Jack Hunt spiel in local rag ...

57 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

The best thing that DC can do is make another purchase.

A compass, because I suspect Carlos may have lost parts of the dressing room.

Seriously though, whilst it is unprofessional but expected nowadays in football, if the players don't buy into what he's asking them to do then they won't perform well very often.

How many of our players will currently feel they are making great strides in their career and how many journeymen have we got that would in fact be displaced if we were to get promoted.

I think our squad needs a big motivator to come in, I think that is one of Carlos' weaknesses.

Exactly,how many players in this squad are good enough for the premier  I think none including Westwood.

5 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

Exactly,how many players in this squad are good enough for the premier  I think none including Westwood.

I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. Some of our play are struggling to cope with the likes of quality midfielders such as Robert Fleck, and strikers such as Leon Clarke. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We've heard it all before. Now either its the head coach's tactics or the application of the players. Either way it isn't good enough.

If Loovens is deemed to be the answer then again our recruitment has been shown up to be wee wee poor. We needed to improve on Loovens long ago and we will see the team revert back to two static centre halfs unable to play out from the back with our play will slowing down even further. The new centre half should have been brought in in July 2016 not 2017 but our head coach's arrogant I know better couple with no need for a physical midfielder has seen us go backwards.

Blimey Ronnie, I used to think you knew what you were on about but you've lost the plot like the rest of them.

Loovens is massively important to us as a player and as a captain. How you fail to see this is beyond me. 

We get a player making this sort of comment that the local media pick up on before every game.

I just wish they had the good sense to keep quiet until after the game.

Do the spouting then. Thats the time to talk about the reality if the situation.

12 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Too many of our squad are in the comfort zone.

Yep. 

Flipping cruising along at the moment; thinking they’re better than they actually are. 

Hear Adam Reach talking last week about how much quality we have and how we might be the best team in the league. This is after winning four league games all season and playing poorly for the most part. 

It is all hollow and meaningless if they go out there week in and week out and don’t perform.

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. Some of our play are struggling to cope with the likes of quality midfielders such as Robert Fleck, and strikers such as Leon Clarke. 

yer   The point being, why should they play to get out of this league knowing that if we got promoted they would probably be sold to a championship club

2 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

yer   The point being, why should they play to get out of this league knowing that if we got promoted they would probably be sold to a championship club

Oh god not this ridiculous conspiracy theory again.  

53 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Don’t disagree with this bit, it would be ‘reverting to type’ (Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil)

...but I’d still rather have the organisation and leadership skills of Loovens - even if it means nipping for a wee and a pie and still seeing him stood on the ball when you come back. 

We need some stability and if Loovens is the best we have to do that then that is what should be done but it adds fuel to the fire about how poor our recruitment is.

Usual clichés. No surprises there.

God forbid a player would say something original in an interview. Mind you, we all know the press would take them to the cleaners if they did.

Player - "I think the tactics sometimes stunt our attacking style"

Press headline - RACIST PLAYER CALLS FOR MANAGER'S PUBLIC EXECUTION

• Haha 1

Hunt's comments would be valid if the level of performance against Bolton was a one off. We've been none existing for the first 45 minutes of games for the majority of the last year and a half!

I was told that CC had the players in for a meeting on Tuesday where he told them that he wouldn't be defending their performances anymore, so not really surprised to see this article. 

The only thing I would say is that the manger has assembled this squad, if the players can't / won't do what you need them to then get rid of them and replace them with players that will. As others have said talk is cheap. The players seem extremely comfortable playing under Carlos and I'm not surprised. He came out the other week and said he'd never tell a player off for making a mistake. Come to think about it I've never seem him even shout at a player from the touch line for not doing his job. You can't be a successful manager and be everyone's best mate all the time. 

For me Jack Hunt and Reach are our main two issues this season, both are very poor defending we have conceded so many goals because they spend all their time up field and don't track back. Against United Van Aken was slated but he spent most of the match covering the fact that Reach and Bannan never tracked back.

For me Palmer is better defensively than Hunt so drop Hunt for the next 5 games and our record at the back will improve, move Reach to left wing and Play Pudil/Fox or even Penny at full back whose first job is defending.

Carlos does not understand the concept of 4-4-2 if he did we would play two wingers instead of one with 3 central midfielders as everytime we attacked Bannan moves in field and Reach goes up the wing leaving us exposed at the back and on the wings. Wallace does the same thing on the other wing he is Left Footed and never goes on the outside instead cuts in field and you guessed it leave gaping holes on the wing as often Hunt is on the over lap.

If Carlos wants to survive as Owls manager he needs to start playing players in their correct position and drop his favourites, whats best for the team is not whats best for Carlos.

For me against Derby I would go

Westwood

Loovens/Lees/Van Aken

Wallace/Lee/Hutch/Bannan/Reach

Joao/Hooper

Bench Wildsmith/Venancio/Pudil/Jones/Matias/Fletcher/Hirst

If he can't drop Lees/Hutch/Bannan then change the formation to make it work and balance the team. 

6 hours ago, Derick Mills said:

Hooper in the right team.

FF on his day.

That's proabably the lot, although some bright spark will be along to suggest that the yet-as-unplayed Hirst, is worth £20m and would get into the Manyoo side.

Everyone is blaming the manager but surely as very highly paid professional footballers they too must share some responsibility. If they have an issue with the manager or other personnel at the club they should leave that aside whilst playing and give 100% effort and at the end of the match they should be confident that they have earned their wage.

7 hours ago, Blatter said:

We get a player making this sort of comment that the local media pick up on before every game.

I just wish they had the good sense to keep quiet until after the game.

Do the spouting then. Thats the time to talk about the reality if the situation.

What do you think they should speak about then? USA / North Korea sabre rattling...global warming...the upcoming Ashes series ?