Perspective

Do you think we as a group of fans have lost it? 

Some of the posts on the site are embarrassing. Accusing dc of ineptitude for not sacking Carlos, suggesting that there are wide reaching issues at the club... with the usual trolls stirring the pot.

We have some of the most loyal fans in the country to our own. We will help each other out in moments of need, but the moment Carlos goes through a tough patch the knives are out. 

People need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Apply a level of sensible perspective. We're in a tough league but we have a good squad and a good manager (as proven by his performance to date). We're having a hiccup but we're not going to go down and with a decent run could be in and around the play offs soon enough. A few years back we were on our arse facing admin. If it takes another year or so to go up then it takes another year or so - chill out. No one wants us to be that club that hires and fires every 6 months. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I went to Birmingham and Bolton.

And Preston, Burton and today.

I agree with him

Yeah I mean everything is all rosey at the moment isn't it? Infact I'm sure it wasn't long back you were wanting a managerial change

Whilst I admire the OPs optimism, I’m afraid you cannot describe the current situation as a ‘hiccup’. There have been growing concerns for months around the performance and tactics. I agree we have a good squad which is why our current position in the table is so infuriating. I would gladly accept that if it takes another year or two to get promoted that would be ok, but the fact is we seem to be getting worse with no real signs of the situation improving. 

1 minute ago, GOAT#12 said:

Whilst I admire the OPs optimism, I’m afraid you cannot describe the current situation as a ‘hiccup’. There have been growing concerns for months around the performance and tactics. I agree we have a good squad which is why our current position in the table is so infuriating. I would gladly accept that if it takes another year or two to get promoted that would be ok, but the fact is we seem to be getting worse with no real signs of the situation improving. 

I'm not saying we stick with him indefinitely but we owe Carlos a stay of execution and our backing right up until the point of no return and I don't think we've got there yet. 

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

I'm not saying we stick with him indefinitely but we owe Carlos a stay of execution and our backing right up until the point of no return and I don't think we've got there yet. 

We owe him absolutely nothing, he's not earned any more time whatsoever. The club's results this season and position prove that. 

And you want to keep him until it's game over?

Wow, just wow.

We started the season slow,and we still dont seem to have found the gearbox,the derby shocker has had a massive effect on the fans.

My concern is that we start games on the backfoot.

The players are equally responsible,today being an excellent example,Loovens left us with a massive hole to fill

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Out of curiosity can I ask what you would consider the point of no return? Is it the next few games/ Christmas/ the whole season? The Bolton game was it for me. After tonking Leeds and then playing so poorly the next match. That told me all I needed to know - I think we are going to be consistently inconsistent. We’ll have a couple of decent runs (3 or 4 unbeaten) then lose a couple on the spin. I’d love to be proven wrong but I just can’t see it 

27 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

11 points behind the pigs.

Practically out of autos before Halloween,

Turgid football and defeats v Birmingham and Bolton and that defeat to the Pigs.

If people think it’s a blip and we can turn it round then you’re ducking deluded 

Well said 

38 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Do you think we as a group of fans have lost it? 

Some of the posts on the site are embarrassing. Accusing dc of ineptitude for not sacking Carlos, suggesting that there are wide reaching issues at the club... with the usual trolls stirring the pot.

We have some of the most loyal fans in the country to our own. We will help each other out in moments of need, but the moment Carlos goes through a tough patch the knives are out. 

People need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Apply a level of sensible perspective. We're in a tough league but we have a good squad and a good manager (as proven by his performance to date). We're having a hiccup but we're not going to go down and with a decent run could be in and around the play offs soon enough. A few years back we were on our arse facing admin. If it takes another year or so to go up then it takes another year or so - chill out. No one wants us to be that club that hires and fires every 6 months. 

Do you not think there are any wide reaching issues at the club?