Pride

Guest Deleted member

6 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Of course they are; there are no consequences under CC so why would they not? Favourites remain his favourites. Tactics go unchanged. Tip tap, sideways backwards, no pressure. Going 1 or 2 down from utter incompetence and lack of desire and tempo then being congratulated for getting a draw after only just starting to play in the 2nd half. Cant deal with physicality or teams who are organised and defensive. That is the pattern under Carlos.

Players who can do as they like and with no fear of replacement because apparently (based on whats been reported) we have given our transfer discretion over to the whims of some merky agencies (in the guise of advice) who are using the club as some sort of player housing system at DC's expense, unbeknown to him.

I bet the players will be very nervous when hopefully DC kicks CC. A new manager may actually mean consequences and a reorganisation of the club's transfer policy. 

Wtf has that lot got to do with the fact we played some good football and put in the effort on the pitch yesterday 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

With the greatest respect to Grandads mood swing, this horse has well and truly bolted.

I can't remember a manager at S6 as dead in the water as Carlos is.

It's over. This season is a write off.

Start hoping for the right replacement.

This statement is highly debatable. I read somewhere yesterday that if we were to win the next two fixtures, we would be only two points behind what we were at the same stage last season. Not being a football stats guru, I don't know if that is right or wrong but it seems feasible. As we ended last season on 80+ points and in the play-offs with at least a game to spare, that would suggest this season is far from being a write off and there clearly is time to pull things around.

Whether Carlos is the man or not to do it is an entirely different question. Without getting some consistent and momentum we can forget the play-offs. Grandad may or may not be right on his conclusion after the Derby game but time is the only thing that can deliver the definite answer.

Will be difficult to turn around without trading players and Carlos - nor any other Head Coach - can do that here.

Main problem is quality and balance of squad that Chansiri's cronies have left us with.

While debate should be robust and with decorum, as suggested it must be left out of the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Ok mate, I'll have that one with you. 

Archer Project for me. You pick yours and I'll donate if we don't make the play offs

I'll put £20 into Rain Rescue if we do. I'm confident we will make it

Edited by pgmetcalf

Guest BULGARIA
13 hours ago, Grandad said:

Carlos clearly hasn't lost the dressing room

He and the players have clearly lost their way in finding the opposite net though.

How many shots did we have on target?

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Wtf has that lot got to do with the fact we played some good football and put in the effort on the pitch yesterday 

We didn't play good football; we lost and how you could class 0 shots on target as "good" I have no flipping idea. Like I said, zero consequences are felt for playing objectively bobbar.

Apparent effort without actual attainment (which i think is explained by the various points in my above post) is irrelevant and frankly not good enough given our expenditure. Commending players and the manager for appearing to do the absolute minimum that we could expect is not something I am going to do. You feel free though.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

We didn't play good football; we lost and how you could class 0 shots on target as "good" I have no flipping idea. Like I said, zero consequences are felt for playing objectively bobbar.

Apparent effort without actual attainment (which i think is explained by the various points in my above post) is irrelevant and frankly not good enough given our expenditure. Commending players and the manager for appearing to do the absolute minimum that we could expect is not something I am going to do. You feel free though.

You either didn't go or don't know what you are talking about. Or you could be on a wind up.

What exactly  was a realistic attainment from yesterday when we played with 10 men for 90 mins and already 1-0 down.

Did you really think we were going to play them off the park and pepper their goal?

And if you want to talk about expenditure we were playing a club yesterday who have spent more money than us and have been doing so for more years. 

Their wages bill for players on the park yesterday would have been more than ours.

I will commend effort and ability when I want to mate and yesterday the players displayed both.

33 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You either didn't go or don't know what you are talking about. Or you could be on a wind up.

What exactly  was a realistic attainment from yesterday when we played with 10 men for 90 mins and already 1-0 down.

Did you really think we were going to play them off the park and pepper their goal?

And if you want to talk about expenditure we were playing a club yesterday who have spent more money than us and have been doing so for more years. 

Their wages bill for players on the park yesterday would have been more than ours.

I will commend effort and ability when I want to mate and yesterday the players displayed both.

Not a wind up.

We'll agree to disagree on the ability and attainment point; clearly your more easily pleased than I am. But that's your prerogative.

Also comparing us to the perennial underachievers and over spenders that are Derby like they are some kind of top of the league standard against which we would always fall short kind of proves my point on our profligacy and underachievement. 

BTW, our shitearsed neighbours are roughly where we should be and doing it on probably 1/3 ish of our budget. Cash doesn't guarantee anything but roger me we have wasted a shed load on complete guff. 

Adam "wasp in a jar" Reach being one example. Mind you, with your love affair of displays of effort with no return, he's probably your player of the season by now. JOC put shed loads of effort in and he cost us nothing. I'm afraid effort alone is just not enough given what the club have invested.  That is my point.

So roger clapping after our 4th defeat in 5. roger that.

I was not talking about anything other than yesterday's game and you never answered my question so I will ask you again.

What in your view was a realistic attainment with 10 men for 90 mins when already 1-0 down against a side unbeaten in their last 4 games?

34 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I was not talking about anything other than yesterday's game and you never answered my question so I will ask you again.

What in your view was a realistic attainment with 10 men for 90 mins when already 1-0 down against a side unbeaten in their last 4 games?

I was talking about more than yesterday's game, as many have on here. The OP remarked that CC would turn it around, hence the thread is about the future games to come. Therefore don't act like I'm going off on tangents by speaking generally about the shitshow of a season on and off the pitch.

Pre-game: after back to back defeats, minimum I expected was a draw in which we tried to take the game to the opposition and attacked with success (goals) given the relative quality of our strike force.  If serious about getting back on track it should really be a win but probably not realistic.

After the card: realistically were un-workable. But anything we can get from the game. I really don't care about effort. I care about results. This is judged by goals and points. Like I said, I'm not clapping when we lose in this division. A creditable draw?  Yes. A win? Absolutely. But not for a loss, especially of our own making.

• Haha 1

Guest Deleted member
3 hours ago, heppers said:

Gutted. I thought we were going to have a parade to support the LGBT fans. Grandad leading it in pink hot pants.

Cerise actually

Yes yesterday's performance was, but the reality is that 9/10 we only seem to kick up through the gears once adversity hits us. We go down to 10 men, we roll our sleeves up and put a shift in. 

We concede an early goal yet again!!, we suddenly spark into life and get some urgency in our play. THAT is the bottom line problem, at the moment we seem to coast through matches until oh crap we're losing, better get stuck in. My frustration is just this and the fact that if we play for 90 mins and have a go we look a totally different animal out there and more often than not get a favourable result. 

On 21/10/2017 at 19:28, Grandad said:

Just got in, read most thread titles, and can't see anybody saying they were proud of us today

I was. Massively. We played with spirit, determination, a never say die approach despite going 1-0 down and losing our captain so early on

The fans were outstanding, much better than at Bolton. Maybe we are better playing in front of slightly smaller away followings, the more regular, less toxic fans.

Carlos can turn this round

Too Little Too Late i'm Sorry to say.:columbo: