Twenty Dollar Bill quote

Twenty Dollars  

Author Unknown  

shareyourstory.gif

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked. "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this." 

He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the
ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No
matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. 

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still
priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by ...WHO WE ARE.

You are special - don't ever forget it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What t*ss.

"it is not who you are but what you do that defines you".

- Batman

Beats anything any other f*cker can post, because it's... the goddamn Batman.

Edited by Owl Be Back

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think you could at the time watching the press conference that CC and the £20 incident was staged.

Yeah I much prefer to do a Mourihno and walk out whenever someone asks him a question he doesn't like...far better to use an analogy to tell the press to fuckoffski...like everyone says he has got style...staged how... by getting the shitpress to ask a question so he can answer in that way or by coming up with a reply knowing what tack they might take given the agenda they have...and that's seen as a weakness lol 

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah I much prefer to do a Mourihno and walk out whenever someone asks him a question he doesn't like...far better to use an analogy to tell the press to fuckoffski...like everyone says he has got style...staged how... by getting the shitpress to ask a question so he can answer in that way or by coming up with a reply knowing what tack they might take given the agenda they have...and that's seen as a weakness lol 

Nurse.....Nurse.....NURSE......NURSE

11 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

What t*ss.

"it is not who you are but what you do that defines you".

- Batman

Beats anything any other f*cker can post, because it's... the goddamn Batman.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

- Spiderman

3 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

The point is that the quote wasn't Carlos'. He just borrowed it.

It gets used in NLP.

Doubt it.

Furthermore, if you inspect a $20 bill you'll notice the phrase "in God we trust", clearly derived from our very own " in Carlos we trust".

• Like 1