Pride

Guest Deleted member

Nonsense.

I'll tell you why we adapted to the game well today. Having a man sent off after 4mins meant all of a sudden we were not expected to win. The pressure was off and we had nothing to lose. We just played. It threw Carlos' 'game plan' out the window and we were better for it, even with 10 men.

If we approached every game like this we'd see a massive turn in results. We won't though. We'll continue to play boring, negative, walking football, terrified of what the opposition could do to us of we even contemplated stepping out of our own half.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I don't know if you're agreeing or not, but for me that's how I've always watched the Owls. Every now and again there's a magic moment, but mostly we just keep going and keep singing and shouting because that's what we do, generation after generation, all of us proud to be Owls. 

Sarcasm fella,if it`s not this week it`s going to be one week shirley!!

13 minutes ago, GOAT#12 said:

I take issue with this ‘brave effort’ comment. Out of curiosity, how low were your expectations after 5mins? Were you expecting 10 professionals to roll over and lose by 5 or 6?

I take your point, and agree that every game should be a brace effort, but last week v Bolton the first half was pathetic, the first half v pigs was a disgrace and often this season they've been anything but brave. Today I thought they played without the fear that they seemed to play with for large parts of this season. 

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I take your point, and agree that every game should be a brace effort, but last week v Bolton the first half was pathetic, the first half v pigs was a disgrace and often this season they've been anything but brave. Today I thought they played without the fear that they seemed to play with for large parts of this season. 

Fair enough. I think though that the reason they played without fear was because they had no pressure on them after the sending off. The fact that we seemingly have no clue from one match to the next whether the players will give 100% effort and freedom is unacceptable and must be a mentality issue as Carlos suggested. 

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Yes, I deserved that, but what else can we do.  I genuinely think a squad this good has to at least make the play offs. 

Agreed mate but it`s not happening this week or next year,I would love to be proved wrong and would hold my hand up but there`s only one manager pulled a 180 and that`s Alex Ferguson and CC is nowhere near that,managers have shelf lives and CC`s is out of date by 2 seasons imo/

2 minutes ago, GOAT#12 said:

Fair enough. I think though that the reason they played without fear was because they had no pressure on them after the sending off. The fact that we seemingly have no clue from one match to the next whether the players will give 100% effort and freedom is unacceptable and must be a mentality issue as Carlos suggested. 

I agree, the pressure was off today. We all know they don't attack with enough pace and variety, but for me this season the basics are missing at the back and we're getting found out. This puts pressure on and the team stops playing with freedom and looks all over the place. 

I was not at the game today, but I am prepared to listen to those who have and say that the team put in a shift today, played for the amanger and fans, showed pride etc, but the nagging question has to be......why do they not do that every game ?? If they seriously want promotion, play for Carlos and their own pride, why do they go missing for the first half of so many games, only start playing when they go behind and don't appear to be up to the riggers of a fight with more physical teams. Why is it they can only show part time pride and passion, turn it on and off and frustrate the hell out of the fans.I bet most Wednesdayites would accept an occasional dip in form if the pride and fight was on display every game, all game. Its the minimum we should get..

9 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Agreed mate but it`s not happening this week or next year,I would love to be proved wrong and would hold my hand up but there`s only one manager pulled a 180 and that`s Alex Ferguson and CC is nowhere near that,managers have shelf lives and CC`s is out of date by 2 seasons imo/

It's certainly getting harder to keep defending him. I think some of the players have to take responsibility as well. I don't like pointing the finger but Rhodes could have had 3 last week. A few others have gone missing when needed. 

2 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I feel like based on the circumstances and the effort the players put in today considering that it would be harsh on Carlos or the players.. yet again poor decisions may have cost us not 1 but 3 points. The rules of football are made for a reason.. the referees are supposed to enforce the rules and make the correct decisions. Alot of fans say we can't blame the ref for losing but I disagree. If a player commits a foul and we are entitled to a penalty then we should get one. If we had got 2 potential pens today we could have gone on to win. Same with the other poor decisions that haven't gone our way.

Maybe, but we still didn’t have a shot on target, not good enough.

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Absolute pathetic comment, but to be expected.

“More regular” = “less toxic” what an arrogant generalisation, if the regulars aren’t fed up with the current set up, they’re deluded clappers.

A proper football man. 

A man who knows how to motivate. 

A man who knows how to organise and set up a team to win. 

A man who has got teams promoted from the Championship. 

A man man who has consolidated teams in the Premier League. 

A man man who bleeds Blue and White. 

A man man who knows what supporting The Wednesday is all about. 

A man who will reinvigorate the club and fan base. 

This is man is needed now more than ever. 

This is man is Him. 

Gary Megson. garymegson

I’m sorry but I wasn’t impressed with that today.

Slow tedious build up play with the first thought to pass it backwards.

A complete lack of movement and failed to string passes together.

Even Hooper seems to have gone off the boil a bit.

We had no chances on target and that says a lot.

No improvement since last week in my book 

1 minute ago, rob chester said:

Nobody else will take this squad up either it hasn't the right blend or balance. Season has been shocking so far probably won't improve a massive amount either but CC can't be totally blamed especially on recruitment.

Disagree about recruitment.