Roland Nilsson

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

Surely he must be in the hat for the next manager? Decent managerial record, excellent intelligent player and current manager of a good under 21 Sweden side. Loves our club and we love him......

Is he on the books of Doyen sports?

• Haha 3

Just now, alanharper said:

Let's not tarnish another club legend.

Wilson, Turner, Eustace, Megson to an extent - all remembered more for being sacked as manager than for what they did on the field as good players.

This 100% i'd prefer our legends to stay as legends, same goes for Pearson, Sheridan etc

Guest wilyfox

1. Westwood

2. Nilsson

3. Nilsson

4. Nilsson

5. Nilsson

6. Nilsson

7. Nilsson

8. Nilsson

9. Nilsson

10. Nilsson

11. Nilsson

Head Coach: Nilsson

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Wilson, Turner, Eustace, Megson to an extent - all remembered more for being sacked as manager than for what they did on the field as good players.

I have for the best part managed to block Wilsons spell as manager out of my concious memory, it has taken many years of zen training.

Now all I remember is this...

Danny_Wilson_Sheff_Wed_v_Chelsea_1991_League_cup_semi_final_SWFC.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

100% this. Ex players dont always make great managers for us. Let Nilsson remain a legend to us all as a player.

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have for the best part managed to block Wilsons spell as manager out of my concious memory, it has taken many years of zen training.

Now all I remember is this...

Danny_Wilson_Sheff_Wed_v_Chelsea_1991_League_cup_semi_final_SWFC.gif

Brings back memories, I remember that goal...a cracker!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Yes because there are loads of them knocking around isn't there you plum. Sweden obviously think he is a good enough manager !!

Sweden U-21s. Shall we go for an England U-21 manager then? Aidy Boothroyd or Stuart Pearce, would we be happy with that? Or what about an actual England Manager? McLaren must be good enough then.

Players held in such high regard should be involved with the club for ambassadorial purposes but not management.

I don't get the love of bringing in ex players. We all know the average tenure of a football manager is short and often that's due to being sacked rather than poached.