Jack Hunt spiel in local rag ...

18 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Without doubt the players are massively underperforming, they’re the ones that’ll end up getting Carlos sacked. 

Everyone wants him to succeed here, but unfortunately the manager is the one that gets the boot when teams don’t play well. 

Are you saying the players are at fault for Carlos’ negative tactics?

4 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

Are you saying the players are at fault for Carlos’ negative tactics?

Or maybe they aren’t playing to the level he wants them to play. 

Negative tactics or not, watching both the Birmingham and Bolton games, the effort and desire looks missing from most. 

We've heard it all before. Now either its the head coach's tactics or the application of the players. Either way it isn't good enough.

10 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I like Jack Hunt. Seems an honest and decent lad. 

I reckon Loovens and Pudil would help sort things out a bit at the back. 

If Loovens is deemed to be the answer then again our recruitment has been shown up to be wee wee poor. We needed to improve on Loovens long ago and we will see the team revert back to two static centre halfs unable to play out from the back with our play will slowing down even further. The new centre half should have been brought in in July 2016 not 2017 but our head coach's arrogant I know better couple with no need for a physical midfielder has seen us go backwards.

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Or maybe they aren’t playing to the level he wants them to play. 

Negative tactics or not, watching both the Birmingham and Bolton games, the effort and desire looks missing from most. 

While I agree that there hasn’t been enough effort on the most part this season and you can add the Blades match to that too. But for me it’s not coincidence that when we do play with even a smidgen of attacking intent, we go back to looking like one of the best teams in the league. Look at the Leeds & Forest matches this season, Norwich last season etc. Majority of the blame has to lie with Carlos’s negativity.

Players definitely need to step it up IMHO regardless of tactics. I like Hunt's sentiment, I think he's being honest but in all fairness it's just another piece  in the press, saying the same thing we've heard repeatedly by other players since start of the season ...

...just quoting a different player this time.

Dom Howson filling pages, hitting his targets, so he gets his pay cheque.

If we have any chance of wresting back control of our own destiny this season we need to see out October with three wins Derby, Barnsley, Millwall.

My only current criticism of Carlos is not tactics but his lack of ruthlessness - if players don't perform once then fair do's, put it down to a bad day at the office, but if the same core of players continually flounder and don't perform as you've set them up then drop them - simples; and yes that does include Bannan IMHO.

Edited by F. Spiksley

19 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

While I agree that there hasn’t been enough effort on the most part this season and you can add the Blades match to that too. But for me it’s not coincidence that when we do play with even a smidgen of attacking intent, we go back to looking like one of the best teams in the league. Look at the Leeds & Forest matches this season, Norwich last season etc. Majority of the blame has to lie with Carlos’s negativity.

I’m only playing devils ascocate here, I can’t disagree with the fact we’re setting up too negatively, but the blame can be partly shared. 

Still agree it is time for Carlos to leave, but I just can’t see that happening. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think ever since Star was first published you get bland stories like this after a bad defeat.

I don't blame Jack Hunt as what else do you expect him to say but I cant help but groan when I read stuff like this.

Isn't it?

Howson wrote that on his phone whilst sitting on the sh*tter.  It's not in depth, paraphrasing a thirty second chat he had with Jack Hunt, at best!

lol

The best thing that DC can do is make another purchase.

A compass, because I suspect Carlos may have lost parts of the dressing room.

Seriously though, whilst it is unprofessional but expected nowadays in football, if the players don't buy into what he's asking them to do then they won't perform well very often.

How many of our players will currently feel they are making great strides in their career and how many journeymen have we got that would in fact be displaced if we were to get promoted.

I think our squad needs a big motivator to come in, I think that is one of Carlos' weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If Loovens is deemed to be the answer then again our recruitment has been shown up to be wee wee poor. We needed to improve on Loovens long ago and we will see the team revert back to two static centre halfs unable to play out from the back with our play will slowing down even further.

Don’t disagree with this bit, it would be ‘reverting to type’ (Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil)

...but I’d still rather have the organisation and leadership skills of Loovens - even if it means nipping for a wee and a pie and still seeing him stood on the ball when you come back.