How many years have you supported Sheffield Wednesday?

43 years too many 

Well I suppose I have enjoyed some of them

Please tell me I must have enjoyed some of them

My more scary stat is in the last 20 years travelling from MK I reckon I have done 140,000 miles or basically 2 cars. Be plenty beating that  though

Eric Potts intercepts the opposites corner. Runs the length of the pitch and pops a pin point cross on Brian Joicey's left boot. 

BJ hoofs it over from 4 feet out, with their keeper stranded in no mans land.

weeing it down, on the open Kop, a Tuesday night against Oxford or Leyton Orient or something.

Wednesday till I die., sometime in the year 3016

Edited by pauli
  • Haha 1

First game was 1962 v Aston Villa

Remember nothing about it, I was 4

My dad and his brother used to take me throughout the sixties, started going with my mate in the early seventies, he stopped going in the late eighties when he got married

I had a season ticket on my own throughout the nineties

Started taking my two kids in 2000, my son was 4, their first game was a season opener v Burnley, we lost 2-0

It was good of Wednesday to get my kids used to losing from the beginning, no point building their expectations up for no reason.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

My first recolection of WEDNESDAY was coming home to find my mum, my aunty and my next door neighbour all shouting and cheering at the tele, as has often proved to be we went on to lose, that was around early May (I think) in 1966...

Soon after my uncle took me to my first game...

Note: my dad was a closet pig!

Thanks mum, for steering me to the lighter side, though sometimes it’s a hard path to tread...

10 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

I Heard Nev signed on when he used to collect glasses in the old Adelphi

and overheard them discussing forming the club , lol 

That would have been the cricket club Trev!

1 hour ago, pauli said:

Eric Potts intercepts the opposites corner. Runs the length of the pitch and pops a pin point cross on Brian Joicey's left boot. 

BJ hoofs it over from 4 feet out, with their keeper stranded in no mans land.

weeing it down, on the open Kop, a Tuesday night against Oxford or Leyton Orient or something.

Wednesday till I die., sometime in the year 3016

Actually I have no idea why I am laughing because I was almost certainly there myself!

Reminds me of an away game at Shrewsbury in March or April of '76. Hadn't won away all season. Bottom of 3rd and only a few hundred of us go for the game (night match). Tipping it down but a few of us hardy souls (aka about 50 daft buggers) on the open end behind the goal. Penalty in last 10 to us right in front of us. Up steps the little ginger nut and blasts it over the bar. Boy did he get some abuse!

Edited by Utah Owl

My first season was the 1989/90 relegation season.

I remember watching us against the strong Liverpool team of that time.

My dad and grandfather were Liverpool fans and I didn't have a team at that time.

But I remember seeing Dalian Atkinson and David Hirst running rings around the very good Liverpool defence of that time

and I foolishly thought we'd be that good almost every week. :nuhiu:

Been many up's and down's since then. Some very good memories and many nightmarish ones. :carlos::ghoulguy: