1 in comparison to other clubs, even without the late arrival its expensive. Then take into account Sheffield is in the to 40 for risk of poverty in the country. This then goes back to the prices for tickets and the target set for 1867 club (20,000 wasn't it?) and how he expects that many people to pay for it. 

How on earth can the club be managed in such a poor way for shirtgate to even be an issue, its not even amateurish.

What happened to the committee and who on earth is offering advice now.

Do we have an affiliation with Doyen Sports if so how does it work?

Can a mid-table club justify charging the most for tickets etc.

DC wanted promotion in 2 years ready for the 150th year... why is Carlos allowed to carry on failing?

just to start i could go on and on

You should go mate

Seriously

If you can tolerate those meetings and can stay awake long enough to ask your questions it sounds like you'd have a ball

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

He's going to finally admit that he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club and is going to let the people who do have a proper crack at it rather than insist on interfering and having the final say on everything.

Accept the sentiment, but would them concern me it would become an investment rather than his passion.

If I ask myself the question, if I had his money and bought the club, would I want to be hands on too....yes I would.

Agree mistakes have been made, disagree with him retaining CC, but do believe he does most things in the best interest of the club,  for the right reasons. Just needs some better advice, or listen to the advice he may have been given by some of those who know the English game and have passed through he club.

Edited by striker

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

It always has been. 

They are stipulated by the football league. 

I don't think we are any different to any other club in respect of the fact that it's a select few who get to attend. 

These were put in place before they were stipulated by the EFL and fans were invited to nominate themselves to be on it. All above board.

40 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

He's going to finally admit that he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club and is going to let the people who do have a proper crack at it rather than insist on interfering and having the final say on everything.

It's going to be a Big Brother style plot twist.

DC has had enough of being told he can't run the club properly, so he's handing over the responsibility to everybody present at the Steering Group. You have 30 days to turn everything around, or yer barred.

14 hours ago, Grandad said:

My prediction is announcing a return to stripes next season.

What do you guys think it might be?

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. 

The best marketing ploy to maximize sales of this years kit, is to announce that we are forever returning to blue and white stripes next season.

It would increase sales for two reasons:

1: Saddos like me who refuse to buy anything SWFC, until we return, would backtrack on this

(I would buy my kids the all blue kit tomorrow if this was announced)

2:People would buy it for the novelty knowing its a 1 off.

Edited by zzmdu

14 hours ago, Grandad said:

Twitter updates for the masses every 5 minutes

We aren't supposed to do social media but I'm going to sneak news out

Could you paste on to a separate owls talk thread please? Makes a good read for my dinner and when I mean read I mean a good laugh 

Guest Deleted member
2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

:tango:

grown man obsessed about a kit, so you’re not interested about the chairman’s continued financial commitment to the club and it’s future security?   A flamin kit will have you doing cartwheels??   Each to his own I suppose!!

Do you want an ice cream?

blwkss.gif

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

How long have you worked at the club at boardroom level?

I don't think you have to have worked at boardroom level of a football club to know its being badly run.

Like I have said before I have never sat in cabinet or been leader of any Government but I know Theresa May is making a balls up of it at the moment.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think you have to have worked at boardroom level of a football club to know its being badly run.

Like I have said before I have never sat in cabinet or been leader of any Government but In my opinion Theresa May is making a balls up of it at the moment.

fixed it for you

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

Steering group tomorrow night. Couldn't have been held at a worse time

Unless

Mr Chansiri has proven he's extremely good at manipulating people's views, coming out on top like he did after the launch of Club 1867, and holding the q&a etc

Which makes me think that tomorrow there will be some serious good news to head off the bad vibes.

My prediction is announcing a return to stripes next season.

What do you guys think it might be?

Its to announce the third run of `limited` edition watches, these lose 5 seconds per hour, and the strap is plastic.

Retail at £150 :picnic:

Guest Kameron
13 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I don’t know much about these meeting things

whag sort of things are discussed?

is it just off field issues or will they discuss on field issues? 

This isnt a dig at management btw

some of the Items I expect to be included in discussions.

Can some weeding be undertaken and trees trimmed behind the kop

The door handle on the mens sh itters opposite gangway c on the north stand has been loose for 3 years, is there any chance  we can get someone in to tighten it up.

Quality of pies and overall catering services, it's absolutely disgusting in  2017 you can't get a 5 course diner from the kiosk.

Is Carlos happy with the current shade of green the pitch is, when the sun shines at the wrong angle it can be very glary, is there anyway of having it toned down.

How long does it take to DC to get from his  home in Thailand to Hillsborough, true fan Bob has a 5 day round trip to get to home games and was intrigued to compare journeys with the chairman. 

After a couple of pints, pie and peas everyone fcuks off home happy as Larry.