Carlos - Wednesday's Fortunes Will Change

Large-1.jpg

Carlos Carvalhal has no doubts that Wednesday’s fortunes will change.

While the Owls left Derby empty-handed in terms of points, Carlos believes they took plenty away in terms of pride and looks forward to the coming games.

The first of those is a South Yorkshire derby at Hillsborough on Saturday as Wednesday host Barnsley.

The head coach gave a detailed assessment of his side’s frustrating loss at Pride Park on Saturday, which saw the Owls reduced to ten-men for almost the entirety of the game.

“If I come to a game where my players don’t run, don’t fight, don’t have quality, don’t have attitude, don’t have soul, then I will be worried,” he told swfc.co.uk.

“I saw my players do all these things at Derby, with ten men, and create chances and play with a fantastic attitude.

“To me, it is very clear that the wins will come. I don’t see them with their arms down, no soul and no attitude to play.

cc_derby1.jpg

“These kind of things make me stay more strong and put everybody more strong to the next games.

“I have a good feeling here, the way my players are training and focused on their work, the way they are focused on coming back to the victories.”

And Carlos has nothing but full confidence and belief in his players turning around the current form and returning to winning ways.

“They showed at Derby how they want us to believe we will turn the things and we will. We will change the things and start winning.

“Sometimes when you are in a bad period, you come back more strong and I believe my team will do this reaction.”

Owlstalk Shop

Guest RocketOwl
33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Large-1.jpg

Carlos Carvalhal has no doubts that Wednesday’s fortunes will change.

While the Owls left Derby empty-handed in terms of points, Carlos believes they took plenty away in terms of pride and looks forward to the coming games.

The first of those is a South Yorkshire derby at Hillsborough on Saturday as Wednesday host Barnsley.

The head coach gave a detailed assessment of his side’s frustrating loss at Pride Park on Saturday, which saw the Owls reduced to ten-men for almost the entirety of the game.

“If I come to a game where my players don’t run, don’t fight, don’t have quality, don’t have attitude, don’t have soul, then I will be worried,” he told swfc.co.uk.

“I saw my players do all these things at Derby, with ten men, and create chances and play with a fantastic attitude.

“To me, it is very clear that the wins will come. I don’t see them with their arms down, no soul and no attitude to play.

cc_derby1.jpg

“These kind of things make me stay more strong and put everybody more strong to the next games.

“I have a good feeling here, the way my players are training and focused on their work, the way they are focused on coming back to the victories.”

And Carlos has nothing but full confidence and belief in his players turning around the current form and returning to winning ways.

“They showed at Derby how they want us to believe we will turn the things and we will. We will change the things and start winning.

“Sometimes when you are in a bad period, you come back more strong and I believe my team will do this reaction.”

Hitler said this about the Germans in world war 2. 

Lots of decisions haven't gone our way in last few games but you can point to some games last season where things went our way.

The Rotherham home win in what was an awful game and we get awarded a dubious last minute penalty, the Bristol City home game when Bristol miss a penalty to go 3-1 up and we break, our player gets brought down and there player gets sent off, seen it a few times this and defender does look as though he played ball.

Hopefully we'll get a few decisions going our way again over next few games.