Sign in to follow this  
SallyCinnamon

The real reason there's a meltdown at SWFC

The ones who say they don't give a monkeys about how United are doing are the truly deluded ones. You can bet your last rolo if they were bottom of the league these same Owls would be gloating continuously. Face it, historically they are our greatest rivals and the fact they've happened on Wilder, someone I genuinely believe will reach the top of the tree in management just makes our manager look even poorer in comparison than he is (and he IS poor!). This is aside from the relative costs of the squad but bring that into the equation and it's incredibly embarrassing for us right now. If we were United fans we would be giving it large. The fact that they are now is entirely justified. 

There were so many on here before the season started saying they would be very poor in this league compared to the pub league and would really struggle. I was of the opinion that they would surprise people due to having an excellent manager, confidence and momentum and got laughed at by some. You can tell from their stats (W8, lost 4, drawn 0meaning Wilder has a 66.67% win record!!)) that they are playing positive, attacking football and must be commended for that. The fact they have a chairman and manager who are actual lifelong fans is very rare (unique?) these days...

Edited by Almat

4 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

Go on I’ll bite, you say it’s not wrong but crowds are the highest they’ve been in my lifetime (Of supporting Wednesday anyway). Is it not fair to say that if you want something enough you’re willing to make sacrifices for it? Rough guess. 80ish% of houses have all got something they could sacrifice in order to save for something else. Be it; Drinking, smoking, betting, takeaways. Those are just a few examples off the top of my head that could all be stopped (or cut down on) in order to help save money to go to the match once a month with Gert, Tarquin & Tarquine. There’s usually something that could give. 

they dont drink or smoke or bet or have takeaways,just 1 wage to do the usual for their home.

Just now, EXCALIBUR said:

they dont drink or smoke or bet or have takeaways,just 1 wage to do the usual for their home.

Do they have a telly or a microwave? Or even a pot to go for a pi55?

4 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

Not relevant when they have ST’s

of course it is.would you pay full price ?

2 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

Do they have a telly or a microwave? Or even a pot to go for a pi55?

dont diss my friends  t w a t

2 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Do you they Sky TV?

Edited by toppOwl

If I was a season ticket holder, no. I’d have a season ticket. 

If I had to, I’d pay the full price for a season ticket rather than reduced cause it’ll save a few quid over the course of the season. 

For the record, I’m not a STH and when I do go to matches, when I’m not at work, I pay full price. 

Them gruntbag cnuts winning and us losing at bolton nearly tipped a lot of us over the edge..you can tell..coming out people wer fighting each other and everybody was angry..we just need a couple er satdays where we win and they lose..derby will be bedlam if we lose again and they win

1 minute ago, EXCALIBUR said:

dont diss my friends  t w a t

Where did I “diss” your friends? I said they could probably give something up (like most households if they want something bad enough), that’s how the world works mate 

The answer is a ‘ truefan’ would eat grass and feed worms to their kids to go at whatever price :carlos:

these cheap st guys will have a proper dose of reality if he puts

s the price up 

1 minute ago, EXCALIBUR said:

i have yes.

Simple answer, cancel and put the money towards ST's, much better value.

Honestly couldn’t give a throw what they are doing, the real reason there is a meltdown is because larger numbers of people are now understanding why Carlos  has been at so many clubs over his career for such short periods. 

9 minutes ago, Almat said:

The ones who say they don't give a monkeys about how United are doing are the truly deluded ones. You can bet your last rolo if they were bottom of the league these same Owls would be gloating continuously. Face it, historically they are our greatest rivals and the fact they've happened on Wilder, someone I genuinely believe will reach the top of the tree in management just makes our manager look even poorer in comparison than he is (and he IS poor!). This is aside from the relative costs of the squad but bring that into the equation and it's incredibly embarrassing for us right now. If we were United fans we would be giving it large. The fact that they are now is entirely justified. 

There were so many on here before the season started saying they would be very poor in this league compared to the pub league and would really struggle. I was of the opinion that they would surprise people due to having an excellent manager, confidence and momentum and got laughed at by some. You can tell from their stats (W8, lost 4, drawn 0meaning Wilder has a 66.67% win record!!)) that they are playing positive, attacking football and must be commended for that. The fact they have a chairman and manager who are actual lifelong fans is very rare (unique?) these days...

Nail on the head.

When they blew 6 play offs we laughed at every single failure, oh how we laughed. When we bottle 2 some of our fans think this is success.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Simple answer, cancel and put the money towards ST's, much better value.

i was not talking about me,it was about a friend

It makes it alot worse!

But we are still doing crap ourselves!

32 minutes ago, Almat said:

The ones who say they don't give a monkeys about how United are doing are the truly deluded ones. 

Or they have a brain cell or two ...

When Sheff Utd blew a massive lead in Division 3 I laughed because we caught them 

When they continued to blow Divion 3 (play offs or otherwise) I laughed because they under performed as a club with what was at their disposal 

Thats the exact same reason why I'm not laughing now ... We're under performing as a club with what's at our disposal ... Nothing to do with them to be honest 

If they go up and we don't, we will never hear end of it and there will be meltdown on here!

Carlos and Chansiri will be run out of city whilst owlstalk members burn effigies of them!