Roland Nilsson

I wouldn't want the greatest player I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt to be exposed to the foul criticism that is inevitable from the legions of fans that discovered the club when we got to the playoff final 2 years ago. 

20,000 of whom have vanished into thin air. 

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have for the best part managed to block Wilsons spell as manager out of my concious memory, it has taken many years of zen training.

Now all I remember is this...

Danny_Wilson_Sheff_Wed_v_Chelsea_1991_League_cup_semi_final_SWFC.gif

That was a goose bump goal, the way the ground erupted when it went in, watching this still gives me goose bumps now

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

I wouldn't want the greatest player I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt to be exposed to the foul criticism that is inevitable from the legions of fans that discovered the club when we got to the playoff final 2 years ago. 

20,000 of whom have vanished into thin air. 

I agree about Roland, but the comment about 20,000 glory hunters is way off the mark.

There are reasons people can't go to every game, but they're still supporters. That season I didn't go to a single game until the play off final.

I live in America, It cost me about $1500 all in to go to 1 game. I haven't vanished into thin air.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Sweden U-21s. Shall we go for an England U-21 manager then? Aidy Boothroyd or Stuart Pearce, would we be happy with that? Or what about an actual England Manager? McLaren must be good enough then.

We all know English managers are bobber don't we! So no smart arse.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have for the best part managed to block Wilsons spell as manager out of my concious memory, it has taken many years of zen training.

I can shut my eyes and I'm back seeing that beauty hit the back of the net 

My point is - Nilsson won the league in Sweden as manager of Malmö. And was on his way to winning the Danish league before he was fired by a batshit crazy chairman.

So would I have him as manager at Hillsborough? Like a flipping shot I would. 

But apparently he’s not worth a look as he’s never taken a team from the Championship to the Premiership.

If that’s your criteria, then your pool is pretty limited. Enjoy your football under Pardew, et al. And frankly of that lot, I’d be happier with Warnock than most.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest addedtime
15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I also have his goal against kaiserslautern buried away as well. His celebration, I thought his head was going to explode.