Fan on fan

11 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Seems you are very supportive of our commercial side? 

Thought you might be on the payroll ?

Being as you negative to  anyone who slags the commercial side off 

I welcome your response ...

He knows money (he spends a lot of time counting it does @casbahowl and not spending it). As has previously been stated the SWFC as a business has been failing for nigh on 2 decades and it is impossible to turn that round inside 2 years. Mistakes have been made and will probably continue to be but the negativity a lot of the posters on here to the commercial side and the reasoning behind some of it is at times laughable.

I am more than confident that the business side will start to come right over the next 18-24 months, but as I have already said in many earlier posts we have been set up for premier league football with the executive boxes etc, so if we are unsuccessful in our promotion bid this year the business model will have to change.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He knows money (he spends a lot of time counting it does @casbahowl and not spending it). As has previously been stated the SWFC as a business has been failing for nigh on 2 decades and it is impossible to turn that round inside 2 years. Mistakes have been made and will probably continue to be but the negativity a lot of the posters on here to the commercial side and the reasoning behind some of it is at times laughable.

I am more than confident that the business side will start to come right over the next 18-24 months, but as I have already said in many earlier posts we have been set up for premier league football with the executive boxes etc, so if we are unsuccessful in our promotion bid this year the business model will have to change.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

This isn't Rocket Science ......

I know how sales and commerce works 

If you put tat on the shelves and disguise it as a quality item and charge premium price you will lose your 

LOYAL money spending regulars in a non specific timeline 

In other words if you are knocking out gear on a market you have an escape route if you are an established 150 year old business built around the "Working Class "you can't run away ...

We are years off the Premier League 

You are deluded if you think we are going to become Arsenal Spurs Chelsea (not you personally Chansiri)

There isn't the wage infastructure up here for that model  This is Yorkshire 

The whole commercial side is a Shambles this has been "washed out in public"with the 150 year celebrations from the season start.

Put a good team on the pitch 

With a manager who knows what he is doing 

Provide a kit for the fans that they aspire to .

And don't palm the hard working money spending supporters who are loyal customers (they are the lifeblood of the club) with pipe dreams and bull 

This isn't Islington or knightsbridge  it's Hillsborough -Yorkshire.. People want value for their money not some old tat 

They won't be fobbed off I kid you not ..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

This isn't Rocket Science ......

I know how sales and commerce works 

If you put tat on the shelves and disguise it as a quality item and charge premium price you will lose your 

LOYAL money spending regulars in a non specific timeline 

In other words if you are knocking out gear on a market you have an escape route if you are an established 150 year old business built around the "Working Class "you can't run away ...

We are years off the Premier League 

You are deluded if you think we are going to become Arsenal Spurs Chelsea (not you personally Chansiri)

There isn't the wage infastructure up here for that model  This is Yorkshire 

The whole commercial side is a Shambles this has been "washed out in public"with the 150 year celebrations from the season start.

Put a good team on the pitch 

With a manager who knows what he is doing 

Provide a kit for the fans that they aspire to .

And don't palm the hard working money spending supporters who are loyal customers (they are the lifeblood of the club) with pipe dreams and bull 

This isn't Islington or knightsbridge  it's Hillsborough -Yorkshire.. People want value for their money not some old tat 

They won't be fobbed off I kid you not ..

I agree and that is where DC has been badly advised with regards ticket prices etc, I don't think DC ever thought we would become Chelsea etc in the short or middle term but long term he possibly has a vision to see us become a side that could be competing top 6 Prem League and the riches that this brings. The kit is a matter of opinion I personally like this years design but the whole availability piece is a joke and has cost the club a pretty penny.

The whole thing as you quite rightly states needs to start on the pitch and I am a firm believer that if we get that right the rest will follow.

4 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Seems you are very supportive of our commercial side? 

Thought you might be on the payroll ?

Being as you negative to  anyone who slags the commercial side off 

I welcome your response ...

I would like to think I'm very supportive of the club as a whole. In my opinion that's the role of a genuine supporter.

Being a Wednesdayite is never going to be easy but then again a "calling" never usually is.

I tend to neg other posters who blindly slag off my club whilst either not attending matches nor offering a reasonable alternative to their vitriol, that is my perogative,  others escape the neg for providing said alternative .

Having watched us play on 119 different grounds in Britain , Europe and the USA I feel I have as much right as anyone on here to post, agree/disagree or neg anyone I feel like.

Glad you welcome my response , I'm usually in the Shakey pre/post home matches and am always up for debate if you're ever in .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

I would like to think I'm very supportive of the club as a whole. In my opinion that's the role of a genuine supporter.

Being a Wednesdayite is never going to be easy but then again a "calling" never usually is.

I tend to neg other posters who blindly slag off my club whilst either not attending matches nor offering a reasonable alternative to their vitriol, that is my perogative,  others escape the neg for providing said alternative .

Having watched us play on 119 different grounds in Britain , Europe and the USA I feel I have as much right as anyone on here to post, agree/disagree or neg anyone I feel like.

Glad you welcome my response , I'm usually in the Shakey pre/post home matches and am always up for debate if you're ever in .

I'm celebrating 50 years next January since my very first game I attended at Hillsborough 

And like you I feel I've earned my stripes 

over the years to say what I think about "my team"  believe you me I've seen someshite. 

But I've also seen some fantastic Wednesday moments .

Usually on here most of my posts are "tongue in cheek" after all "The Wednesday way" has to be done that way, otherwise you would run out of Vallium!!

I travel 200 mile round trip to home games and duck n dive the away games 

Mainly in the opposition end I've done that for over 33 years,I'm Hillsborough born and bred but not lived in the city since 1984 had season tickets and chucked them in the bin half way through a season  so yes neg me all you like when I post a gag .

I really don't think everyone on here uses it for the serious stuff because I've never met a True Owl who's serious...

Not been in the Shakey since early 80's but I will pop in and buy you a pint in the near future..

Are you a "Strummer" Casbah 

Or a" Sharkey" Casbah 

Just thought singing the right song might find you ? 

Kind regards O/G xx

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm celebrating 50 years next January since my very first game I attended at Hillsborough 

And like you I feel I've earned my stripes 

over the years to say what I think about "my team"  believe you me I've seen someshite. 

But I've also seen some fantastic Wednesday moments .

Usually on here most of my posts are "tongue in cheek" after all "The Wednesday way" has to be done that way, otherwise you would run out of Vallium!!

I travel 200 mile round trip to home games and duck n dive the away games 

Mainly in the opposition end I've done that for over 33 years,I'm Hillsborough born and bred but not lived in the city since 1984 had season tickets and chucked them in the bin half way through a season  so yes neg me all you like when I post a gag .

I really don't think everyone on here uses it for the serious stuff because I've never met a True Owl who's serious...

Not been in the Shakey since early 80's but I will pop in and buy you a pint in the near future..

Are you a "Strummer" Casbah 

Or a" Sharkey" Casbah 

Just thought singing the right song might find you ? 

Kind regards O/G xx

Strummer every time pal & the beers on me !

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:52, soldierboyblue said:

The posters saying there's nothing in our store but Dem Blades store is full of stuff...not actually taking in that there store is probably a third of ours and if we put the stock we have into theirs it would look chocka