Referees

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I thought you weren't supposed to get given a penalty against and a red card these days. Double punishment. does that not apply in the champ?

If it's a deliberate foul then it's still a red. I missed it but have read it was a push. That's a red card.

Hoppers wasn't a pen although although Fletchers looked like it was.

However can't keep blaming refs. When Carlos first joined he always said he didn't like to talk about refs but does it all the time now. It's because he's losing. Because he wants to deflect the blame.

The other thing is I think it sways opinion of refs too. If a ref sees a manager complaining about refs if there's a 50:50 I reckon they'll not give a decision for them as they feel if they do they're buckling under pressure from that manager.

Ref blaming should be left well alone. Everyone suffers from bad decisions. Take it on the chin. Because around the corner will be lucky situations where we benefit from bad decisions 

15 minutes ago, David1867 said:

It's easy to blame refs to take the blame from our own failings. The truth is Loovens deserved to be sent off, challenge in the box with no attempt to play the ball. We are not being victimised. 

We cant keep blaming bad luck or poor refs for us being crap. 

There are many things we could change that are to blame for our failings BUT 100% there is either a conscious or unconscious bias against SWFC from the referees this is not just the past three few games this is the PAST THREE years.

Go back to year we got to Wembley and look at treatment we got that year maintain examples being rediclous decisions against forrestieri 

Same happened last year with vast majority of big decision s against us and happening again this year.

This is not the "will even itself out over year" scenario.  

Thanks only time we get fair crack is for big games when premier league refs drop down.  

Like it or not whether we change manager or not it's something to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Penalty and a red all day long based upon the refs earlier decision.

Thats what I thought, so yeah, refs are part of the problem, a big one, and refs do need to be blamed when they make mistakes, and they need to be answerable for their decisions, instead of being protected

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You telling me if that incident had happened at the other end involving Keogh and Hooper, that we'd have got a penalty and Keogh would've been sent off. No f***ng way and it's been like this for years. Yes we're struggling at the moment but referees are supposed to be impartial but every 50/50 call goes against us. No wonder Carlos hasn't got much hair left WTF:

It's not happened at the other end though has it? It was our defence that was, again all over the place. I would expect the ref to give a penalty and ref card against whoever made that challenge. 

I agree with you that that decisions have gone against us but it's not like we are doing the things we can control, like be defensively organised or put the ball in the opposition goal. 

Blaming referees for our woeful situation is desperate. 

Edited by David1867

On 21/10/2017 at 16:08, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

There are many things we could change that are to blame for our failings BUT 100% there is either a conscious or unconscious bias against SWFC from the referees this is not just the past three few games this is the PAST THREE years.

Go back to year we got to Wembley and look at treatment we got that year maintain examples being rediclous decisions against forrestieri 

Same happened last year with vast majority of big decision s against us and happening again this year.

This is not the "will even itself out over year" scenario.  

Thanks only time we get fair crack is for big games when premier league refs drop down.  

Like it or not whether we change manager or not it's something to deal with.

How long before this actually gets sorted?