3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No but does a manager ever tell a player to make a mistake?

What a ridiculous statement.

It was a mistake from Loovens but if he didn't make that mistake we were 1-0 down anyway.

A slow start again.

Behind again!

Carlos has made it clear that he looked at 200 centre halfs to decide who to bring in.

If he'd got good judgment, Loovens wouldn't even have started.

not ridiculous at all - who the f knows how a game pans out from 3 mins in?!

or are you saying we stare the first 3 mins slow lol

you ever played footy mate?

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

who's the new man going to pick across the back and in midfield? 

The club, and i have to include CC in this, have neglected the glaring weaknesses in our team for over a year now.

The new manager will struggle to achieve anything other than the odd win. We'll struggle to get 60 points this season, unless we bring in new personnel and ship out the deadwood in January.

I appreciate what you are trying to say - some of the squad do need shipping out and new blood in, but the bit in bold I don't agree with.

How many wins did we get last year? It isn't a team full of duds - Hooper, Bannan, Lees, Westwood, Lee, Hutchinson, Fletcher, Forestieri are all good enough, and the squad has quality as well.

I genuinely believe it's the tactics of keep the ball and don't be risky that's causing us the problems on the pitch. Release the team to be more risky and trust them and we can easily pick up points imo.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Vast majority of posts blaming Carlos for today .....absolute gibberish joke.

They lost as a team but if singling anybody out its picking a player way past his sell by date who can't move any quicker than me turns like a channel tunnel ferry and never plays a ball north. Glen Loovens great club captain nice guy way way past his best retire now.

So whose decision was it to renew his contract,and who chose to play him today? Find out who did that and sack them instead then. Clearly can't blame Carlos because he doesn't sign the players and he doesn't pick the team. :manager:

Carlos is very happy with his players today.

The players who couldn't muster a single shot on target over 90 minutes.

If you're "happy" with that, there's something wrong.

Yes, they fought and were spirited and put in the effort - but that should be the norm, not something to be please with! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woodys said:

go on them i'll enlighten ya - 

talking about cc - so whats his error today then?

if you want to banter back it up im interested to know

What I said was Micky would be on about how it was not CC fault. 

I did not make any STATEMENT on this so why ask for one.

STOP drinking pal.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

Get rid of the f*cking clown.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Guest Copthorneowl

Take today's performance in isolation (not that anybody will) apart from picking Loovens the manager and team come out with credit YES credit good performance with 10 against 12. FACT?

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My happiness or yours is not a factor. One voice on that matter and it's not ours. All we can do to have an impact is support and encourage.

It is though nev. Because if fans ain't happy then they stop going .

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

So just because there's a thread started after a defeat it's got to be because of today's performance?.Lets not consider goodness knows how many other games this season. Take a look at the table pal, it isn't lying. For the record I don't personally blame him for today, but the table at the end of the season & the stats will show a defeat, not oh sorry Wednesday were unlucky as Captain fantastic was sent off after 4 mins. Managers take the flack regardless.

He's spent more money than any swfc manager & he's failing miserably. 

And you ask where is he at fault!!! ( or do you mean today)

You're either on the wind up, or a blunt. 

then on my actual point you replied to we agree it seems 

1 minute ago, woodys said:

not ridiculous at all - who the f knows how a game pans out from 3 mins in?!

or are you saying we stare the first 3 mins slow lol

you ever played footy mate?

Yes I have.  I always know I've won the argument when somebody plays that card though.

i am saying that regardless of whether Loovens made that tackle or not, we were going 1-0 down for the 10th time this season.

Do you think it's normal for a team to start so badly week after week?

And as I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, it is the fault of Carlos that Loovens was even on the pitch.

• Agree 1

Ok he’s kinda exempted today because no coach in the world would tell Loovens to push their man over and get sent off. 

But it at the end of the day it’s another loss which doesn’t help our cause and surely must put pressure on him now. 

With every passing week we are drifting further and further away. Losing ground that we will have little chance of getting back if we don’t make a change quick. 

United are mugging us off. Someone wake me from this nightmare. 

Carlos out FFS!!

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

So whose decision was it to renew his contract,and who chose to play him today? Find out who did that and sack them instead then. Clearly can't blame Carlos because he doesn't sign the players and he doesn't pick the team. :manager:

If you read what I said I quoted his mistake today as only picking Loovens ..but that's the only one today, great effort and show from our 10 against their 12 if you think the lads were poor today then it's time to give in.

10 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My happiness or yours is not a factor. One voice on that matter and it's not ours. All we can do to have an impact is support and encourage.

At games yes agreed. If DC becomes aware that there is growing discontent though then sooner or later he might act. As pointed out in another thread by someone  DC also needs to examine his own stewardship too but IMO this needs to start by replacing CC. 

Edited by Dagmeister
  • Agree 1

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

great effort and show from our 10 against their 12 if you think the lads were poor today then it's time to give in.

That should be the norm. After all, it's their job and what they're paid exceedingly well to do.

19 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

personally I think he put Loovens on too early after his lay off , would have been better to intoduce him from the bench ,but that's just me

Agree Trev, Loovens takes 20 minutes to get up to speed in a match when he's playing regularly.

Unfortunately CC was left with a dilemma of his own making as we've all known for the last 2 years that we've needed a quality mobile centre back to partner Lees but for whatever reason we've overspent in other less urgent areas of the squad.

We eventually signed Van Aken who's got the potential but not up to the required standard defensively & the other guy from Portugal who's not getting a look in, so again we've signed someone not up to the task.

We've ended up on a losing run due to poor recruitment & subsequently had to bring In Loovens who's clearly lacking in match sharpness.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yes I have.  I always know I've won the argument when somebody plays that card though.

i am saying that regardless of whether Loovens made that tackle or not, we were going 1-0 down for the 10th time this season.

Do you think it's normal for a team to start so badly week after week?

And as I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, it is the fault of Carlos that Loovens was even on the pitch.

come on...youd have thought we were 2 down til the cv nt hit the post you got a crystal ball there

also  i have never stated my feelings or thoughts here about carlos regarding his position in general and staying in the job other than that i cant see how he can take the blame for today.

happy for anyone to argue otherwise

7 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

It is though nev. Because if fans ain't happy then they stop going .

We'll never know Tinks because SAG ensure demand exceeds supply lol Get your point though because a few of our attendances recently would have exceeded 40K, I don't think we would get near that at the moment whoever we were hosting from our league.   

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Agree 1