Penalties

Is that now four we've given away? Preston, Chesterfield,  Bolton (cup) and Derby. That's more than whole of last season when we only gave away 1 or 2? In contrast we've had none whereas last season we seemed to have loads. Is there a refereeing conspiracy? Is our luck really down? Or is our defence really bad and our players go to ground too easily? 

No there isn't a refereeing conspiracy. Yes our luck is down. Yes our defense isn't very good. Not sure about our players going to ground but at the end of the day it's how the cookie is crumbling at the minute. We need to stop fretting about penalties and knuckle down to grind out some results.

Whatever anyone says about refs, the bottom line is two virtually identical incidents yesterday have been deemed as a penalty and a red card at one end and not at the other and you’ve got to ask the question why they’ve been interpreted differently according to the laws of the game which he supposedly adhered to when giving Derby their penalty?

We were ridiculously lucky last season bar Derby away.  We've been unlucky this season with goals ruled out for offside and penalty decisions etc.  Our luck has definitely changed and we now find ourselves in 16th place.

I don't want go on about being badly done to as I thought we were very fortunate to finish 4th last season.

20 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever anyone says about refs, the bottom line is two virtually identical incidents yesterday have been deemed as a penalty and a red card at one end and not at the other and you’ve got to ask the question why they’ve been interpreted differently according to the laws of the game which he supposedly adhered to when giving Derby their penalty?

Exactly, even their manager agrees. And I know it's histroy but last year Keogh stopped a goal on the line with his hand in the 4th minute and nothing is given. Not an excuse but we are having some terrible decisions against us.

If he thought Fletcher dived, why wasn't he booked? He apparently told him he knew he'd been pushed in the back but thought he should have stayed on his feet. What about their guy at the other end? He went down like Bambi. 

53 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

If he thought Fletcher dived, why wasn't he booked? He apparently told him he knew he'd been pushed in the back but thought he should have stayed on his feet. What about their guy at the other end? He went down like Bambi. 

I'm not sure that is relevant. A push is a push, he caught Fletcher off balance and he went down. I've seen players go down for a lot less and get a foul/pen....in fact I reckon there's was less of a push than the one on Fletcher!

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Thats the point because you are actually comparing the same Refs decision in the same game so the variation of opinion goes out the window 

Consistency of decision making across the division is appalling but across a match its criminal at times 

56 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I'm not sure that is relevant. A push is a push, he caught Fletcher off balance and he went down. I've seen players go down for a lot less and get a foul/pen....in fact I reckon there's was less of a push than the one on Fletcher!

If Fletcher had made the exact same push on their defender it'd have been a free kick every single time.

13 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Simple explanation  (think Eric Idle Life of Brian ) Fletcher goes down REF asks Doyen Sports ? No --sorry can't give penalty...