Pride

Guest Deleted member

Thing is Grandad if we'd have played with pride every game this season and approached every game positively we would probably be up alongside the Pigs. So we go down to 10 men and it somehow kicks the players up the backside. Why can't we have this playing with pride every game or is that too much to ask? 

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I am not interested in stats 

Went to the game and watched the players work their socks off for the manager and club, showing a lot of ability 

The only stat that matters today is the one that reads 2-0, but stats don't matter like they haven't in the last five, except when we won against Leeds, that was an important stat

Guest mrbluesky
16 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Spot on Grandad. We can pull this season round starting next week v dingles, and if not then we move on and do it v Milwall. Yes, proud of the amazing support and a brave effort on the pitch. 

This!! well week after that or after that or after that or...

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Thing is Grandad if we'd have played with pride every game this season and approached every game positively we would probably be up alongside the Pigs. So we go down to 10 men and it somehow kicks the players up the backside. Why can't we have this playing with pride every game or is that too much to ask? 

Couldn't agree more

We need much more like today, much less like last week

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Perfectly put MO,

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Couldn't agree more

We need much more like today, much less like last week

Thats sort of my point. The situation today seemed to rev up our players. The 10 men always play harder than 11 old cliche. My question is where's the motivation coming from to do this every game. The manager should have all players revved up for every game from the start not relying on a sending off.

45 minutes ago, markowl said:

Owlstalk debating at it's finest.

And illustrates better than my reply to @TINKERBELL in her thread.

Come on then, let's have a debate.

So we've progress this season under Carlos? And we addressed our squad needs in the summer?

Up to date, this season has been nothing short of a disaster. 

How long do we keep plodding along for though? 

Carlos won't get us up. 

Plain and simple.

I'm sad to say that this isn't about turning this around on the training pitch or tactically on the field. 

This is about the millions spent on a squad that's missing pace and talent on the wings. 

Millions that would have been beyond our wildest dreams five years ago. Somone has to take responsibility. 

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Carlos clearly hasn't lost the dressing room

Think that is correct he has got most of them lucrative deals for a few years, its one thing to say he can turn this around its another to say how he can do it. If I believed he could this I would support him but can find lots of evidence indicating he does not change things and nothing showing he has learnt from his time in english football. Statistically highly unlikely we will reach play offs from this point and impossible for  automatic hence should look to change things so potential new coach has two windows to adjust team.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Just got in, read most thread titles, and can't see anybody saying they were proud of us today

I was. Massively. We played with spirit, determination, a never say die approach despite going 1-0 down and losing our captain so early on

The fans were outstanding, much better than at Bolton. Maybe we are better playing in front of slightly smaller away followings, the more regular, less toxic fans.

Carlos can turn this round

Posted 3 hours ago. I didn’t get any replies though. Apart from Daveyboy thinking I was a pig fan referring to this in another thread.

lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I agree I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room; however, I think there certainly is a mentality issue like Carlos mentioned in the week. Going 1 down and losing loovens after 5mins took all the pressure off the players. No one expected them to win from there. No matter what the score, they’d be able to trot out the ‘we were unlucky / another bad referee’ excuse. 

I’m not sure Carlos having the dressing room behind him will be enough sadly.

15 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Come on then, let's have a debate.

So we've progress this season under Carlos? And we addressed our squad needs in the summer?

Up to date, this season has been nothing short of a disaster. 

How long do we keep plodding along for though? 

Carlos won't get us up. 

Plain and simple.

See it's much better than CLAP CLAP CLAP isn't it?

But I'm not sure why you're asking me those questions.

I don't decide whether the manager stays or goes any more than you do.

Just got in, read most thread titles, and can't see anybody saying they were proud of us today

I was. Massively. We played with spirit, determination, a never say die approach despite going 1-0 down and losing our captain so early on

The fans were outstanding, much better than at Bolton. Maybe we are better playing in front of slightly smaller away followings, the more regular, less toxic fans.

Not a chance of turning this around ... 

We need Galvanising and he ain’t the man to do it. Fresh impetous and ideas are needed pronto.

45 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Spot on Grandad. We can pull this season round starting next week v dingles, and if not then we move on and do it v Milwall. Yes, proud of the amazing support and a brave effort on the pitch. 

I take issue with this ‘brave effort’ comment. Out of curiosity, how low were your expectations after 5mins? Were you expecting 10 professionals to roll over and lose by 5 or 6?

How do you know?

It might appear that he has a regular set of players who seemingly can do no wrong....after injury or suspension the same players walk straight back into the side. Players on the fringes can play as well as they like knowing full well they will be dropped the next game.

How do we know there isn’t a clique? How do we know that Winnall didn’t stand up to the clique in the training ground bust up and that’s why he was forced out of the club.

Last season, pretty much the same 11 who let us down at Wembley ended up starting games regularly 

How do we know that players like Abdi or maybe McGugan simply didn’t fit the clique and therefore never had a chance?

This is all speculation obviously, but we don’t know for certain whether he has the dressing room or not.

40 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

This!! well week after that or after that or after that or...

I don't know if you're agreeing or not, but for me that's how I've always watched the Owls. Every now and again there's a magic moment, but mostly we just keep going and keep singing and shouting because that's what we do, generation after generation, all of us proud to be Owls. 

• Like 1

Absolutely spot on Grandad.