Matias / Boyd

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I would dread to think what Emanuelson makes you want to do.

lol

Tbh I've accepted that Emanuelson was probably "given" to Carlos. You're not likely to use a player you didn't want, as with Lachman. But Carlos said Boyd was his "first choice to the position", and later said he can't play in a diamond. Didn't do his homework on the player then, did he..?! 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Perhaps because CC didn't actually sign him or even want him.

Just saying, like......

Carlos said he was first choice. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Tbh I've accepted that Emanuelson was probably "given" to Carlos. You're not likely to use a player you didn't want, as with Lachman. But Carlos said Boyd was his "first choice to the position", and later said he can't play in a diamond. Didn't do his homework on the player then, did he..?! 

Or did he decide after buying him that the diamond formation was a better way to go. Because he did start with him.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

What was he really going to say if he wasn't?

"The chaimran and his cronies have lumbered me with some over the hill midfielder that I didn't want"

He would have said nothing in that case. His comments endorsed the signing as his preference. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

He would have said nothing in that case. His comments endorsed the signing as his preference. 

So in an interview with a journalist he would just look at his shoes and stay schtum? Perhaps whistle a bit to while away the awkward silence....

Get real. CC has had various players 'selected' for him and he has to do his best to look happy about it. If he said nothing he might as well get his own P45.

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

So in an interview with a journalist he would just look at his shoes and stay schtum? Perhaps whistle a bit to while away the awkward silence....

Get real. CC has had various players 'selected' for him and he has to do his best to look happy about it. If he said nothing he might as well get his own P45.

You're being daft now. When you say he's your first choice, that commits you. Did he ever say Emauelson was his first choice? Or Abdi? Or Fox? ..or the many others? No, but he did of Boyd, and Hooper when he joined. Also shared his admiration of Bannan as a player he'd followed for years. There's a difference. 

At the first Bolton debacle, not the second one. When Matius and Joao came on they changed the game.

With Matius we suddenly had pace on the left and had someone actually going at defenders and turning them at what seemed like, although I have almost forgotten what it looks like, pace.

Then he disappears......... 

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

and remind me, he lasted how long, exactly?

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

:wacko:

Unless I was asleep when he was sacked he is still there.

:picnic: