Matias / Boyd

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

What is strange 

Abdi appears to have been injured since we signed him and this is borne out by the fact he rarely completed 90 mins when selected. Carlos kept telling us he was injured but as usual people ignored him 

Unless Carlos did his medical It is not his fault 

We generally play a 442. Boyd was a regular in a 442 with Burnley . Most people were happy we signed him

There are lots of things to have a go at Carlos for if you are inclined to but not Boyd and Abdi

key thing is who bought them?   recruitment as bad as tactics for me

yet again we buy players and they just are squad shirt / treatment room fillers  butterfield boyd venancio abdi  

Just now, steelowl said:

yet again we buy players and they just are squad shirt / treatment room fillers  butterfield boyd venancio abdi  

Boyd was clearly brought in as a replacement for Wallace to add more energy and running .

I think most people would agree we need a replacement for Wallace and it is a shame, and Sod's law, that Boyd picked up his first long term injury for yonks 

Abdi was an expensive massive mistake by someone, Butterfield I would play while Venancio is here on holiday 

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Got even stranger when he said Boyd can't play in a diamond. Why thafook would you sign an ageing player who doesn't suit one of the formations you often play?

Could the fact we got him on a free be anything to do with it

14 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Venancio signing surely came down to CC. Playing in the Portuguese league, the captain of his side, im sure if CC knows about any league and has contacts in the game it's in Portugal. The lad hasn't been involved at all since he signed, possibly on the bench once? What did CC see in him, surely he would have known his strengths etc. 

16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Venancio signing surely came down to CC. Playing in the Portuguese league, the captain of his side, im sure if CC knows about any league and has contacts in the game it's in Portugal. The lad hasn't been involved at all since he signed, possibly on the bench once? What did CC see in him, surely he would have known his strengths etc. 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

the Portuguese league is nowhere near the standard of the championship ,skilful players yes but totally different ,venancio is to be added to the huge list of players still here or who left but signed by carlos who have been a huge costly experiment which I'm fairly sure is sending us to ffp ,soon as that happens expect a fire sale and expect chansiri to stay in Thailand and leave us supporters with this mess caused by a totally inept carlos and dc who is totally out of his depth regarding running a football club. 

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

Are these two injured?

I know Boyd was carrying a knock which kept him out of the squad but that seems to be about two month ago.

matias seems to be having another season that passes him by

Are they still injured or just don’t fit cc playing style 

Its almost like they are becoming this seasons forgotten men again

Back in a fortnight 

The Matias and Joao situations annoy me. 2 flair players who given a run I think would improve the team. 

But no stick with the tired and tested who have helped us lose 3 out of 4.

Jordan Rhodes needs stringing up and shooting. Get the crosses in and he'll come good. Pah. 

• Haha 1

yet another sorry state of affairs off the pitch for SWFC - transfer dealings

some quality players brought in that are either never played or always flipping injured ..

Matias doesn't fit this seasons CC tactics with a diamond formation, no width and no direct attacking intent.

i'm really disappointed that Urby wasn't given more of a run out at left back

as for the others ... wow .... spent some right dosh and literally just thrown it down the karzy ...

On 10/17/2017 at 17:47, WalthamOwl said:

I just find it strange that quality players like Boyd and Abdi for example, players that have played in the Premiership and looked real quality all of a sudden arent good enough to play in our team,

When you are losing, the 'best players' are always the ones not in the team.

This is why people think that young Hirst is a world beater despite never having seen him play a senior game!

Latest on Boud is that he had surgery on his shoulder but it didn't resolve the problem.

He went in for surgery again a week or so ago, which seem to have gone well and he's ok now.

However he needs to recover and then get back into training, so probably unlikely to see him before xmas.