Not prepared = 32% goals conceded in first 10 mins

I raised this point last week " Do we do out homework"

A staggering 32% of the goals that we have conceded in the league this season have come in the first 10 mins. This at time when most teams are switched on and concede on average of just 9%.

Guess how many goals we have scored in the first 10 mins.

None, thats right a big fat zero.

There must be something wrong with the preparation to be so slow out of the blocks.

We really need to look at our starting tactics and prep.

• Thanks 1

Wow that is pretty shocking and pretty damning for the players and head coach alike. Watching Soccer Saturday the one comment that stood out from the fella at the game was the tempo and intent they show from the off

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Can't prepare for giving a penalty away in the first three minutes

The stats just back up what most of us can see with our eyes. You are truly deluded if you think we start games well 

1 minute ago, NYowl said:

A staggering 32% of the goals that we have conceded in the league this season have come in the first 10 mins. This at time when most teams are switched on and concede on average of just 9%.

There must be something wrong with the preparation to be so slow out of the blocks.

mate, this has been going on for too long, shouldnt take you or i to work it out, cc is paid well and should have sorted it long ago, now i like him but hes just not done his job regarding this problem and thats incompetency 

4 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Has to be something to do with warm up or final gee up before they go out. Teams are now wise to it and go at us from off.

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Wow that is pretty shocking and pretty damning for the players and head coach alike. Watching Soccer Saturday the one comment that stood out from the fella at the game was the tempo and intent they show from the off

forget soccer saturday, i cant bear to watch the football league show and that feeling is all to regular

Guest Theboylangers
6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's ignoring the point of the OP. 

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

They had already ahd one attack and shot this was second attack and game was only 4 minutes old. Its about tempo we stroll into a game and pussyfoot about with ball inviting teams onto us.

Guest mrbluesky
9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You aren`t quite getting the point of this thread are youlol

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

This why we will never be competitive again until Carlos is gone. He's not a bad manager, but the spark we've had the first 18 months just isn't there anymore. Same goes with the players we have, it all comes down to tempo. I know we were going as hard as we could down a man the whole game, but christ there about 7-8 times I noticed down our right hand side from either Lee, Wallace, or Hunt when a bit more pace and direct running would have split them apart. But every single time they'd go for it they'd hesitate and play it back, or just simply got shut down because none of them are fast enough to play directly like that.

The only players we have in the squad that can play direct like that are Boyd, Matias, and Joao but Carlos never plays them when they are healthy. We've simply just ran out of ideas at this point, it's very disheartening. Like I'm not even angry or anything, I just know it's over and disappointed by it; like the finals days before you eventually break up with your SO after trying over and over and it isn't working.

I'd also like to see Matt Penney play on the wing as our wingers just don't have any pace like he does and we need that in our game.

The old saying was that you had to win the initial battle to then go out and then play your football.

We just want to do the football bit

Unfortunately clubs know this and get at us from the off. 

21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Err, if you prepare to start on the front foot & take the game to the opposition you're more likely to be at the other end of the pitch rather then inviting them to attack us & play in our half.