Championship football clubs and how much the owners are worth?!

Here is an article a came across, gives an idea on how much club owners are worth. Some of them have surprised me. Also makes sence how clubs like wolves are able to spend so much..

Link.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/listed-owners-every-championship-club-13778193

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

Some surprising results on there.

If you were an Ipswich fan you'd be scratching your head.

The Wolves owners are very wealthy indeed.

Wasn't there rumours of some of the share holders at Reading selling up and perhaps joining us as they are connected in some way?

Plus if we ever get to the PL, I suspect that TUF could be brought onboard to add some clout. 

12 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

How does that explain Wolves spending power...do they have a FFP get out of jail card?

I've posted previously that an explanation of the mechanics of FFP would be greatly appreciated, there must be a set of rules and figures that even owlstalk members could understand, but then again ------------- :carlos:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

How does that explain Wolves spending power...do they have a FFP get out of jail card?

Wolves accounts show over the last few  years that relegation from the championship with parachute payments and subsequent promotion back to the championship with them makes them well, well inside FFP. 

Thats how i understand them anyway. 

"McCabe sold the Saudi Prince a 50% stake in the Blades for just £1. Since then the Prince has invested the best part of £80m in the club."

Someone's had the Princes pants down on that deal. A quid for 50% of that lot!

In all seriousness though, where's his £80m gone? Surely that's complete rounduns.

Wolves were nearly £6m in profit for 2015/16 so that allows a loss of £45m over 2016/17, 2017/2018 to stay within FFP this season.

This is simplistic and if they were to lose £45m over those two year, next season might be a bit sticky for them.

As it stands they will be within FFP at the moment.

28 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Christ, Google their accounts its their in black and white print. 

My very basic understanding is that you have around 3 seasons to spend what you want and if you make it to the promise land, your books balance and if not, you're hit with some form of sanction.  Wolves are somewhere near the beginning of this time frame?  I don't know.

P. S BARMYARMY 2010 - Everytime i come on here, i try to zoom into your profile picture. Who is it, can we see a bigger picture, asking for a friend...

4 minutes ago, Pilky said:

My very basic understanding is that you have around 3 seasons to spend what you want and if you make it to the promise land, your books balance and if not, you're hit with some form of sanction.  Wolves are somewhere near the beginning of this time frame?  I don't know.

P. S BARMYARMY 2010 - Everytime i come on here, i try to zoom into your profile picture. Who is it, can we see a bigger picture, asking for a friend...

Its the delicious Nicole Sherzinger. 

1 hour ago, Pilky said:

Nicole-Scherzinger.jpg

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

"McCabe sold the Saudi Prince a 50% stake in the Blades for just £1. Since then the Prince has invested the best part of £80m in the club."

In all seriousness though, where's his £80m gone? Surely that's complete rounduns.

Not sure but their current position looks better than ours 

5 hours ago, Brommers said:

McCabe's pocket lol 

• Haha 1