How many years have you supported Sheffield Wednesday?

It's my 48th Birthday this week, I think my dad first took me at 3 years old, so 45 years, I can't remember any games untill around mid to late 70s only real memories I have from the very early days are asking my Dad how long until halftime so I could get some food and drink.

Remember as a young children driving past Bramall Lane and holding my nose, so I didn't have to suffer the awful smell my Dad told me about.

Unlike scilly Owl, I find I'm  slightly less passionate than my teen and twenty years old self. When Wednesday were THE most important thing in my life. I realise now that other things are more important but I still have passion and I'm still there every home match, but nowadays probably only 6 or 7 aways per season compared to nearly every game back in late 80s and early 90s. Still  despite all the lows, love this special club of ours.

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

The relegation season. A good intro to being a Wednesdayite.

lol

Aye, 4 relegations, 3 promotions, 1 league cup win, 2 cup final losses, 1 play off final loss and 1 play off final win. Not bad for 28 seasons. 

Looks like the Sheffield United honours board.

lol

Not easy being a Wednesdayite but wouldn't have it any other way! 

• Like 1

1958 onwards.The yoyo years.

Used to go on the coach which left The Heavygate Inn with my dad and uncle.

Most memorable thing was the ride back listening to all the results on Sports report as the adults checked their football coupons.

• Like 1

1970 night match v man city was my first game. Can remember my dad standing me on one of those old crush barriers on the Kop. If l remember rightly city did everything they could to hand us a win to avoid relegation but in the true Wednesday way we couldn't get the win n went down.

Too f****n long! Since Cup Final defeat to Everton in 1966, first match at Hillsborough v Man Ure in April 1967. Sadly, haven’t lived anywhere near Sheffield for 39 years so I’m an infrequent visitor. Will be up there next week, but don’t think I’ll manage to get to the dingles game...unless?

First game Feb 1981 aged 8, barely missed a home game since, currently more than 500 consecutive league games since I last missed one in Jan 1995. Can remember loads from the 80s and 90s, but there are lots of games I've been to in the 2000s and 2010s that I have literally zero memory of!

Started going away regularly from 1990 til about 97, lapsed a bit and have been a regular again from about 2003 onwards which has mostly been depressing. Seen us play on 108 different grounds, currently on route to Derby. 

• Like 1