How many years have you supported Sheffield Wednesday?

22550350_1910462845870529_3776773526622435308_o.jpg

Let's see who's supported Wednesday the longest. Not a competition or anything just want to see who remembers the farthest back Sheffield Wednesday stuff.

I go back to about 1975 (ish) when I got took to my first game so I'm not going to be anywhere near some of the more senior Owlstalk members

How about you guys?

Owlstalk Shop

'57/58 season. Can just remember first game v Barnsley standing in the rain with my dad on South Stand terrace 

Will be 60 years sometime this season.

Hillsborough then was just as per the picture except there were 6 floodlight pylons.

• Haha 1

Dad took me to my first match in 63 on the Kop, when I was 5. I remember my mum had bought me a blue and white wooden rattle and I was giving it some right wally! Sadly don't remember the opposition but it may have been Leicester? 

Eventually we graduated to the uncovered seating and saw some memorable games there - beating Burnley 7-0 when we were sitting near the bloke who had to keep putting the score up on the front of the stand and him joking he'd sleep well that night. Plus the 5-4 against Manure, when me dad had a bit of an altercation shall we say with a Manure fan on the way out who was shouting how effing lucky we had been. Salad days...

Edited by Almat

17 minutes ago, RussianDave said:

53 years. Actually, the first game I went to was in 1964 at Bramall Lane. I thought: Yuck. I'm not going there again. It only has 3 sides. Good cricket ground though.

I used to love going to Bramall Lane.

They had great players in those days, Close, Trumann, Illingworth , Sharpe and Boycott always put on a good show.

• Haha 3