Must win game Saturday from a Happy Clapper

I hate the phrase 'happy clapper' but if there are a theoretical two sides, I guess I'd be one of those. We absolutely must win the Dingles, who are probably salivating at the chance to play us now because of our apparent current turmoil. To be fair, you couldn't tell because they tend to drool frequently in Barnsley anyway, especially when sister's near.

Anyway, it would be unthinkable to lose on Saturday and I admit to being a little more nervous than usual because a loss or even a draw would not look good for the manager at all. I dread to think of the terraces reaction if we can't win. My lucky watch will come out for the first time this season and everything will be crossed. Come on you Owls. We can. We will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's always unthinkable. And then it happens. And then it's somehow not so bad, because the playoffs are "still within reach"

What I mean is, with the whole feeling about the place at the moment, I think a home loss to Barnsley would cause reaction from fans at Hillsborough the likes of which we have not seen for a fair few years. I mean real,sustained disgruntlement. I'd hate to see it which is why I'm praying for a good win, then a good run.

7 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

What I mean is, with the whole feeling about the place at the moment, I think a home loss to Barnsley would cause reaction from fans at Hillsborough the likes of which we have not seen for a fair few years. I mean real,sustained disgruntlement. I'd hate to see it which is why I'm praying for a good win, then a good run.

what worse than losing to Utd?we are very poor at the mo and losing to Barnsley,who are also poor,

is very,very possible,book Carlos a flight on Ryan air,that is the only answer

Just now, Brando17 said:

what worse than losing to Utd?we are very poor at the mo and losing to Barnsley,who are also poor,

Utd was the start of the current bad patch though, for one fleeting moment at 2-2 we dropped the ball and haven't really picked it up since. I fear a loss to Barnsley would be the end, for the manager anyways. I desperately hope not. We can and should win the Dingles then onto greater things. I do believe. 

31 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I hate the phrase 'happy clapper' but if there are a theoretical two sides, I guess I'd be one of those. We absolutely must win the Dingles, who are probably salivating at the chance to play us now because of our apparent current turmoil. To be fair, you couldn't tell because they tend to drool frequently in Barnsley anyway, especially when sister's near.

Anyway, it would be unthinkable to lose on Saturday and I admit to being a little more nervous than usual because a loss or even a draw would not look good for the manager at all. I dread to think of the terraces reaction if we can't win. My lucky watch will come out for the first time this season and everything will be crossed. Come on you Owls. We can. We will.

I think im in the same boat - Happy Clapper I may be (or could it be Im not a fickle football fan and try to think before making knee jerk reactions and trotting out the same old cliches I have heard someone else spout).

And I do believe CC would (maybe) get us top 6 given time, but a loss on Saturday may be a step too far even for me.

Guest Dingle.
3 hours ago, Brando17 said:

Dont know which Barnsley side you’ve been watching but it must have been a different one to me, our results are inconsistent and some have been poor, but we’re not a poor side. We’ve got the youngest side in the league and theirs a certain naivety about them, which decent experienced managers and teams can and do exploit, but we’re playing decent football and improving our weaknesses as the season progresses. To say we’re poor is wrong, if you turn up thinking we’re poor and you’ll walk all over us without working for it, you’re in for a shock, then again it depends what time in the match we get a player wrongly sent off I suppose. 

We NEED the 3 points, but we know this fixture means more to Barnsley fans than us.

Heckingbottom will have Barnsley well up for this game.    My guess is that Carlos won't have learnt any lessons from the United game and he'll stick to the 'it's just another game' philosophy. Let's hope that works this time.

6 hours ago, Dingle. said:

Dont know which Barnsley side you’ve been watching but it must have been a different one to me, our results are inconsistent and some have been poor, but we’re not a poor side. We’ve got the youngest side in the league and theirs a certain naivety about them, which decent experienced managers and teams can and do exploit, but we’re playing decent football and improving our weaknesses as the season progresses. To say we’re poor is wrong, if you turn up thinking we’re poor and you’ll walk all over us without working for it, you’re in for a shock, then again it depends what time in the match we get a player wrongly sent off I suppose. 

Anybody that thinks this wednesday side will walk all over anybody , obviously hasn’t watched us once. We are seriously lacking in guts , pace , creativity and a desire to win. I think we will draw sat, draw Tuesday and get tonked at villa 

12 hours ago, Spookone said:

I think im in the same boat - Happy Clapper I may be (or could it be Im not a fickle football fan and try to think before making knee jerk reactions and trotting out the same old cliches I have heard someone else spout).

And I do believe CC would (maybe) get us top 6 given time, but a loss on Saturday may be a step too far even for me.

Simple one for me, give Carlos and his team the next 3up to international break, if we don't get a proper improvement and at bare minimum 5 points, part ways and spend international break getting the new man in. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Anybody that thinks this wednesday side will walk all over anybody , obviously hasn’t watched us once. We are seriously lacking in guts , pace , creativity and a desire to win. I think we will draw sat, draw Tuesday and get tonked at villa 

Wont walk over Barnsley but can see us playing well, getting a goal ahead and then with 20 mins left taking off a forward and bringing on a defensive midfielder. Then if we let in a late goal saying how unlucky we are.

Edited by matthefish2002